• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

even more questions! status effect edition!

Started by Lockeadon, March 05, 2014, 09:25:40 pm

Lockeadon

so i know undead status reverses most healing abilities and drain attacks, but how does it interact with regen, poison, and so on? does poison restore hp and regen lower it, or do they work normally?

also how do i make vampires/blood suck people controllable and no longer have all characters vampired/blood suck as game over condition?

A Blood Red Fox

Well, I just tested turning some creatures undead then poisoning one and giving regen to the other. Undead doesn't seem to change the effects of them at all. Regen still healed the one, and poison still hurt the other.

As for the rest of your question... I can't really help with that.

Lockeadon

March 07, 2014, 08:44:32 am #3 Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 08:59:45 am by Lockeadon
well i figured out making them not flagged as game over was as easy as unflagging it in patcher. is there also an unmarked flag that makes them uncontrollable maybe? or is that part more complicated?

also, is permanent float on a job enough to allow them to stop over things like lava and such? i know float on equipment doesn't work but levitate does. so people can finally get that treasure that's been bugging people for years.

Xifanie

Sadly, it looks like it's not that simple for control over the unit with some statuses.

And yes, move on lava and float should allow you to move and stop on lava.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

formerdeathcorps

March 11, 2014, 12:04:04 am #5 Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 12:15:29 am by formerdeathcorps
The code that determines which statii trigger AI control was found a long time ago.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=5132.0
(Search for Invite on the first post.  Modifying that so blood suck is not included is a simple rearrangement involving nops.  If you need help, PM me.)
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.