• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:47:57 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

adding new char help

Started by Zeirnaton, January 07, 2014, 07:52:37 am

Zeirnaton

so I've been doing lots of reading and some things are just....blowing up my mind

I kinda have to know, but in one of the guides I read it said to basically import the character you want to in to simons spot via shishi and then move simon to celia (never Used) why are we doing this can't we just take the character we want to add and put him where celia is or am I just missing something?

ugh and when I do just try to follow directions I keep getting file size to big when I try to move simon via spr or bmp to "celia (never used)".

I know there is a file size limitation for the psp, is everyone just using the PS1 version to get across this?

the custom character I had in mind wanting to put in was the custom skeleton sprite

Glain

You can indeed just overwrite the unused Celia. The reason that Simon was being used instead (and all the ENTD changes that result) was because his job points to a valid formation/pre-battle screen sprite slot, but you can edit where those point anyway for any job with UWEntries.

You can do that on the PS1 version, anyway.  I'm sure it's possible on the PSP version too, but you'd have to find the tables to repoint the formation/pre-battle screen data for a job.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zeirnaton