• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Re: ALL THE THINGS (ATT: A D&D RPG) - Let's get ready to rumble!

Started by Celdia, November 01, 2011, 06:21:40 am

Kalas

"Yeah, I'm coming," Nathalie replied, walking toward the elvish brute, "So what's the plan now?"

Celdia

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Celdia

Turn 8 Resolution

Regrouping, the party makes their way down the passage revealed by Hogarth. It leads further North and downward into the earth. Coming to another bend in the stone corridor reveals an intersection. One branch continues Westward while the other turns further North. No sign of the enemy lies in either direction, though the Northern corridor does continue beyond your collective vision. The path to the West turns only a short distance past the intersection.

Objective: Locate the magical objects.
Weather: None.
Terrain: Cave interior. Stone floors, low ceilings.

Terrain Notes: Walls, floors and ceilings are all solid stone. I don't care how thin it may look in some places on the map, you can't bust through them without a lot of work. Even then there would be the chance of a cave in. The ceiling is rarely more than ten feet high in these corridors. You may get more vertical space in larger chambers.

Lightning Notes: Rhyhorn, Nathalie and Xun can only see clearly in the brightest circle of light. Yvonne and Hogarth have low-light vision and can see normally to the edges of the grayed out area. Anything in the darkest area can't be seen by anyone in the party. There are penalties for attacking in the dark.

Knowledge Check: Goblins have Darkvision! This means that they can see through that darkest area on the map so beware attacks from the shadows!

Posting for this Turn ends in about 24 hours, (Sunday, Dec. 18th, 2pm EST) or whenever everyone has posted, of course.

Rhyhorn
~Stats~
HP: 36/45
Defense: 19
Movement: 4
Endurance: 8
Reflex Speed: 1
Magic Defense: 2
Melee Skill: 16
Magic Skill: 0

Elia
~Stats~
HP: -10/21 (Dead)
Defense: 17
Movement: 6
Endurance: 5
Reflex Speed: 5
Magic Resistance: 9
Melee Skill: 14
Ranged Skill: 16
Magic Skill: 6

Hogarth
~Stats~
HP: 40/47
Defense: 16
Movement: 8
Endurance: 6
Reflex Speed: 4
Magic Resistance: 2
Melee Skill: 28
Ranged Skill: 20
Magic Skill: -100

Xun
~Stats~
HP: 20/23
Defense: 20
Endurance: 1
Magic Resistance: 6

Yvonne
~Stats~
HP: 8/9
Defense: 18
Movement: 6 Flying (1 Walking)
Reflex Speed: 6
Magic Resistance: 4
Melee Skill: 8
Ranged Skill: 32
Magic Skill: 7
Effect: Shield (+4 Defense, Immune to Magic Missile)

Nathalie
~Stats~
HP: 18/18
Magic Resistance: 1
Melee Skill: 4
Ranged Skill: 18
Magic Skill: 1 (Items Only)

Ryqoshay

As Yvonne catches up with Rhyhorn and Xun, she notices a gash in the stone rhino's hide, one that she believes was not there before. Not knowing the specifics of her friend's physiology beyond what Cozwin had told her, she flies down for a closer inspection. "We need ya in top shape, ya know." she says, deciding that the wound may possibly be worth a charge. (1, 2, 3) Clutching the glowing Magic Missile wand again in her teeth, she fetches one of the other new ones. She taps it lightly against the canyon in Rhyhorn's side and is pleased to watch a gentle glow issue forth and flow into and fill the gap. The magic quickly solidifies into new stone, and while not perfect, "Tha' shou' do fer now..." The fire Lirai says, admiring her handiwork.

Actions
1: Draw Wand of Repair Light Damage.
2: Cast Repair Light Damage on Rhyhorn
3: Return Wand of Repair Light Damage to its place.
4: Hold Action: If any javelin wielding target enters visual range, Cast Magic Missile via wand on it.
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

NinjaWeazel

Xun heads over and looks around the bend to the west, blade held in his hands.

1) move to H15
2-4) held actions to attack any enemies that come close

Celdia

Don't have time to update right now. Will likely get around to it tonight when I'm at work. Turn remains open until then.

Kalas

Nathalie follows the crowd, keeping her ears open for any noise. She clutches her crossbow tightly, preparing for a goblin onslaught.

"This place has gotten considerably more menacing since we entered.."

1) Follow Xun
2-4) Hold action; shoot enemies that come in range.

Celdia

Turn 9 Resolution

Creeping ahead slowly, the party advances into the intersection. Rhyhorn pauses near the Northern passage so that Yvonne can repair him with her wand, the magic infused into the thin dowel reconstructing his stony hide with ease. Just ahead, Xun and Hogarth peer around the corner but find only another long corridor leading North, this one narrowing into a choke point just at the edge of the elf's vision. Yvonne can see just a touch further down the first passage however and it appears to bend away to the East some. The stone rhino sniffs the air cautiously where he stands and gestures with his head towards the East-most passage with a jerk of his horned head.
         The cave is silent other than the sounds of the party's movements and there is still no visible sign of other goblin forces.

Terrain Notes: Walls, floors and ceilings are all solid stone. I don't care how thin it may look in some places on the map, you can't bust through them without a lot of work. Even then there would be the chance of a cave in. The ceiling is rarely more than ten feet high in these corridors. You may get more vertical space in larger chambers.

Lightning Notes: Rhyhorn, Nathalie and Xun can only see clearly in the brightest circle of light. Yvonne and Hogarth have low-light vision and can see normally to the edges of the grayed out area. Anything in the darkest area can't be seen by anyone in the party. There are penalties for attacking in the dark.

Knowledge Check: Goblins have Darkvision! This means that they can see through that darkest area on the map so beware attacks from the shadows!

Posting for this Turn ends in about 48 hours, (Wednesday, Dec. 21th, 1am EST) or whenever everyone has posted, of course.

Rhyhorn
~Stats~
HP: 43/45

Elia
~Stats~

Hogarth
~Stats~

Xun
~Stats~

Yvonne
~Stats~

Nathalie
~Stats~

~Powers Expired This Turn~
Yvonne: Shield

Ryqoshay

As the magical barrier fades, a though crosses Yvonne's mind. "Did anyone see if tha' southern passage was a dead end?" she thinks vocally, but quietly. "I don' thin' we did..." She blinks and her eyes immediately return to normal. (1, 2) Uttering a rare Celestial vulgarity, she retrieves Xavier's wand and points it at the intersection.

Action
1: Draw Xavier's wand.
2: Expend a charge of Xavier's wand.

Kalas

"The cart is probably so lonely..as is Elia's body," Nathalie says, "Let's go back and fetch our supplies first."

Ryqoshay

Yvonne glances off to the northeast, down at Rhyhorn, then finally over at Nathalie. "Yes, tha' sounds like a splendid idea..."

EmmaNigma

Hogarth considers this notion for a flittering moment. "Friend Ryhorn, take them back to cart. Shouldn't be any beasts there. Friend Xun and I will go up west path and try not to draw attention." She says these words with precision, or as precise as a barbarian can make them, and as quietly as she can while still allowing the others to hear.

Actions: Creep along path to explore it, trying not to disturb or alert goblins. Peer around corners, hold one hand over light to dim it if necessary, and rely on Xun's silent demeanor as an example.  If goblins attack, interrupt all other actions to ATTACK.
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Ryqoshay

"West?" Yvonne asks. "I thou' we were gonna go east...?" She glances down at the stone rhino who had seemed to smell something from that direction. "I don' thin' we shou' split up again..." (3) As she speaks, she retrieves a scroll from the case in her pack.

Action
3: Retrieve Scroll of Alarm

Celdia

Extending post time on this Turn for another 24 hours. Will probably continue with longer times through the holidays since I know a lot of schedules get bounced around and not everyone will be available to post in a timely manner and honestly, this is a part of the Adventure Pane I'd rather have solid player input for rather than falling back on auto-pilot.

NinjaWeazel

Xun nods, speaking quietly.  "Hogarth good fighter, we be OK together.  You all go, protect Rhyhorn."  His fingers absently trace over the blade of his sword, feeling the faint runes scored in the metal.  "Need him OK to pull cart, take back Elia."

EmmaNigma

"East? We're standing in front of the west path. Don't plan on fighting goblins, just want to check surroundings until you return. Since goblins came out of this hole, it's better to watch it carefully while you get everything back here. No surprise attacks and traps like last time."
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Kalas

"Preparedness," Nathalie mutters before leading the hulking rhinoceros through the cave, "Come on, let's check on our valuables."

EmmaNigma

Thinking back to the previous times they've split up, it dawns upon Hogarth that obviously it's a horrid idea. Seeing that Yvonne, Rhyhorn, and Nathalie are all intent on going back to the entrance, Hogarth fumes and decides to head back with them. "Follow, Xun. We're going back. We'll probably have to throw the damned cart across the water. Only way it's getting across at any rate.."

CANCEL ALL PREVIOUS ACTIONS

Actions 1-3: Guard the others as we return to the cart.
Action 4:

Celdia

Turn 10 Resolution

After a quick discussion, the party makes their way past the piles of goblin corpses and back to the cart without running afoul of more enemy reinforcements. Once there, Rhyhorn looks back and forth between the cart and the pool of water with disdain on his face or as much as can be shown by a rockbeast.

Posting for this Turn ends in about 48 hours, (Friday, Dec. 23rd, 1am EST) or whenever everyone has posted, of course.

Rhyhorn
~Stats~
HP: 43/45

Elia
~Stats~

Hogarth
~Stats~

Xun
~Stats~

Yvonne
~Stats~

Nathalie
~Stats~

EmmaNigma

Hogarth wearily eyes the narrow path that was crossed to get here. "It's impossible to move the cart past this lake or the death hole. Come, leave the corpse and let's go back and get what we came for. Then we go drink ale and give Mr. Sparkle a goblin's hand as proof of contract." Hogarth chops off Hobgoblin 2's hand as she passes by and into the next section of the cave.

Action 1: Head to Hobgoblin 2.
Action 2: Chop hand off and hide it in her wolf hide.
Action 3: Head into next section.