• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:30:10 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 1 ☢ ☢ ☢ (FINISHED!)

Started by Gaignun, May 01, 2012, 03:48:46 am

skiploom188

Okay Angelus! Your wait is over!

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS!

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Taichii

dat caterpie cant win agaisnt 4 baby ultros..
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Celdia

Quote from: skiploom188 on May 19, 2012, 02:45:58 pm
Okay Angelus! Your wait is over!

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt2vh8c3m88&list

You know, I'm waiting for a major comeback battle just for skiploom's interpretation of it. XD
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

skiploom188

CT5Holy's match isn't here yet so,

A little interlude...
WARNING: IT'S ABOUT MATCH 1, WE ALL KNOW WHO WON RIGHT?

Requested by the losing player of this match.

I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Fanatic

Uploading more Netherworld Goodness. Might take a bit, especially the first two. Links will follow when they are uploaded. Had multiple issues, so if you see errors or have suggestions, by all means let me know ASAP.

Match 56: Skiploom188 vs Dinosaur
Match 57: Reks vs Taichi
Match 58: Dol vs St4rw4k3r
Final Fantasy Tactics Football Fracas [FFTFF] Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/57703092

Taichii

Quote from: skiploom188 on May 19, 2012, 11:10:53 pm
CT5Holy's match isn't here yet so,

A little interlude...
WARNING: IT'S ABOUT MATCH 1, WE ALL KNOW WHO WON RIGHT?

Requested by the losing player of this match.

HAHAHAHA i lol'd .. real hard XD
thanks alot skiploom XD and oh... my match is next.. cant wait for it later when i get home XD
lets eat lunch guys o/

"Desperation"

skiploom188

That's the end for team skiploom I guess...

Dynablade

Holy crap! Loved the choices in music, sounded perfect for all the heavenly spells that were going off. That first map was pretty nice for Dinosaur, considering they didn't have to move in order to rain down the light. Iron Boots are cool, and a little luck ensured the priests were in range to put people down with holy.

More Holy. Lots more Holy. Though I do like Life Drain for a decent anti-sandbag tool. Does around as much as a fairy, so, yeah. Wait, actual Tactics music in a tactics tournament? Inconceivable! Three Raise 2s missing did not help at all, damn that's some fickle RNG. A couple early KOs on the ninjas ended the final map pretty quickly. The AI kinda seems really smart when you give them stuff to reflect spells, but then they do dumb shit at other times, like casting Frog on a unit that was about to die anyway.

If that Lancer hadn't moved out of the way, think we would have had another WOMBO COMBO. But still, Dol had some happy feet going into that first map, Tornado and Quake are really crazy. A raise 2 missing at 88% didn't help at all on the second, ending it quickly.

Reks

Bard badly needs more of an MP pool. Still, GG Taichii!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Taichii

OMG.. i won? O____O
*jumps for joy* XD hahaha i thought that i wont stand a chance against you guys XD
well hopefully.. i think when the map is small i have an advantage..O_O
so next match XD i wouldnt look forward to winning agaisnt pride though as i have too many female units and he may steal their heart XD
but im still keeping my fingers crossed :D
GOODGAME REKS O/ :D

"Desperation"

Fanatic

Sorry, originally wanted to post two matches Saturday morning and two matches Sunday morning so that there was time in between for people to watch them, but things got screwed up. So, to compliment the late Saturday matches, here is one more: Match 59!

FFT Arena Netherworld Match 59: Barren vs Eternal248

Side note: As you watch the matches, please check to make sure there is nothing off about your team or the mechanics. I recorded some matches and then saw a Life Drain that was not only Darkness Elemental, but also did not restore the caster's HP (only damaged HP). Since a previous match clued me in that Life Drain was NOT supposed to be like that, I knew something was wrong. As far as I can tell, maybe I patched a 1.3  ISO? Either way, I had to redo everything (including a search to find a clean ISO). I believe all issues were fixed, but you know what they say: Mistakes are like DUIs and mice - For every one you catch, there are four you don't.
Final Fantasy Tactics Football Fracas [FFTFF] Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/57703092

Dynablade

MIMES! Makes shit crazy every time. But not crazy enough to get past 300 Sh Charged Quakes for a instant KO on either summoner and that archer who did like a 374 kage, what.

Eternal

Good match, Barren. Mime shenanigans are always fun to watch.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Taichii

wew that many damage in a short range battle O_O
barren is scary.. and also that guy who triple K.O.'ed wombo combo thingy... scary.. :cry:

"Desperation"

dacheat

Mime teams are awesome. If those Summoners were a little more durable Eternal would have had a much better chance.

Iron Boots Priests FTW.

Wow. Terrible luck in round 2 for Taichii. I'm glad that he ended up winning because that would have been a terrible way to lose.

Quad-Scholars. Epic.

Dynablade

May 20, 2012, 10:05:47 pm #237 Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:16:21 am by Dynablade
Those samurai do major damage, wow. It actually helped that the ninja went out way ahead, gave Aero's team an easy target, both to kill and to revive. ~300 pole pokes are serious. But a larger map is certainly in Aero's favor, with Kage and holy being the meat of his group. At least it was, until the priest got stopped then the chemist got put to sleep..

Like the combo of sleep on weapons and status, really focused towards making sure people are down without being dead. Counter Flood shows its power with those petrifies. and even without them there were plenty of sleep procs from those swords to pull through.

dacheat

Good match. At the beginning I thought that GP was gonna take the first round easily, but Fanatic's team came back with a timely silence proc and some time magic. I really like Fanatic's Samurais.

Barren

awesome sequence that happened in Round 1! GG Eternal, I enjoyed our bloodbath we had
You dare cross blades with me?