• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:54:44 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

MasterGrand's Events

Started by MasterGrand, October 25, 2013, 05:58:36 pm

MasterGrand

Hello guys

I let Gafgarion join up I don't like lose character like Gafgarion he is strong  :mrgreen:

Let's be together !!

Kagebunji

Three times you used Gafgarion's name in one sentence, god lawl. You need to get a writer, MG, cause this language just kills me :P

Otherwise, I also liked Gaff a lot, so it's nice to see him join, haha.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Joseph Strife

Yeah, you need to rework those dialogues, but i liked it.

As for gaffy, well, i guess my signature says for me... :P
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

MasterGrand

Quote from: Kagebunji on October 25, 2013, 06:20:02 pm
Three times you used Gafgarion's name in one sentence, god lawl. You need to get a writer, MG, cause this language just kills me :P

Otherwise, I also liked Gaff a lot, so it's nice to see him join, haha.

I know my language is bad but you can understand me KB lol

Quote from: Joseph Strife on October 25, 2013, 06:36:39 pm
Yeah, you need to rework those dialogues, but i liked it.

As for gaffy, well, i guess my signature says for me... :P

I will rework, thanks JS and KB
Let's be together !!

MasterGrand

I rework Gafgarion join up event again also I hope like my writer  :)

Let's be together !!

Pride

Besides the obvious dialog issue, the event itself is pleasant and not bad at all for a first event.

I choose not to change the dialog btw because its hilarious.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Angel

Posted as xif

Pretty sure you can't move a unit during a battle without giving it the potential of stacking 2 units on top of each other, which would force the player to reset the game.

Pretty sure Effect() targets map coordinates and not units, meaning the effects wouldn't appear on Ramza/Gaff 99% of the time.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

sasapinjic

i like it , but maybe it will better to Ramza says something like " i purify your heart of evil and envy " , and to change animation from " Zodiac devil awakens " to " zodiac stone cures Malak " .
" Ramza always defeat  me , dispute the fact that his best ability is to trow stones ! "      
my Homepage

3lric

October 26, 2013, 04:10:33 pm #8 Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 07:11:39 pm by Elric
Quote from: Toshiko on October 26, 2013, 03:46:48 am
Pretty sure you can't move a unit during a battle without giving it the potential of stacking 2 units on top of each other, which would force the player to reset the game.

This is correct, there is no reason or need to move Gafgarion after the effect MasterGrand, doing this will cause an issue and I recommend you remove it.

Quote from: Toshiko on October 26, 2013, 03:46:48 am
Pretty sure Effect() targets map coordinates and not units, meaning the effects wouldn't appear on Ramza/Gaff 99% of the time.

This is not correct, as Vanilla does this more than a few times, and I also use this method in my own effect videos. So this should not be a problem, as long
as you are using just the UnitID rather than the Coordinates. (Think of the 2 assassins in the fight with Elmdor)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Honestly I was a bit worried, since you seemed to be having a lot of issues at first MasterGrand, but the fact that you pulled through and still found out how to make this work without needing initial help (for this particular event) says a lot. Well done, MasterGrand, I hope to see some more work from you :)

Lijj

MasterGrand

Quote from: sasapinjic on October 26, 2013, 04:20:51 am
i like it , but maybe it will better to Ramza says something like " i purify your heart of evil and envy " , and to change animation from " Zodiac devil awakens " to " zodiac stone cures Malak " .

(Zodiac devil awakens) this only test .

Quote from: Elric on October 26, 2013, 04:10:33 pm

This is correct, there is no reason or need to move Gafgarion after the effect MasterGrand, doing this will cause an issue and I recommend you remove it.
This is not correct, as Vanilla does this more than a few times, and I also use this method in my own effect videos. So this should not be a problem, as long
as you are using just the UnitID rather than the Coordinates. (Think of the 2 assassins in the fight with Elmdor)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Honestly I was a bit worried, since you seemed to be having a lot of issues at first MasterGrand, but the fact that you pulled through and still found out how to make this work without needing initial help (for this particular event) says a lot. Well done, MasterGrand, I hope to see some more work from you :)

Thanks Elric for cheer me :)

I don't know how let him don't move also I try to let him not move but I fail .

Quote from: Lijj on October 26, 2013, 08:31:55 pm
Great job MG!

Thanks Lijj for cheer me :)
Let's be together !!

3lric

MasterGrand, if you pastebin the event here, I can help you make it so Gafgarion does not move after the effect

MasterGrand

Quote from: Elric on October 27, 2013, 01:53:26 pm
MasterGrand, if you pastebin the event here, I can help you make it so Gafgarion does not move after the effect

No need bin you can Elric past here code for not move gaffy .
Let's be together !!

3lric

I would need to see your event.txt first MasterGrand, there is no code to NOT move him, you have a code in your event that is making it happen. It would have to be removed, which is why I would need to look at your event.txt :P

MasterGrand

Quote from: Elric on October 27, 2013, 02:27:38 pm
I would need to see your event.txt first MasterGrand, there is no code to NOT move him, you have a code in your event that is making it happen. It would have to be removed, which is why I would need to look at your event.txt :P

Sorry Elric for not reply early because some errors in dial internet .

Effect(x214,x02,000,000,x00)
EffectStart()
{1C}(r02)
EffectEnd()
UnitAnim(x02,x00,x2C,x00,x00)
Wait(00015)
UnitAnim(x11,x00,x39,x00,x00)
Effect(x207,x11,000,000,x00)
EffectStart()
CallFunction(x05)
{1C}(r02)
EffectEnd()
Wait(00110)
Wait(00110)
Wait(00086)
Erase(x11,x00)
WarpUnit(x17,x00,004,012,x00,x00)
UnitAnim(x17,x00,x17,x00,x00)
Draw(x17,x00)
RemoveUnit(x11,x00)
Let's be together !!

3lric

Its ok lol

To fix the issue remove the WarpUnit command :P

MasterGrand

Quote from: Elric on October 29, 2013, 10:48:40 am
Its ok lol

To fix the issue remove the WarpUnit command :P

I try remove warp but nothing, please fix the issue , I be happy if you help me Elric also I don't annoy you again .
Let's be together !!

3lric

What do you mean by nothing happens? If you remove the warpunit command he can not move to a different tile since he has no command telling him to do so. That is the only thing making it do that

MasterGrand

Hello guys

Battle Orbonne Character Vicks event, and more will coming soon events !!

Let's be together !!

sasapinjic

lol , that is lots of stasis swords !  :)
" Ramza always defeat  me , dispute the fact that his best ability is to trow stones ! "      
my Homepage