• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:28:26 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

New Here Quick Question

Started by moose, April 19, 2008, 08:41:36 pm

moose

April 19, 2008, 08:41:36 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by moose
im playing off an .img file through an emulator. is it possible to hack it and if so how to i get into the .img file?

thanks for help

Lydyn

April 19, 2008, 08:48:37 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Well, if you look around some ... you'll notice that you can download the FFT patcher and such from the main webpage *click on the Final Fantasy Hacktics logo* ...

Here's a quote just for you too;

Quote from: "Austin"Applying a patch-
First get cd mage beta-  http://ftp.uevora.pt/pub/Mirrors/CDmage ... 02-1B5.rar

Use it to open your image file and extract the slus and battle.bin files(i forget what, but depending on what you edited you might not need to patch battle.bin but it won't hurt anything if you do) then open up the fft patcher and go up top and find the patch slus and patch battle options. Patch the appropiate files.

Before continuing I strongly suggest making a copy of your original image file just in case something gets messed up. Anyways open cd mage again, open the image file go to the slus file, right click and select import and find the file you patched then select it, do the same for the battle.bin if you need to. And voila it should be done.

Also if you messed with the entd part of the patcher go into it and find the generate entd files option up top. Select it and you should have 4 files pop up, go into cdmage and import the files onto the files of the same name (in the battle folder I think). And if you only edit the story battles you only have to import the 4th entd file. I think that covers it...

BTW to Zodiac, should we make some kind of tutorial somewhere on the forum so new people will have an easier time with this?

moose

April 19, 2008, 08:57:14 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by moose
thanks. i was too lazy to look around cd mage looks like itll work