• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:10:10 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Selecting guests for random battles

Started by reyhan37, August 03, 2015, 04:29:25 pm

reyhan37

I adjusted all enemies in the event battles to scale with the player's party level. Then I realized a player who grinds could end up with some really wimpy guest characters.

Is there a way to select your guests during random battles? I would have liked to use Delita more during Chapter 1 so he can hold his own at Fort Zeakden.

Nyzer

There is. Jot5 does it, with some ASM hacking. (Meaning that if you want this for the PSP, you're out of luck.)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Aiolon

i remember there was another way that didnt require ASM but im not sure how to do it. it sets guests to appear in battle instead of having them join you temporary meaning you could set them as party level in ENTD and they will pop up in the main battles wearing the equipment , jobs and level you gave them.

sadly i dont know how to do it i think it had something to do with the save/load formation flags  :?
  • Modding version: PSX
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

Jumza

I don't think that that's actually a good idea. Random battles from all 4 chapter will always appear once they are unlocked through story progression, so if you set Delita to appear in the mandalia plains random battles for chapter 1, the game will try to load his information even in chapters 2/3/4. The game creates a really glitchy unit in battles where you have a 'load formation' flag checked with a unit ID that does not exist.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Xifanie

Whelp, I forgot I never released the hack. So I spent a few hours to improve it, and the spreadsheet as well.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=953.msg208303#msg208303
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful