• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:52:24 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Help with modifying World Map Flow?

Started by Genghis Hank, September 16, 2015, 04:26:58 pm

Genghis Hank

Started making a custom mod, and after creating a few events I'm at the stage where I'd like to edit the World Map flow. I've been reading over this forum for a few days and I've looked through all of the tutorials I could find but still can't figure out how to do it.

Is there a video tutorial anywhere?

What I'm trying to do is start the game at Warjilis Trade City and have a path drawn to Bariaus Valley and Lionel Castle from there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jumza

Actually Elric's tutorial: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8229.0 How to make a Story Mod (under 'How to Edit Worldmap Flow') has all the info you'll probably need to do basic things with the worldmap flow editor (spreadsheet). For more instructions (since this tutorial is missing a few), check out this link http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/World_Map_Instructions.

If you need more specific help, I've used the worldmap flow editor spreadsheet quite a bit, feel free to ask!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Genghis Hank

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Sorry for not being more clear, I've tried the spreadsheet already but what I'm having trouble with is applying what I change on the spreadsheet to the ISO.

Elric's tutorial is really good, it's actually how I learned to create events.

Jumza

Quote from: Genghis Hank on September 16, 2015, 05:53:56 pm
Sorry for not being more clear, I've tried the spreadsheet already but what I'm having trouble with is applying what I change on the spreadsheet to the ISO.

Alright, so you've made the changes and are just having some trouble applying them?

So if you're working from the game progression workbook in Raven's Spreadsheets, there will be a page that looks like this

Take the area that I've highlighted above (which updates automatically as you make changes, just be sure to patch it every time you do) and put it into an XML file in the same folder as your FFTOrgASM program (which you should have if you've been making a story mod). This will give you a new ASM hack to apply in the program which will save your world map flow changes to the ISO.

EDIT: You will want to apply WORLD MAP Edits, not Attack.Out Battle Event Conditionals Edits (unless you also make changes there!)
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Genghis Hank

Thanks very much!

Took a few tries but got it working.

3lric

Post some of your events for us to see please :o