• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

The Damned

Wow, that arguably went worse than the other match. I just remembered shouldn't have picked Nameless Song if I wanted to test Last Song since without Random, the computer thinks it has a chance to Haste everyone. Damn AI.

(Please get rid of Nameless Song on Angel next time my team gets its ass beaten.)

Still no Cover Fire even when people are right next to each other. Why the hell?
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

FFMaster

I don't really get why they don't use Cover Fire either. All the AI Flags are fine.

Setting up CT5Holy vs. logus now.

EDIT: You can request battles against certain people if you wish.

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

FFMaster

Pride

Okay, I will state the obvious. Gastrafitis needs to be nerfed. That was just sick.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

FFMaster

Skip Sandwich

August 07, 2010, 03:23:42 am #45 Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 04:31:57 am by Skip Sandwich
@Pride
Ah, the midcharge Best Compat Element-Boosted Attack UP hit for over 600, yeah, that did a crap ton of damage, but then, with all those modifiers behind it, it should. Gastrifitus is still an earth element weapon, so float, feather boots, earth clothes, and the gold shield can all stop it easily. keep in mind too that I had good to best compat with logus's ENTIRE team.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

FFMaster

And what about the crazy amount of healing on your side of the team? 300+ healing at neutral compat instantly is a bit much... I think it deserves a bit of a nerf.

Skip Sandwich

August 07, 2010, 03:40:32 am #47 Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 05:34:03 pm by Skip Sandwich
My Gastrifitus archers also had max PA gear, this coupled with element boosting and Attack UP gave them a base PA of 26 before compat was factored in, taking out the elemental aspect of Gastrifitus would both remove elemental healing from it, and drop the max effective base PA down to 21
:EDIT: and if that's not quite enough of a nerf, then dropping the WP down from 14 to 12 should suffice
:EDIT2: realized my math was off, with Twist Headband, Earth Clothes and Bracer, my archers had 14 base PA, which was element boosted to 17 before being Attack UP'ed to 22
Dropping element boosting would reduce the max base power of G to 18 *14 or 252 damage, further reducing WP to 12 would result in max base power of 18 * 12 or 216 damage
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."

The Damned

Longbows are still looking rather pathetic, really.

Quote from: "Skip Sandwich"@Pride
Ah, the midcharge Best Compat Element-Boosted Attack UP hit for over 600, yeah, that did a crap ton of damage, but then, with all those modifiers behind it, it should. Gastrifitus is still an earth element weapon, so float, feather boots, earth clothes, and the gold shield can all stop it easily. keep in mind too that I had good to best compat with your ENTIRE team.

Um, it's been three months since I've even touched FFT, much less tested anything, but I'm pretty sure that Earth-element weapons don't ignore Float, so Float status won't do anything.

Also, I'm guessing you mean Mythril Shield since Gold Shield makes you weak to Earth.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Skip Sandwich

Float stops earth element, it doesn't matter what the source of that earth element is, if you're floating, you avoid it (I don't know if any non-damaging formulas accept elemental flags, but if any do, then float SHOULD block those as well if they were flagged as earth element). And yes, I meant Mythril Shield
"Dave?  Are you there?"

The Damned

I'm pretty sure that Earth-elemental weapons hit my people when I was testing because I remember that being surprising (which is why I [think I] remember it now). I'm almost certain that my Octagon Rod (which uses all elements) hit someone who was Floating for normal damage.

Of course, we can test this by having my team fight your team and just hope that one of your Crossbow archers murders Warren's worthless ass, especially since he likes to charge forward while Performing.

(But seriously get rid of Nameless Song on Warren if you have us fight, FFMaster. Kthx.)

logus

After saying it should be nerfed in irc, I pondered a bit, and found no real argument to support nerfing gastrafitis. When compared to Kain, the neutral lancer, the archers were dealing similar damage to the lancer Kain(sagittarius as well) as he was dealing damage to them (archers hit him for 241-271 iirc, while he jumped for 261). It seemed fair, given that they had Atk UP, Kain had Def UP and they didn't hit him always, while jump always hit, but had a charge time, thus kain was not always able to use it. As I'm a lover of offensive setups, I kinda enjoyed this "fairness".

Then I thought of casters. And how every single unit needs Def UP and at least 280~ish hp to avoid being 1-shotted in a regular situation.  You say it can be "easily" countered, but if you look close enough, the methods you provided are very specific to countering only the earth element.

In gastrafitis case, you are pretty much forced to counter earth/arrow guard (and have a bit of luck) , or lose. And if every team needs to counter a specific element/unit/combo, then such thing is certainly not balanced with the rest of the game.

With gastrafitis around like this, there is no point in trying to make any caster whatsoever without a counter to earth/arrow guard, and that is a bit too restrictive when brewing teams, imo.

edit: forgot to mention that 12 WP seems more reasonable. Let's try that.
S3 Official Refresh Spammer

Melancthon

If you're still taking requests, I'll take on Skip Sandwich.
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

Skip Sandwich

August 07, 2010, 05:35:08 pm #53 Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 05:39:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
edited my earlier post due to bad math on my part, I now recomend both dropping the earth element and reducing Gastrifituss WP down to 12.
:EDIT: just realized that dropping the WP of gastrifitus down to 12 would reduce the gap in power between it and the crossbow to 16 points of damage (assuming max PA set up), so just drop the earth element from Gastrifitus for now.
"Dave?  Are you there?"

FFMaster

The Damned vs FFMaster

EDIT
Melancthon vs Skip Sandwich

The Damned

Thanks for doing these, FFMaster.

I just realized that asking to fight Skip Sandwich to show that Gastrifitis can hit people with Float is slightly pointless since Warren has Arrow Guard. Maybe you should switch out Arrow Guard for PA Save if you have me fight him (just for that match though, since I don't think anyone else has Float).

Oh. Also, do you might posting what the AI Flags for Cover Fire are? I'm curious now that it's actually gone off (assuming you didn't change anything).

FFMaster

Skip Sandwich

@The Damned
well, if float blocks earth weapons, the chance to hit should be 0% if its anything other then that, then float has no effect on earth element weapons
"Dave?  Are you there?"

FFMaster

Float doesn't stop earth element weapons. Just checked.