• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Sprite] Rakunar "Kraken", The Pugilist

Started by R999, June 26, 2010, 12:42:21 am

R999

A Mysterious man capable of destroying opponents with fists as swift as water. His attacks are so fast, some even say it's as if he's attacking with 8 fists at once.

Rakunar aka Ragnarok.

Rakunar "Kraken" Proto R6

Ragnarok + Kraken + Famfrit + 0.25*Chaos = Rakunar.

^ Update: I was like, what the hell does he need a mask for with that kind of hair?? There's absolutely no need for him to conceal his identity. And since I have an extra color slot to use, I gave him a Buddha Symbol on his forehead to give him that much more character. I am Really liking his design now. I am pretty sure this is our Famfrit host right here. If we are going to go with this approach, Kraken should be even stronger than Tiamat (assuming he has the Aquarius Auracite).

Rakunar "Kraken" Proto R4

I can't help but feel that I am not doing Kraken justice. So I went ahead and did two things: Spice up his character by giving him a truly remarkable and a FF7 Cloud-esque hair style AND -- making sure that he Does -- at least his hair -- has that magical watery feel to it. He very well could be the host for Famfrit in addition to being 1/4 of Chaos.

Rakunar "Kraken" Proto R1

Kagebunji

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zozma

Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

R999

BlackMage_M is one nasty sprite to use a s base. It's probably why it's never (maybe Elidibus human?) been used before. Each of the arms need to be realigned for a sprite like this.

Zozma

Quote from: "R999"BlackMage_M is one nasty sprite to use a s base. It's probably why it's never (maybe Elidibus human?) been used before. Each of the arms need to be realigned for a sprite like this.

yes the elidibs human sprite was using it as a base, however it probably has a few flaws
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

R999

After some clean up,

Alignment Help

Here's something I might need help with,

I am trying to get the alignment right for the back view, do you think the arm and or cloak needs to be moved up? if so, by how much? In exact pixel metric if possible. Please ignore the top part of the bloak, it's empty like that because normally it would have been covered by the BlackMage_M's hat. And yes that's a VERY rough draft of his hair in the back.

Lijj

Maybe the head must come down 1 px that or the body and arms need to. This assumption is only based on this image though
  • Modding version: PSX

R999

[s:2bdcpssj]Before[/s:2bdcpssj] After Awakening Concept?

This is so easy to do. Only takes 10 minutes to recolor their faces (for all frames).

Kagebunji

In the forward walking arm appears for a second, try to fix it, cause it looks strange. Hmm, that before awakening concept is strange, before what awakening he would turn into this? Before transforming into Famfrit, or Chaos?

LastingDawn

Quote from: "R999"Before Awakening Concept?

This is so easy to do. Only takes 10 minutes to recolor their faces (for all frames).

Ah, did you mean After Awakening Concept? I really like this sprite . I love the R6 prototype. It's not impossible that a Fiend might also be a Lucavi Host just a double dose of bad luck from the Goddess of Luck, heh.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Eternal

I think a purple cape on him could be cool, referencing Kraken's design in FF1.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Smash

Some personality info and face mood of this char would be nice before starting the port.

Same for Anastasia, Lich, Marilith, and any other char that needs a port. Better yet with a ref if ye want a good match.

Im practicing pixeling speed at once, and that means productivity.  :)

R999

From what I can gather, this guy's friendly, survivor of Khamja (Malak's clan), protected by the Aquarius Stone when village was destroyed... he's very strong as he is also the host of Famfrit. The strongest of the 4 fiends.  

In the game, Rakunar is a Monk Hero type, wielding dual fists but his power depends on water magic (which he could combine with his fists).  

I am not sure what would be his ideal expression...

I would imagine him with these eyes.

winshmo2

July 07, 2010, 12:40:41 pm #14 Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 03:42:46 pm by winshmo2
Kraken prototype.. Tell me if you want anything changed.

EDIT: Hair changed, gave him an Ashley Riot shirt(since hes from where Malak and Rafa are a judo uniform doesnt seem fitting) and some gloves. Cloak not yet added.
[attachment=0:1xj2fxyu]rakunar_proto.jpg[/attachment:1xj2fxyu]

R999

This looks great Winshmo!  But is he wearing a shirt? (he should be).  He's suppose to be dressed like a martial artist (think Street Fighter Ryu, Ken) underneath that cloak. And he's wearing gloves as well. His hair is too natural at the moment, Kraken's hair has that "watery" octopus feel to it -- but don't go overboard with that, just small tweaks (see sprite for reference).

If you don't want to add gloves, that is fine as well. That's because I would edit his arms by one by manually to remove his gloves, but that might just be too time consuming for the moment.

winshmo2

EDIT: Final inks (for those who want to practice coloring)

[attachment=0:1q908ikr]rakunar_proto.jpg[/attachment:1q908ikr]