• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:30:48 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSP (Current Version: 2.6)

Started by Eternal248, April 21, 2012, 08:53:46 pm

Eternal

Sorry, didn't even see your post! I'm aware of that bug but I'm not entirely sure how to fix it. I won't be adding special characters as inviteable in DD, for a few reasons, namely that it goes against the premise of the patch and some of them don't have proper formation sprites. As for the list of special battles, most of them are in the first post, but I'll see if I missed any.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Myrmidon

a minor issue, but an issue nonetheless, I think...

I made a Priest/Lancer a while back, and have been jumping...with underwhelming results.  the damage prediction says "126", but the actual damage when landing is 88.

did you change the formula for jumping to involve the RNG, or am I just not getting that 3/2 damage for jumping with a lance?

Eternal

Hmm, I didn't change anything about Lancers or Jump. Was the target Charging before the Jump landed?
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Myrmidon

nope - it's happened a couple times, but it's occurred on monsters and non-monsters alike.  most recent occurrence I remember was a bomb that had just taken its turn.

Eternal

Yeah, I changed absolutely nothing about Jump so I have no idea why it'd do that. =\

Myrmidon

aaand the very first time I actually use the Jump command, it's buggered.  go figure.

Eternal

You were Jumping with a Lance, right? Not a Flail or something silly like that, correct?

MJNess

Hey again. Is the poach list the same as in the psx version? I just got back in the game after a week and I just got Cid and tbh I got somewhat disappointed that he got nerfed but thats fine although I'm not sure Magicsap and duskblade go well with each other.

Eternal

Poaches have all been improved from their Vanilla versions. And it's funny that you mention Duskblade/Magicksap since I was thinking about that after I released the latest version. I'll probably change that in a future release.

Myrmidon

aye.  W.Mage w/Eq Lance and Jump.  I can get the other abilities too, if you need 'em, but I'm pretty sure they're incidental.

Eternal

Hmm, yeah, I don't know what would cause that then. Have you noticed any other bugs/balance issues?

Myrmidon

not yet, but I've been chipping at it - I suck at the game and, in over a few months, am just about to get Mustadio :P. the whole nomad thing doesn't help either. I'll keep you updated should I find something else, though.

MJNess

Sorry I think I was a bit unclear. I saw the changes in poach in psx version of ko so I was asking if that list is the same in psp ko? And yeah I think those skill are a bit redundant I think divine ruination/crush weapon would be more appropriate.

Also I'm at limberry and I just got to say very cheeky lol putting rare items to the assasins I'm dying/charmed/stopped left and right trying to steal and learning ultima which seems pretty strong around 400hp, well probably because we're all lv.99 (early grinding keeps backfiring at me lol) btw luso can't learn ultima anymore?

Eternal

I believe they're the same, if my poor memory is serving correctly. As for Luso, that's correct. He can no longer learn Ultima. His gimmick is Innate: Beastmaster/Beasttongue/Tame/Poach. In KO PSP Critical Mode, he is a Blue Mage, however.

MJNess

Apparently poaches aren't the same, some of them are though like the common poaches (I could be wrong, they're common so not noticeable) Dark behemoth drop mythril gun/BLASTER GUN which should be stone gun (as per psx ko list). I haven't checked other poaches yet (I'm completing my list) I'll try to see if there are other changes.

Eternal

Here's a Poach list. Hope it helps!

Chocobo: Hi-Potion/X-Potion
Black Chocobo: Ether/Hi-Ether
Red Chocobo: Barette/Elixir

Goblin: Jujitsu Gi/Power Garb
Black Goblin: Celebrant's Miter/Lambent Hat
Gobbledeguck: Gaia Gear/Ninja Gear

Bomb: Flameburst Bomb/Fuma Shuriken
Grenade: Flame Rod/Yagyu Darkrood
Exploder: Flame Shield/Cachusha

Red Panther: Battle Boots/Germinas Boots
Coeurl: Hermes Shoes/Croakadile Bag
Vampire Cat: Holy Water/Pantherskin Bag

Piscodaemon: Celebrant's Miter/Gold Hairpin
Squidraken: White Robe/Black Robe
Mindflayer: Wizard's Rod/Luminous Robe

Skeleton: Jade Armlet/Orichalcum Dirk
Bonesnatch: Assassin's Dagger/Spellbinder
Skeletal Fiend: Air Knife/Zwill Straightblade

Ghoul: Phoenix Down/Vampire Cape
Ghast: Holy Water/Featherweave Cape
Revenant: Remedy/Invisibility Cloak

Floating Eye: X-Potion/Diamond Armlet
Ahriman: Magick Ring/Magepower Glove
Plague Horror: Rubber Shoes/Septieme

Jura Aevis: Hunting Bow/Gastrophetes
Steelhawk: Windslash Bow/Artemis Bow
Cockatrice: Gold Needle/Yoichi Bow

Pig: Cachusha/Elixir
Swine: Chantage/Nagnarok
Wild Boar: Fallingstar Bag/Ribbon

Dryad: Mage's Staff/Healing Staff
Treant: Bloodstring Harp/Faerie Harp
Elder Treant: Icebrand/Runeblade

Wisenkin: Giant's Axe/Phoenix Down
Minotaur: Power Gauntlet/Holy Lance
Sekhret:  Bracer/Sortilege

Malboro: Remedy/Elven Cloak
Ochu: Nu Khai Armband/Cherche
Greater Malboro: Elixir/Omnilex

Behemoth: Guardian Bracelet/Fallingstar Bag
Behemoth King: Eight-Fluted Pole/Whale Whisker
Dark Behemoth: Mythril Gun/Blaze Gun

Dragon: Angel Ring/Dragon Rod
Blue Dragon: Blood Sword/Wyrmweave Silk
Red Dragon: Obelisk/Dragon Whisker

Hydra: Hydrascale Bag/Scorpion Tail
Greater Hydra: Lambent Hat/Rubber Suit
Tiamat: Sasuke's Blade/Whale Whisker

MJNess

Hello again. Ok I'm at MD and I think one of the battles in the catacombs is missing I think its the ode to the deathbringers battle. If its the one with the chocobos, treants and priest/chemist then it's present however the reward isn't (Acacia hat). And the Zeus mace is still present in the hollow. Also just a quick question is the rare item you mentioned in the battle with algus in limberry still present? What is it? I missed that item so I'm just curious.

Eternal

Looking in the Patcher now, all four battles are there. You must just have really bad luck, since the Ode to the Deathbringers battle is intact. As for the Mace of Zeus error, that's been fixed! Thanks!

For the record, the four items you can Treasure Hunt in the Algus battle are an Elixir, a Defender, a Nagnarok, and a Ribbon. The four you can find during the Ovelia/Delita battle at Zeltennia are an Elixir, an Invisibility Cloak, a Cachusha, and a Barette.

MJNess

What are the enemies in the ode to the deathbringers battle?  I think I'm really unlucky that I haven't encountered them in a dozen or so tries. Here are the types of enemies I've encountered there: Malboros/squid, group of dancers/mime/summoner, treant/chemist/chocobos, and the four really overpowered fiends. And also is algus@limberry the only battle to get a defender other than ninja battles? That's the only item still missing in my inventory.

Eternal

Ode to the Deathbringers is the Mime/Summoner/Dancer/Bard squad. :)

And I was mistaken- the Defender is actually a totally different item, it's the Durandal sword. 25 WP.