• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:23:12 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 RELEASED! (Current Version: v1.97e)

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, March 29, 2013, 01:08:59 am

RavenOfRazgriz

(NOTE: Current Version is Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 v1.97e, so make sure you're up to date!)

It's finally released!  The first Chapter in an epic story, pitting the most unlikely of forces both with and against each other to prevent the fabric of the entire multiverse from unraveling!

Enter the expansive land of Ivalice and join Ramza Beoulve and his younger sister Alma Beoulve as they cope with the less-than-favorable aftermath of both the Lion War and their own personal war against the Zodiac Beasts and their leader, the Bloody Angel Altima.  Forced into hiding, Ramza, under the assumed name Drake Seymour is reunited with one of the strangest of his previous companions - Cloud Strife, who Ramza met on his previous adventure after powering some kind of dimensional-forwarding device with one of the retrieved Zodiac Stones and calling him from his own world.  Though Cloud was returned to his own space after Altima's defeat due to reactions from the Zodiac Stones, he has returned to Ivalice through some unknown power - and this time he's not alone!

Joining Ramza and Cloud on their quest to unravel the mystery behind the powers distorting Ivalice and find a way home will be the pointy-earred warrior Link, the espionage expert known to most as Solid Snake, and the charismatic devil hunter Dante.  As the reality of Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry, and many others begins to unravel and create a perfect storm of chaos within Ivalice, will these Five Knights be able solve the mystery of their summoning, vanquish whatever evil has befallen the land, and return to their own worlds?

DOWNLOAD JOURNEY OF THE FIVE - CHAPTER 1 TODAY AND BEGIN YOUR SEARCH FOR THE ANSWER TO THESE QUESTIONS AND MORE!

Featuring a completely new quest, a battle system that's been rebuilt from the ground up, an entire new library of sprites, and much more, Journey of the Five is an experience not to be missed out on by any Final Fantasy Tactics fan or Strategy RPG fan in general!

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Celdia

Having avoided both the demo and much of any kind of spoilers, let me be the first to say...

"Well, there goes my weekend."
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Phana63

Very good job and thanks all the team.

A french's fan  :D

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Argy

Excellent work guys. There to, goes my weekend as well!!
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Kagebunji

Enjoy people, me, and the whole team hope you will like it as much as we do, heh. Have fun!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jumza

Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

BakaNiiNii

ali alasaly

March 29, 2013, 01:46:45 pm #9 Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 07:44:52 pm by Elric
the game stopped at battle against ganondorf :( the screen ascend upward and no thing happen  :shock: i wait for it but it not change can any one help me please ?

Angel

* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

3lric

Please post this in betraying Ali. If raven can't fix it I will when I get home. However I've never had this issue. Are you cheating by chance? Cuz thru will Likely cause a problem since there are quite a few event conditions in that battle

RavenOfRazgriz

March 29, 2013, 02:55:40 pm #12 Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 07:45:21 pm by Elric
Quote from: ali alasaly on March 29, 2013, 01:46:45 pm
the game stopped at battle against ganondorf :( the screen ascend upward and no thing happen  :shock: i wait for it but it not change can any one help me please ?

Please post your bugs in this thread please.

Just for reference, I tried to recreate this bug and failed.  I was able to play all the way from a save file at Goug Machine City all the way to the ending credits without issue using pSXfin 1.13.  What emulator are you using?

Quote from: Elric on March 29, 2013, 02:12:43 pm
Please post this in [bugtesting] Ali. If raven can't fix it I will when I get home.

Don't worry, I found about 5 minutes worth of things for you to fix trying to recreate his error.

ali alasaly

i use psx v1.13 but i cheated with game shark like master teleport  and use hands ability of asassine  from fft patcher  :| is that way the stopped ? please help i realy like this game :(

Reks

Well, there you have it. Simply don't use the cheats and you'll be good. Shouldn't need to cheat anyway, but that's on you.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

3lric

March 30, 2013, 11:11:08 am #15 Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 11:35:46 am by Elric
Ali, if you cheat you will glitch. Jot5 JUST came out, why would you have to cheat anyway? You realize that when you cheat,
all of the work we did bugtesting and balancing Jot5 becomes invalid right? :P

Ali, turn off ALL the cheats for this battle and try again, because Raven uses psx as well and has no issues, we both
tried to recreate your bug and we cannot, so it can only be because of the cheats :P

ali alasaly

RavenOfRazgriz

The primary download has been updated to v1.1 to fix a critical error reported by Jumza due to a mismanaged file that got lost track of on the day we released.

I fixed it and I'll be making sure it stays fixed this time.

This also fixes many inconsistent or unupdated Help texts that somehow got through to be correct, makes sure all Items have a description, slighty nerfs the Bariaus Hill encounter because it was previously a bit too difficult for a battle you cannot grind at before entering, enables the final boss of the Chapter to actually use his unique move, and a few other things.

A v1.2 will be released later tonight when Elric gets back home to fix some cleanup errors in the final few Events of the Chapters but otherwise you can just patch a fresh ISO with this update and continue at whatever save state or memory card you left off at as normal.

3lric

Just gave Raven the updated TEST.EVT. 1.2 will be out shortly