• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:42:41 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Transforming Algus and disappearing Ramza

Started by justainm, August 09, 2018, 02:54:18 pm

justainm

Hi everyone, I've somehow transformed Algus into a goblin during the battle at sweegy woods (in the scene before, he appeared just fine).  After that battle is over, I get a "parting shot" message and Ramza leaves the squad.  The Algus issue, I assume is caused by my messing with ENTD and setting him to be a generic at whatever point he was recruited.  The Ramza issue, however, I have no clue why that is occurring.  Has anyone seen this occur before?

I've used a ton of asm hacks, including Rad 3.1 (partially why I changed Algus to a generic), sprite replacing, and a ton of patcher work.  Let me know if this isn't enough info.
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

It's probably not enough info, no.

For one, what exactly is the "parting shot" message?

Two, what ASMs?

Three, what patcher work did you change, specifically having to do with Ramza?

Also, try disabling sets of ASMs and seeing if the issue pops up again; that'll usually help narrow it down.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Parting shot is when the party member leaves due to too high faith or too low brave.

This is likely caused by RAD3 or derpy ENTD settings

justainm

August 10, 2018, 03:40:14 am #3 Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 11:53:49 am by justainm
I think you're right about the derpy ENTD.  I ran through the intro again and recruited Algus as a non-generic and it worked up to sweegy woods.  I have no idea why it caused Ramza to leave though.  None of my ASM hacks affected faith in any way.  Regardless, thank you.

Xifanie

I have encountered this bug like... 8-10 years ago, I unfortunately can't remember what causes it, but I think it has to do with Load/Save to Formation? IIRC it only happened after battles with guests. I don't know. >_<
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Glain

I believe this sort of thing can happen if a unit is supposed to appear as a Guest in a battle (e.g. Algus in Sweegy Woods) and uses the Load Formation flag, but isn't in your party as a guest.  The unit's data instead just gets a bunch of zeroes loaded into it.  That includes the unit's party index.  A party index of zero means your first unit... Ramza.  That makes the game think this unit's data should overwrite Ramza's data at the end of the battle.  And with zero brave, well...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown