• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:16:39 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 1 ☢ ☢ ☢ (FINISHED!)

Started by Gaignun, May 01, 2012, 03:48:46 am

Vigilanti

damn man, RNG just got the better of me today. these thieves were just too much! GG Avalanche

btw, you gotta live frisky dingo's team Wiz :P

Barren

Reks team looked good even in cookie cutter but hey it works. Keep up the good work.

Tanky Samurais, Tanky Lancers Tanky Palys, TANKY TANKY TANKY! But in all seriousness I was impressed that BQB actually won despite being in a disadvantage on both maps.

Just goes to show everyone that RNG can and will decide your fate anytime. Looks like we'll meet on battleground fellow host

LOLOLOLOLOL I laughed my ass off wiz when you read his team's name! "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SHIT!!!" That was classic man! But match itself, his damage output was very effective in many ways.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Dynablade

Like others have said, it wasn't stupid, but it was pretty random. Maybe if it was just the worm part it would have been a funny introduction, but it goes on for so long, thought I was being trolled..

When the only people who can revive die, you most times lose. Not much else to say other than that status effect Ninjutsu takes forever to finish.

Good damage on all of BQB's units, and plenty of HP with Transfuse and Nurse to keep the party flowing. The archer for Haver did his job, but everyone else couldn't stand up to that damage, 500HP double team jump? Kay. Haste would have been really good for Haver, since his team was mostly physical.

Those thieves are cool, able to inflict status, sandbag, get a lot of speed and are innocent with cherche, so taking them down is difficult. Only reason it took so long was because of charm.

Wow, frisky's team has gotten a lot of bite since the beginning. Everyone in the party does great damage and are decently fast, thanks to Haste. But I don't know whether to say that frisky was beasting, or that Kagebunji had a weird team..

As always, good stuff.
So nervous, the match after next is mine. Celdia's ninjas are scary..

Gaignun

Leif1991

Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

Wiz

dacheat

Shouldn't there be some kind of rule against copying somebody else's team even if they're not using it in the tourney?

Wiz

Quote from: dacheat on May 09, 2012, 12:46:19 am
Shouldn't there be some kind of rule against copying somebody else's team even if they're not using it in the tourney?

I'd say no personally if only because you yourself are opening up that possibility. In regards to this instance, Reks gave Vireblaze his team, They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard.

CT5Holy

It's also happened before. (The3rdOracle and Akwikone) I don't think anyone minds.

Man, the mime use was very nice round 1. That was cool.

Wow, nice comeback from Celdia round 1! I thought she'd be stuck in resloop, but she broke out of it. Good damage from those ninjas.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

dacheat

Mmk. Just wondering.

Great comeback. Lots of awesome Mime shenanigans from Xeno, but they weren't enough in the end.

Xeno

Everyone is king, When there is no one left to pawn.(Vagrant Story=God Mode)

skiploom188

For the winner of Match 14 (Celdia vs Dynablade), I'm pretty sure that this thought crossed over that person's mind after looking at the winner's bracket...

======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Celdia

I wholly expected to be done after seeing the double-sleep proc at the start. Guess my change of a 2nd Priestess to that Chemist was a good move.

@skiploom: I look forward to our match. I know what my team's major weaknesses are and I'm not certain how they'll hold up against your crew. Either way, good luck You're next!. :D
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Ryason55

Well that happened. Doesn't help that Serge's Charm missed, like, all 3 times in round 3. As well as that one Sleep from Vernette. Clearly, the RNG has issues with me.

Oh well. At least I caused something interesting on the way down. :P

Good game, Xeno!

... And now off to contemplate Wiz and Fantactic's teams to see if there's still hope for me in the other bracket.

Eternal

I'm not sure if I should root for Celdia or Skiploom in their battle! ;_;
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

skiploom188

Quote from: Celdia on May 09, 2012, 02:37:30 am

I wholly expected to be done after seeing the double-sleep proc at the start. Guess my change of a 2nd Priestess to that Chemist was a good move.@skiploom: I look forward to our match. I know what my team's major weaknesses are and I'm not certain how they'll hold up against your crew. Either way, good luck  You're next!. :D

Here's a little trivia... I did not test my team. So you may have a good chance of sending me to hell.

Guess I'll wait for match 30 then, see you there :mrgreen:

I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Barren

I guess Lord of the Rings does indeed reign supreme here! Bob Bree just couldn't stand waiting 3 hours for the movie to end so he asked for a quick exit from the movie theaters!! But in all seriousness the low HP on Bob Bree's team cost him the match defintely. That Ninja was impressive though, ninja edge with platina dagger climhazzrd proc guarantees a OHKO

Interesting the way this match went. I'm glad you tweaked your thief Xeno when your thief started to use greased bolt with his blaze gun doing the extra damage. Charm could have finished you off but I guess the Monk got unlucky (I hope that doesn't happen to me). But all that matters is the battle is won and there's plenty more to go

Wow those ninjas hurt! and the chemist was indeed effective in Round 1. Time mage with best compat raise 2's certainly prevented you from getting screwed by the ever fickle RNG! Good job Celdia I hope you do well in this tourney! and Dynablade, let's see how well you do in hell :D
You dare cross blades with me?

Dynablade

HP, damn. Did anyone on that squad have more than 350? Couple that with units that couldn't do a ton of damage (save the ninja who only did so thanks to Climhazzard) and..

Mimes are cool. Coupled with moves that buff in Quickening and Masa/Mura gives the Mime a ton of survival. Second map, Bad Luck turned good, and two clutch charms sealed it. Nameless Dance turned out to be clutch on the third map, slowing down the Samurai and Mime so that the priest could put them down with Holy.

Damn that was free. Even with the two Sleeps the team neither has AOE or big big damage. Most of it is guaranteed, but I got unlucky certainly in the first round with a 88% hit missing a critical ninja.. Those ninjas are so goddamn scary. Once they go down it can be cake, but it's like trying to eat through glass to get to said cake..

formerdeathcorps

Ryason55 had the better team, I think.  He just failed in the execution against Xeno due to some lucky procs (and repeated failure to land 55% charms in Round 3 while his opponent's negative status effects all connected).
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.