• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:30:33 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Hello, how to modify skillset names ?

Started by Delinight, September 26, 2015, 01:01:06 am

Delinight

September 26, 2015, 01:01:06 am Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 09:13:32 am by Delinight

How to modify using hex editor ?

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: 2DMajin

Xifanie

• You can't use that skillset ("normal" working skillsets work at basic skill).

• Hex editor? The game uses pointers, but if you really want to do it that way, feel free to hex edit 5 days straight to change one skillset name. There's a thing called pointers that makes it unbelievably impractical for hex editing.

• You have TacText open... you've already shown you can edit it. I see "Light Sword" there (even if it's in a bad slot), you can't lie to me!

• The cell you're pointing to? That's just a reference. You can't edit that.

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

3lric

• Modding version: PSX

Raijinili

Quote from: Xifanie on September 26, 2015, 12:54:39 pm
You have TacText open... you've already shown you can edit it. I see "Light Sword" there (even if it's in a bad slot), you can't lie to me!

To clarify, Delinight, you already successfully edited the in-game text. The Name cell is not what's displayed in the game.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown