• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

CoP progress Log.

Started by Kokojo, May 16, 2011, 08:41:47 pm

Vaan

Quote from: Elric on August 26, 2014, 01:06:40 pm

The problem was that the gravity had been somehow removed from Kokojo's household, everything was just flyin and floatin around
all over the damn place. Certainly makes it hard to concentrate on eventing. Glad you can stand on solid ground again Kokobird.

Quote from: skiploom188 on August 26, 2014, 12:22:54 pm
Probably a GIANT fly that buzzes like BZZZZZZZZ and too large for swatters.

I'd like to imagine that it was a swarm of flies in his house, which had a big fly king, while his house was flying away because he got inspirated by the movie Up and tied alot of balloons on his house, but he was outside, and there was no gravity inside his house because Diabolos.

PS: I dont think balloons on a zero gravity house make a good airship, at least compared to mine.
"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

Kokojo

It was, sadly, only some 1000+ flies over a week's duration, with no cause discovered still. (With over 500 on the first day... The fight was epic and I swung around my electric fly zapper so much I broke it via air resistance. Also, a full can of RAID)

I want to unleash chapter 3, but that battle rebalance won't be done for quite some time, probably until I finish chapter 4. So even If I want and if chapter 3 is 90% complete, I will have to wait for it to be completed.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Vaan

Quote from: Kokojo on August 26, 2014, 05:21:55 pm
It was, sadly, only some 1000+ flies over a week's duration, with no cause discovered still. (With over 500 on the first day... The fight was epic and I swung around my electric fly zapper so much I broke it via air resistance. Also, a full can of RAID)

That scene should be made in a event. BTW that raid tho, I wonder what's inside a can of Raid considering it kills cockroaches, and they can endure a nuclear explosion apparently;

Take your time bro, haste makes waste, patience reaches perfection.
"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

Kokojo

Upon discovering a bug in the link between the last 2 chapters, I wasted a lot of time fixing it. I also finnaly applied the text to the first event(!) and tweaked it to reflect what it needed to reflect.

I started to work on another custom map for the chapter as I din't want to event tonight.

Kokojo

Generic update. I worked on CoP, adding a few things, mostly finding a way to end each battle perfectly and withouth a care, using a new way to spawn the loot objects before quitting and making sure they get fired next battle, also, making ALL the event ends better by making them fade to black rather than jump to the skies! This is not done as it takes me a while and I am not sure my script will work perfectly.

Otherwise, I made some pretty evtchr. A lot.

Progress ''bar'' should come back next update.

Kokojo

Oh god, has it really been one month?

I din't post anything that I have done in the last 2 weeks as it concerned mostly chapter 1 and 2 and little bug fixes. Main work on Chapter 4 was not done beyond event 1, but I did write some more events.

I was waiting on something but decided fuck it, so Il be back to chapter 4 editing and not care about chapter 1 and 2 until I can do a whole playtrought :-(

Kokojo

Well this may deceive some, but I completly scrapped chapter 4 after event 1. It just din't make much sense and felt rushed.

I nearly finished the new script and started back to event 2 (I was at 3 before, so it's not much of a setback). I will talk with Eternal about the new event configuration and if it's pleasing then I will post the new event lineup.

Meanwhile, Jumza started working on my chapter 1 events.

3lric

Jumza started working on my chapter 1 events.

Shouldn't he be working on the Chapter 2 events since I already fixed the Chapter 1 events 3 years ago that you havent put in yet? :(
  • Modding version: PSX

Kokojo

November 18, 2014, 02:44:32 am #148 Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:02:24 am by Elric
He's just making sure the loot will not be visible at all while being collectible.

Jumza

I got a confusing few messages about this work that Elric has done :P Koko, if anythings changed about what you want me to do, let me know :)
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Kokojo

Still not posting about the names, but progress has been done. We're now back at 2 events and text is flowing.

Kokojo

Done with event 3 as of this night, unto battle 2.

coldds

any news from CoP? i realy enjoy this patch  :cry:

KingUrameshi

This was a really unique mod that I was really looking forward to after completing chapter 2. It made me feel like I was playing Tactics Ogre with the color scheme and script. The first guy you played as (forgot his name) was way better than the second lady you played as and I would go back and redo the second chapter as it was not as good as the first in terms of depth of story. Please finish this very unique mod.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Kokojo

After deliberation I've decided to releash chapter 3 in early december with no change to the gameplay mechanics, AKA, no new battle system.

I will also not finish chapter 4, since it seems too much of a task for me after such a long time.

I am pleased by the results of what I have accomplished so far, and I thanks all that have supported me over the years. You'll see an end for CoP, not the first one I had in mind, but still, a end for this mod will be done.

Angel

Sad to hear about chapter 4, but I'm glad that chapter 3 will be released.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

DeJ

Greetings fellow gamers --
I have registered to the site just to communicate further with the brain wizards behind these great projects. FFT is the best game ever, I think we all agree with that, and Kokojo, your undertaking to mod it is very admirable. I have seen your youtube videos of a few different playthroughs of CoP and it looks truly amazing! I will be the first in line to download it and play it. I read that December 16th (Which is tomorrow) is the target date you have for the release of the final chapter 3. I was simply wondering is this is still the projected date? I am all for testing and offering feedback, but like everyone, life is busy and I'd like to play a game with an ending. This will ensure I can really devote my time to it. I will be sure to offer up my thoughts on the game. What I have seen on youtube thus far is remarkable. With some time off for the Holidays next week, I have grown quite excited for the this completed mod. You deserve great credit Kokojo, thank you very much for your services.

-JD

Kokojo

I would like to thank you a lot for these comment, DeJ, it warms my heart.

Im currently working trying to get Chapter 3 ready for tomorrow., I am still not sure il be able to make a complete test playtrought tonight when I have done the final changes. At the worst, it will instead be releashed the 17th or 18th.

Im still adamant about not doing chapter 4, but il give myself a week to think it over, and then either releash the ending in paper form, or do chapter 4 (unlikely).

Thanks for the interest, again!

Angel

I sincerely do hope you release chapter 4. Really and truly, I would love to see this completed in your original vision, as intended, and I know I'm not the only one. No matter how much time you need, I'd love to see this finished to the level you set for yourself, and would be happy giving out for all to enjoy. I've just been glad to see you working on CoP again after so long, and seeing it truly complete would really be an awesome thing, no lie. I know I've never been a cheerleader at any point, but I have still always wanted to see CoP finished.

Please don't give up. Take whatever time you need, do whatever is necessary, but don't give up. You have a story you've put time, love, blood, sweat into. Even if other things may be more important to you now, think of how you felt crafting your vision. It's worth sharing. Whether you believe me or not is up to you, but if it took you ten years to put chapter 4 out, I know it would be worthwhile.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

coldds

chapter 3: my christmas gift from you  ;)