• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:47:34 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Stabilize mechanic

Started by RamzaTengille, January 11, 2016, 04:03:23 pm

RamzaTengille

Hey all! I have a bit of a puzzler ~

I'd like to retain permanent death, and replace the Raise spell with a spell that stops or resets a unit's countdown towards rotting. I'm looking for ideas on how to implement this using the FFTPatcher, or hopefully, you know, someone who has already worked out a comparable system and is willing to share.

(I'm working on a mod to rebalance gameplay, mostly for my own amusement. If it turns out okay I'll share it when it's done. My main complaint with FFT is that the idea of magical resurrection being openly available undercuts pretty much the entire plot. You necessarily have gameplay divorced from story because the world doesn't really make sense when magical resurrection exists, especially at such a low training/mp/personal cost. I'm okay with seeing it from the zodiac stone, the more impossible resurrection is the more impressive they seem, making them more of a prize and less of a macguffin.)

Choto

unfortunately I think targeting dead things is pretty hardcoded to fail. You could try messing with the haste/slow/stop/dead status effect bytes. If you can make slow or stop able to be inflicted to dead things, that would slow or stop the rotting.

Raijinili

ASM hack it to make Raise kill them right after they revive. Just make Raise call some formula that is a guaranteed kill.

Too METAL for you?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown