• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:46:59 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Using ARH... Why won't ED170 display

Started by gatebuster202, August 01, 2015, 10:14:08 pm

gatebuster202

Hi all, I'm using ARH 1.32, and I have all my abilities set. (Any of's only.) I've marked everything and have my macros and compatibility mode enabled. I'm on the most updated version of office, and have my toolkit extensions added.

When I go to copy everything into the ASM generator, I hit a wall. The Battle.Bin ED170 is displaying strings, not properly slotting in the numbers. Any help or a more detailed thread on using ARH (I've looked around.) would be great. I'll upload the workbook if the answer isn't so simple.
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

3lric

Whenever asking something like this, it's necessary to provide the sheet as well.

(What is ED170?)

gatebuster202

Here's the Workbook. I'll be on in the morning. I probably overlooked something simple.

Xifanie

There is no issue for me with that workbook. Which version of excel are you using? What do you mean by strings?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

gatebuster202

I'm stuck using office 365. I tried putting the sheet in comparability mode.

When I go to copy the .xml, the section that edits Battle.bin ED170, outputs as long sets of numbers in the GC column. (So, it starts at Cure 4 in that book.) The output that's wonky matchs with the first ability that has a new group of limitations. (The Mage gear, the ranged weapons, the shields, and the swords.)

I can load a screenshot after work. Good to know its a user error.

gatebuster202

So, here's the screen shot at the GC column.
The changed involved for quick reference (In this shot only), require Leg Aim, Arm Aim, and Seal Evil to need a ranged weapon. (Any of, Bow, Crossbow, Gun). All marked properly... (1's)

I have no idea if Office 365 is the issue or not because the sheet should have been converted. I'm not Excel savvy, to clarify. I have opened all my macro security exceptions.

Xifanie

So... where's the issue? This looks perfectly normal to me. Did you even try patching the xml before posting this topic?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

gatebuster202

August 04, 2015, 12:47:24 am #7 Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 01:12:26 am by gatebuster202
Yes, I put it in the OrgASM Generator, and it changed the XML, but then it started giving me an odd exception when loading OrgASM...
Then OrgASM would crash.

Edited for clarity

Edit: I'll try it again, using a new xml location for the Generator

So, I am, an idiot.

I copied the entire .xml portion incorrectly, four different times. The fifth time, (this last one) I apparently got it right.

Sorry, guys, I was thinking I had a problem, and I found it, when I'm an idiot, and need to just shut up. Sorry to waste your time. Thanks for the patience. I might write a tutorial for everyone on ARH, play around with it, so that this is easier to trouble shoot.

Xifanie

What exception?

What's your OrgASM version?

gatebuster202

I wrote in some edits, Xif, I'm sorry
I had a funky exception because I mis copied the .xml

Again sorry. I feel really dumb