• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:57:15 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT 1.3 AI Tournament Season 5 ☢ ☢ ☢ [FINISHED] Post-Discussion

Started by Wiz, May 27, 2011, 12:04:42 am

st4rw4k3r

Ha great battle! My favorite fight so far. Gaignun sitting there talking until 4:33, then watching FDC smash 3rOracale in 4 minutes.

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

krilz

Wow! I was rooting for Gaignun but did not expect him to win after the slaughter in the first round. Amazing game, well done.

skiploom188

To the winner's bracket champion:

-It's not over yet, you're still gonna have to fight someone from the bowels of the underworld...
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Aquilae

GG Gaignun, hopefully we get to meet again in the final final match =3
:gay:

Piercewise

June 18, 2011, 10:41:35 pm #285 Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 10:44:28 pm by Piercewise
Rest of my round two matches!

Match 28 LOSER'S BRACKET

Match 27 LOSER'S BRACKET

Done for the night, but tomorrow I'm knocking out the entirety of my round three and four matches so we won't have any more delays from me  :oops:
Seto: "Are you trying to tell me that Yugi and I are destined to play card games for eternity?"
Ishizu: "Yes."
Seto: "Best. Destiny. Ever."

Mando

To catch up perhaps you guys should just do a mass-upload once you record those matches pierce.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Piercewise

As soon as fdc posts his round two stuff my round three matches are going up, &etc.
Seto: "Are you trying to tell me that Yugi and I are destined to play card games for eternity?"

formerdeathcorps

June 20, 2011, 05:17:56 am #288 Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 08:40:27 am by formerdeathcorps
Quote from: Piercewise on June 19, 2011, 09:45:24 pm
As soon as fdc posts his round two stuff my round three matches are going up, &etc.

I've been a bit slower than I had liked, mostly because I noticed a really bad desync glitch (literally my words were getting cut in half every six seconds) on a few of my prepared matches so I had to redo a few of the commentaries.

Loser's Bracket #17
Loser's Bracket #18
Loser's Bracket #19
Loser's Bracket #20
Loser's Bracket #21
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Piercewise

Squidgy

Those Frogs just... devastating. Poor priest didn't get a turn round 3.

Zombie thankfully didn't backfire, except a bit with Death Sentence... I'm quite sympathetic to Zombie teams.

Go monsters! Loved the shared misses of round 2... and love that piggy.

skiploom188

Well, guess that's the end of me (literally) and my team. That's what I get for not testing my team. At least I got this far. Congrats on your win Dol. I thought I was the one who was gonna face Gaignun. (yeah right) 
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

The Damned

(Ugh. I can't remember the videos I was going to cite as an example of something. I guess I'll try to look for it after Friday.)

Thanks again to everyone who is commentating, especially given how quickly this is moving. It's nice to see that Loser's Bracket is moving along smoothly enough. I think I've enjoyed more of the matches there so far than in Winner's Bracket, if only because Winner's Bracket is going exactly how I thought it would. We'll see who wins the Loser's Finals ends, though.

Before I forget again, I have to ask: Am I the only noticing that quite a few times some units (for some reason, it seems to be Lancers more often than not) are just not acting even when they're in range to do (effective) things? I had a couple of videos to cite, but I of course forgot because I put it off for a couple of reasons. Initially, I thought it was the maps, the unused maps, because honestly I still think some of them need to just die or not be used--I'll talk more about that after the tournament, though, since there will still be plenty of time for kvetching when Season 5 is done.

However, that doesn't seem to be the case and it's weirding me out since I thought that, little nuances aside, I was pretty decent at predicting the AI. I don't think there's anything that can be done to change it, but I'm wondering if anyone else has even noticed it in the first place.

If not, then feel free to ignore me (as per usual). IGNORE ME!
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: The Damned on June 21, 2011, 10:32:19 pm
I think I've enjoyed more of the matches there so far than in Winner's Bracket, if only because Winner's Bracket is going exactly how I thought it would. We'll see who wins the Loser's Finals ends, though.

Same here, though I can't pretend being able to commentate on battles isn't a bonus.

Before I forget again, I have to ask: Am I the only noticing that quite a few times some units (for some reason, it seems to be Lancers more often than not) are just not acting even when they're in range to do (effective) things? I had a couple of videos to cite, but I of course forgot because I put it off for a couple of reasons. Initially, I thought it was the maps, the unused maps, because honestly I still think some of them need to just die or not be used--I'll talk more about that after the tournament, though, since there will still be plenty of time for kvetching when Season 5 is done.

However, that doesn't seem to be the case and it's weirding me out since I thought that, little nuances aside, I was pretty decent at predicting the AI. I don't think there's anything that can be done to change it, but I'm wondering if anyone else has even noticed it in the first place.

Not just you.  That's true on a good number of maps (unfinished or not), and is most prevalent on certain maps like St. Muround Temple (50), Underground Passage in Goland (38?) and others, where Team 1 or 2 will not properly haste squadmates or advance.  Another issue is that if the AI knows it will double turn if no actions/movements are taken and the target is due to be KO'd before his action, the AI will do nothing for one turn to attack on the second turn.

As for lancers, they will not jump if the target they want to jump on will move out of range, though they do not account for haste.  Remember that a 9 SPD lancer technically has a 6 CTR charge (same as flare without short charge) and a 10 SPD lancer has a 5 CTR charge.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

The Damned

(Thanks for the prompt respond.)

I don't really want to take up the thread with this since I'm sure there will be a post-S5 thread, but yeah, sort of what I was getting at.

I was aware of the Jump issue, which is another reason I loathe why Haste in its current form. I wasn't aware of the double turn thing, though. Perhaps that accounts for some of what I'm seeing. I'm pretty sure it doesn't account for all it, but I'll try to see how if I can find the videos I noticed it while keeping that in mind before next week (since I'm going to be busy for the next two days).
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Wiz

Just to let you all know, Piercewise recorded Loser's Match 48 using Match 41's maps, so I switched the two around to avoid repeats. Only reason why this occured was because the bracket itself was outdated at one point in time to the degree it became unclear who recorded what matches in Round 5 (fixed now <_<).

Anyways, looking forward to your vids Gaignun :)

Damn, BlameGod's Ninja nearly solo'ed the FFM's ENTIRE squad both rounds :shock:

Wow, LOTS of RNG Failure on OGB's team, even though he still prevailed =P
I Hope I fight BG simply because I'm scared of that DO Wizard and her good compat with my team.

Lol at the rxn's triggering at 10:56 bringing it to a Round 3 + those two 40% shots connecting is just too bad for Tonberry

Damn that Monk is strong and those Breaks made quite a difference in the long run <_<

Oh yeah, Koko lubed and stopped Veliuz's team with that Oil and Tentacles/Ivy of his >_>

Damn, GJ FDC :o

R1 Screwed CT5 w/ all the water, but even so, his earth absorption proved too much fo Smitson, GJ you two.

GRRRR8 Match! MOTHER FUCKING FRRRRRRROGS BABY =D

Ahh, LordBobBree's Luck ran out

Lots of back and forth action, GJ you two. That Triple KO by Angelus in Round 3 was sexy ^_^

Those Please Eats are deadly as hell :shock:

Lack of Haste on Shade's Team Clinched it for DomieV

Sage Skillset at work! GJ Dol ;)

Round 1 was funny to watch w/ that Lancer and Bard tanking at the end, and Round 2 was funny at the end w/ all the status rape lol

Hard as hell to keep track of who's who! A little bit of Charm + Status made it all the more interesting though, GG Seijin.

LOL, that distraction was useless in Zigolis + Lenalia Plateau w/ the triple panel Kiku and Frog 2 Proc

Those Frog 2's from ThrowAway are deadly as hell :o

Damn, Sleep 2 and Zombie 2 are just Killing the competition >_>

Heh, Berserk onto that Time Mage, haven't seen that in a while ^^

samuchan

Video Watch Order?

Round 1
Winners    01-32

Losers       01-16

Round 2
Winners   32-48

Losers      17-32

Round 3
Winners   49-56

Losers      33-52

Round 4
Winners   57-60

Losers      53-58

Round 6 (Quarter Finals)
Winners   61-62

Losers      59-60

Round 7 (Semi Finals)
Winners   63

Losers      61-62

Finals
Winners Bracket Champion vs Losers Bracket Champion

CT5Holy

Too much status! My Knight had a shot round 1 - he picked up ~6 or so Speed points, but then Frog hit. And then my Monk went for an Earth Slash (which missed) instead of Repeating Fist to kill your Geomancer. My guess would be to heal the Sacred, but Death Sentence was going to kill the Sacred next turn... /sigh
Your faster team + Haste made things really bad for me, too - it felt like my Knight was just standing still the whole time. Speedy Chemist made sure I did no real damage. And then Frog. :3
Good luck Mel!
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

krilz

Aww. A shame that neither CT5Holy and Kokojo made it since I really liked their ideas with elemental-themed teams.

Hilarious commentary with the all the cooking references. Did Gaignun just finish an "Iron Chef"-marathon or something? :)