• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:56:14 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFTA Translation Project

Started by Kyabo, December 15, 2016, 06:53:43 pm

Kyabo

Firstly, I'd like to thank you guys for all the effort in hacking FFTA. Thanks for making awesome tools and finding a bunch of valuable data adresses. I never thought such community existed (even if it seems a little dead now), and it inspired me to start a new project, and here we are.

(tl;dr) So, I'm from Brazil and I'd like to translate the game to Brazilian Portuguese. My main question is: What are the best tools for the job?

FFTA All in One has a font editor, so it can be used to create special characters used in portuguese like à and õ. The european version of the game also has a bunch of those characters already (é, à, ç, etc), so I'd like to know if it's possible to use that version, or I'd have to make these from scratch.

And obviously, tools for editing the storyline, menus and ability names, if any exists. This is actually my first project in romhacking, I know there's a lot of text in the game and this will take a lot of time, but I'm interested in the challenge, so please, if anyone is alive here, shed me some light on the matter. Thanks in advance.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown