• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Now Playing

Started by Cheetah, April 03, 2008, 09:31:33 am

Cheetah

It have been trying to decide whether it would be worth it to convince my wife to play Eternal Sonata. Any thoughts GGX?
Current Projects:

Eternal

Having played it myself, I say go for it but only if she's played other RPGs before.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

ShinHadokenman

July 05, 2011, 06:06:31 pm #962 Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 06:09:51 pm by ggx2rking
Overall you should have her try playing Eternal Sonata the story isn't for me but I can at least admit its a good game.
It's also a pretty easy game I think.
  • Modding version: PSX

Fenrir90

The battle system of Eternal Sonata kick ass, even if the story is meh. it's still a good game. The PS3 version is harder than the xbox version, go for that one.

Cheetah

Ack I forgot an important clarification. We would be playing it multiplayer together.
Current Projects:

ShinHadokenman

July 06, 2011, 09:13:13 am #965 Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:23:57 am by ggx2rking
I don't know how mutilplayer works but if its what I think then you should convince her to play the game with you It should end up being pretty fun
Edit: I know its co-op maybe like Tales of co-op?

Zozma

July 07, 2011, 01:50:22 pm #966 Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:53:02 pm by Zozma
ahh you're playing saga frontier? great game, its my favorite of the series (saga frontier 1 for psx)

I made a hack for it so that once mystics obtain their 3rd mystic gear they unlock a sword skill on each sword.
for example, if Zozma has the Silvermoon sword he could use "Moonlight Cut", If he had the normal Knife then something more simple like "Smash" or "Thrust"
=====

As for me, im soooo about to be playing the remake of Tactics Ogre! Since I heard you can get Ozma in the Lawful route Im going strait for her first, she looks badass in this version lol.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

ShinHadokenman

July 07, 2011, 03:51:03 pm #967 Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 03:52:32 pm by ggx2rking
You made a hack for the Saga frontier?! You know the only story I can't beat no matter how hard I try is Riki's. You think I could have that hack seems interesting.
How is Tactics Ogre? I would like another good game to play.

Zozma

July 08, 2011, 03:22:48 pm #968 Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 03:56:01 pm by Zozma
well for it right now and unfortunately I had made a few other changes that i really didnt end up liking. so id have to fix that or something
also in that hack, Zozma actually has all of the "Evil" magic + the star for its mastery, Mei Ling has the life magic gift (goes well since she has 10 LP)

you can't beat Riki's quest? its not that bad, the hardest part is having to get a level5 combo when fighting virgil... thats a pain in the ass...

------
Tactics Ogre for psp is great! I just got it yesterday and Im alerady in chapter 2 of the Law route!
I took the law route so i could get Ozma, but coincidentally that route gets you the new character Ravness too! so i got 2 for one on the same route :D the game is reaaally challenging too. they had a really clever way of making enemies scale and actually match you

It's funny tho, i could've sworn someone told me you have to take the Chaos route to get Ravness tho. that was so false

GeneralStrife

Seeing zozma happy raises the communities morale and hp

Zozma

July 08, 2011, 07:56:39 pm #970 Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 08:03:20 pm by Zozma
yeah! lol check out the before and after

So i am halfway through chapter 2 and on level 10, is that bad? lol

Cheetah

That is so awesome. I have been dying to play this game. Must finish Kingdom Hearts first though!
Current Projects:

ShinHadokenman

Thanks for the input on Tactics Ogre I've been wondering about that game now I have a reason to buy it thanks.

Zozma

July 09, 2011, 04:36:27 pm #973 Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 06:24:50 pm by Zozma
The way characters level up is interesting. Individually you don't level up, if your character is a "knight"
for example, As long as he is that job, you gain experience in that job if use it frequently in battle, that will level up the job (for everyone). characters individually are shaped more by the skills they buy with skill points.

Interesting note, Ravness can change jobs to a White Knight (which like all jobs have been much improved) like guildus and mildain. and any special human character can change jobs to any of the generic jobs.

Cheetah, if you are gonna play this i strongly recommend taking the Law route first. the two coolest characters are available there u have to wait till chaper 3 and 4 but well worth it. the 4 sisters will have to wait till next time.... lol (poor Selye)

Cheetah

Okay I finished off Terra's story on Critical difficulty in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. I'm just going to watch youtube vids for Ven's story and the secret ending. I don't want to spend 10 hours going through the game again when I really want to just start Tactics Ogre.
Current Projects:

Zozma

July 09, 2011, 08:17:32 pm #975 Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:31:15 pm by Zozma
hehehe, i just got to the point where i solidifed the fact that i'm on the Law route. come to me Ravness!

edit: man they went to town with rebalancing. im very impressed when i compare it to the original. and the individual jobs are
more unique now too. ninjas have specific jutsu instead of just being able to equip low level magic and swordmasters have their
own techniques now as well.

GeneralStrife

It's sad we never see you in the spriting section anymore zoz

Kagebunji

Quote from: GeneralStrife on July 11, 2011, 04:44:47 pm
It's sad we never see you in the spriting section anymore zoz

I must agree. But enough with offtop. Zozma, I advise getting Lord job for Denam first, Catiua can come later in my opinion.

Zozma

July 11, 2011, 09:13:47 pm #978 Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 12:27:08 pm by Zozma
Yeah, i just havent the time anymore unfortunately. plus so many more skilled spriters have come along. I may have had creative ideas but my skills are rusty.

I agree with you Kage about getting Denim's lord class first, although Kachua is one of my favorite TO characters, my first playthrough was mainly to get to Ozma, Ravness and Vyce. I don't particularly go for the law route otherwise because I like having the 4 sisters together as well. besides, I read that the princess class can no longer equip All spells, thats kinda lame, but I do not know what she actually CAN equip this time. It also appears that I missed my chance to get the pirate guy with the gun? I unlocked a map for the port but then fought a story battle and when i finished, the port wasnt red anymore... At any rate after this volcano battle thing, i saw a scene where Volac and Ozma were talking about Haborym so i think ive done what i need to to ensure that i can get her later.

And whoever told me that her special finishing blow "Demon Rose" looks like she is summoning an octopus was right! lmao

Hey, does anyone have this game and have CW cheat? lol I noticed that they made the "commoner" npcs have full sprites when I fought an optional battle at a place called "Vasque" and theres a cool looking young woman, kinda gothic ish looking like a generic version of dark priest cachua. lol I want one of my generics to look like that.

Smitson

Quote from: Cheetah on July 09, 2011, 07:21:07 pm
Okay I finished off Terra's story on Critical difficulty in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. I'm just going to watch youtube vids for Ven's story and the secret ending. I don't want to spend 10 hours going through the game again when I really want to just start Tactics Ogre.

Yes I love Tactics Ogre. Once I finish off The After years and Valkyria 2 thats what i'll be playing.