• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:27:25 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Kurosabes

^TrueLight, that match is exactly what I was about to set up and and record haha.

TrueLight's Monk could have went for Repeating Fist on my Archer in the opening round but he decides to Grand Cross instead, despite the absorb. I think it just didn't do enough damage.

I could boost Kiku with Earth Clothes, but then my regular spells wouldn't do as much damage. Besides, she acts as mage bait, so I want to absorb nothing to attract spells on her. I could go for Prismatic Rod though.

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

dw6561

Forgot to reply to my match!

That was both funny and humiliating at the same time. If my priest hadn't been in the opposite side of the map as the mediator, he could have ressurected him in that first round. And that counter magic holy? Ouch. We had some major backfire with faith procs also. I swear that wizard was the death of me, with those flares and deaths laying waste to everything.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

silentkaster

October 08, 2015, 09:19:45 pm #4422 Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 09:31:01 pm by silentkaster
Yeaaaah I think this was a bad match up for Rouroni Elmdor. Was that four eight speed units? He makes teams that are usually able to intercept faster teams, and therefore, equalize the turn order and often come out on top. However, when my units are that much faster, especially after haste and slow, that just can't end well. He made a strong push in Round 2 with the status, but because he was unable to deliver the final blow on the item not, I was able to regain control. Also...I face palmed when the item not decided to try to be fancy and go on the roof to save his friend which resulted in a crystal...ugh. GG.

Thank you for the video Truelight
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Heroebal

A little late to debrief my match with Krypt...I had the thief @40 brave b/c his main attack was asura which isn't affected by brave. But, we didn't get to see it used here due to krypts team absorbing/being immune to fire. Basically I made him a tankier thief with a damage option not affected too much by being tanky. I like the double hand suggestion though on the thief if the spreadsheet is correct he should do ~200 damage and ~90 asuras. .

I think for the squire I might swap wizard outfit for wizard robe and shuffle some other things for her.

I think the chemist may end up getting talk skill as secondary I was trying to go for a something a little different with dance. I do wonder if a set up involving dance+ power/mind ruin would work pretty good

Krypt

Thanks for the match Barren. It's good to see my team in action. Lucky with that small map on R1. That charm.... really put me in trouble there. You did a great job Heroebal, GG.

From this i see that the paladin is the worst link there, he can't do much thing there. And that mime not really need that move MP probably. Gonna make a major change later.

Barren

I have time Monday to do matches. If there are any requests please as always PM me and I will be more than glad to do the match(es)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Andrew

October 11, 2015, 10:17:47 pm #4427 Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 12:44:01 am by Andrew
I appreciate you recording the match.  As always: thanks!  I chose Damage Split and Counter Flood for the extra damage.  I know it's silly, but I just like the idea of enemy units dying to reactions; of course, the healing/status procs can be useful, too.  I considered giving the scholars Absorb MP and the monks Speed Save (?), but I'm okay with how it is for now.  As for the C Bag: I was simply stacking MA for the scholars' non-Earth spells, and the bags deal very little damage if they decide to whack their allies.  EDIT: As for the ninja in round two... I wondered why he didn't attack, as well... maybe he realized that he couldn't one-shot the scholars, so he decided to wait in order to preserve CT?  If the AI considered weapon procs, then he may have attacked, I suppose.

Two Swords Mime Funsies certainly has an interesting theme!  I think I saw this team in action in one of your streams.  Your team is off the charts in terms of style and entertainment value, as some "two swords mine funsy" stuff certainly happens.  I think a better matchup would have been against Episode 1 or Episode 4, as they're built for the long game, giving your team many more opportunities for funsies, indeed.  GG!

Corosar

Quote from: Barren on October 11, 2015, 08:02:17 pm
Screw waiting til Monday here's matches now!

FFT Arena 1.39c - Andrew (Unlikely Pairings Episode 3) vs CT5Holy (Two Swords Mime Funsies)

FFT Arena 1.39c - Reks (Your Status is Served) vs Heroebal (Dancers from Hell)

FFT Arena 1.39c - Anima Zero (Midnight Platoon) vs Andante49 (MA Mime)

FFT Arena 1.39c - Corosar (Elemental Ravagers) vs Shintroy (Meta)

FFT Arena 1.39c - Epic (Unavoidable Skill) vs Rouroni Elmdor (Intergalatic Real Estate Agents)

FFT Arena 1.39c - Lakitu673 (The Turks) vs Mudvayne (We Love The Undead)

DWAGONS!~~

okay now that that is out of my system.. great ideas for updating my team... though i am kinda impressed with that paladin's cure 4 effects... kinda makes me wanna keep her as a healer... though i wanna try and boost PA a bit... will have to look into that... as for the summoner... definately gonna lower that fury... that is a detriment to the team as it brings in an unneeded weakness. I also feel that i am gonna keep meatbone slash on my lancer... i kinda like that reaction ability.. and its just not used enough in my opinion. good match shintroy kept me on edge for long... but this match helped show how well this team works if its a long run fight.
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Barren

Yea definitely lacking white magic cost me my matchup considering that I was in control for a good portion of the bout. But to Heroebal's credit, his undead knights were useful. My samurai certainly tried with balance but simply wasn't hitting. I updated it as soon as I saw the match. GG heroebal, you're team is pretty good
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

Quote from: Barren on October 11, 2015, 08:02:17 pm
Screw waiting til Monday here's matches now!

FFT Arena 1.39c - Andrew (Unlikely Pairings Episode 3) vs CT5Holy (Two Swords Mime Funsies)

FFT Arena 1.39c - Reks (Your Status is Served) vs Heroebal (Dancers from Hell)

FFT Arena 1.39c - Anima Zero (Midnight Platoon) vs Andante49 (MA Mime)

FFT Arena 1.39c - Corosar (Elemental Ravagers) vs Shintroy (Meta)

FFT Arena 1.39c - Epic (Unavoidable Skill) vs Rouroni Elmdor (Intergalatic Real Estate Agents)

FFT Arena 1.39c - Lakitu673 (The Turks) vs Mudvayne (We Love The Undead)

A lot of things were "What would happen if I put these together" and then some were just because I forgot.

Meant to give the Oracle a White Magic secondary for revival, but forgot. Fixed all of the units who needed it and I apologize for how long that second round drew on and on and on: those're never fun to watch or comment on

GG Heroebal. Those dancers hurt.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Heroebal

Yeah apologies for the 2nd map being that long. I think maybe I should make both dancers just two handed lionheart that way when they do connect with an attack it kills. I was curious how much dmg the design tool would show the dancers could do at 40 brave with berserked two swords/two hands. Mainly because it was difficult to get the right pa/hp pool for the dancers to survive at higher amounts of brave. 

Rek's status's could have easily doomed me though , chemist can't dodge/heal/revive if they're stopped/sleeping.. GG Reks

GG Barren. Yikes petrify almost did me in, I think I better at least make the samurai immune to it and other status's somehow, I still want undead immunity for him b/c of bio3+auto potion/item skillset. I'm thinking crystal armor+jade armor or gold armor + n-kai armlet either could work. He'll lose 1 ma but he's not really there for damage too much anyhow. I could make him female and good compat with the priest but I want to make her raise spells connect on him. 

Elmdork

Woooah I got a match! Thanks, barren! Been crazy all weekend and my sister just had a baby this morning, so I'll have to get around to everybody's matches, but I'll see em' soon enough.

I needed a good win, been on a bit of a losing streak lately, but they've been good games either way. Forgot to take don't move off the monk, I'll do that now, just lacks punch compared to slow 2.

GG, epic. Much like CT5Holy, I don't have an "A team" but I must admit intergalactic is probably my strongest team overall. When my thief hits 16 speed, he becomes very hard to counter, easily one of the deadliest unit compositions in my arsenal.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Shintroy

Balanced Team vs Multi Element team
Didn't test this team against a caster team, but I should do okay on smaller maps.

R1 - Meatbone slash return ace? RIP. Never seen southern cross get countered so badly. Didn't help that my units couldn't seperate or kill.

R2 - Great opener from me, but an even better comeback by Corosar. So many healing sources and clutch parries from the summoner.

GG. I overlooked giving the Time Mage comet. Team didn't perform as I wanted because of it. Definitely didn't expect one mistake to cause so much trouble.

Balanced caster team vs MA boosting mime team.
Going to have to bet against mime for the first time here. I don't think andante has the recovery, stopping power, or speed to compete with this team.

R1 - Scorpion Tail + Platina Dagger ninja borderline solod the team..
R2 - Destruction this round. Archer + Ninja combo could've solo'd the team here too.

Awful match up for an all around 8 speed team of casters. Andante didn't have anything to really make up for the low damage output. RIP

Thanks for the match Barren. GL with the new nephew uncle Rouroni.
Some day my people will be free.

Corosar

huh.. i just noticed that the meatbone slash i used should not have done 395 damage... that is his natural health pool... the only reason i can think of is that overwhelm buffed it against his target... i did the calculations.. meatbone slash should have done 316 based on the master guild discription... plus the fury if it applies to it... good to keep in mind for the future for me :3
Time for a new season!

Kurosabes

Whether FFM intended to change that or not I'm not sure, but Meatbone Slash still works like it does in vanilla (Damage = CasMaxHP).
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Corosar

Quote from: White Knight Wiegraf on October 12, 2015, 06:32:42 pm
Whether FFM intended to change that or not I'm not sure, but Meatbone Slash still works like it does in vanilla (Damage = CasMaxHP).

he may need to look into it then... a meatbone slash user with 500 hp could be trouble...
Time for a new season!

silentkaster

Quote from: Corosar on October 12, 2015, 06:55:52 pm
he may need to look into it then... a meatbone slash user with 500 hp could be trouble...

In order for Meatbone Slash to activate though, a lot of conditions must be met (no debilitating status, melee range, the chance of reaction triggering in the first place, going into critical and not dying), so this reaction, while it can be game changing when it does activate, activates fairly rarely (which is why all the recorders get so excited when it does activate.) It makes it pretty balanced even on the highest HP units (which, coincidentally, are more suited for defensive/damage mitigating reactions than Meatbone Slash, typically).
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Corosar

Quote from: silentkaster on October 12, 2015, 07:11:25 pm
In order for Meatbone Slash to activate though, a lot of conditions must be met (no debilitating status, melee range, the chance of reaction triggering in the first place, going into critical and not dying), so this reaction, while it can be game changing when it does activate, activates fairly rarely (which is why all the recorders get so excited when it does activate.) It makes it pretty balanced even on the highest HP units (which, coincidentally, are more suited for defensive/damage mitigating reactions than Meatbone Slash, typically).

hmmm part of me wonders now if i can make a team work around meatbone slashes requirements... this is kinda making me courious now...
Time for a new season!