• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:01:56 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

ZOMG iron giant

Started by Cyberblade, August 13, 2008, 10:56:09 pm

SentinalBlade

February 15, 2009, 10:19:34 pm #160 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
BTW

I think there should be some research done on DAMI.SPR

It appears Arch managed to get the static image to appear on a bugged out sprite.

I was trying ot explain earlier that the DAMI.SPR(the sprite file this new iron giant was found in) is basically a 'placeholder' for various sprite issues.

The image at the top happens when setting the wrong sprite, such as using 5D with a stand alone job, as zozma said.

But the static right before the iron giant images start is what displays when a unit bugs out when theres more than 9. Arch just tried it on zirekale falls and agrias bugged out using the static.

The difference between DAMI.SPR and sprite posted is the pallete. thats not the original pallete. it is much more...messed up, and i think its over the 16 color limit. it shows the static, but in color.

i meant ot prove this a few months ago, but for some reason i couldnt get the static to re appear so i could prove it...

thanks Arch, for being able to testify!

Zozma

February 15, 2009, 10:41:28 pm #161 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
dami might have its own sound file as well, kind of like how altima's attacks or worker 8.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

SentinalBlade

February 15, 2009, 10:55:51 pm #162 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
yeap yep. i think i should shove this down melons throat.

maybe if we can replace it with a regular sprite file, we could use it as a 10th sprite in some maps?

Cheetah

February 15, 2009, 11:50:12 pm #163 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
That is a very interesting idea Sentinal Blade.
Current Projects:

Luiakyn

So it has been 5 years, and I decided to try to add in his great cleaver:

I plan on either having the unarmed hit be the default, and the great cleaver be secondary (skill usage?) -- or making a slightly different cleave one for an area atack (like the minotaur)

note: This is a WIP -- I'm not done, yet.

Kagebunji

Hah, that's cool. I was eager to clean up the Iron Giant once, since he is quite messy beneath his armor. But it was such a pixel soup that I decided not to, Twinees agreed :P.

It's fun to see the cleaver though, kinda a trademark of his.

Luiakyn

March 17, 2014, 03:41:00 pm #166 Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 04:20:20 pm by Luiakyn
He -is- a pixel mess :( I've been cleaning him up a bit:

Kagebunji

That's awesome. New Cleaver frames look neat. I always liked this sprite, and you wouldn't believe how happy I am to see it gets some justice :D

3lric

If this is cleaned up enough I know were we can use it in Jot5 :P
  • Modding version: PSX

Luiakyn

Quote from: Kagebunji on March 17, 2014, 04:34:19 pm
That's awesome. New Cleaver frames look neat. I always liked this sprite, and you wouldn't believe how happy I am to see it gets some justice :D

I had been wantingto fix him up for a while. I've been modding "Terraria" (I created "Omnir's Modpack") and I feel like I can tackle this, now.

Also trying for an Ogre sprite.

Quote from: Elric on March 17, 2014, 05:19:50 pm
If this is cleaned up enough I know were we can use it in Jot5 :P

I need to test it some, and maybe add in some, but hes otherwise good :)

I'll be cleaning him up as I notice issues

Dome

such necrobump
MUCH appreciated
very awesome sprite

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Luiakyn

Quote from: Dome on March 17, 2014, 07:28:38 pm
such necrobump
MUCH appreciated
very awesome sprite

When I saw you had replied, I was thinking "oh crap, -- I'm sure  he has some criticism" XD
I'm glad you're liking the progress >: D

Small update: So the new sword thrust downward animations had to be rearranged, and the best animation sort is the Lucavi (Ruka) -- The Sword thrust is for charging up.

I'm feeling something is off with the sword animation, so I'm working on that, too.

Lastly, and off topic, here is the currently terrible concept sprite for the Ogre(FFI+) I want to work on:

Celdia

Very nice to see someone doing something with the Iron Giant.

Quote from: Luiakyn on March 18, 2014, 12:57:15 am
Lastly, and off topic, here is the currently terrible concept sprite for the Ogre(FFI+) I want to work on:

If you continue with this one, can you do a palette to match this?
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Choto

<3 those ogres. I tried making a concept for one awhile ago, yours looks much better than mine though. 3 cheers for big monsters =)

Jumza

Quote from: Choto on March 18, 2014, 08:50:50 am
3 cheers for big monsters =)

This is some seriously awesome stuff :)
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Luiakyn

Quote from: Celdia on March 18, 2014, 07:15:02 am
Very nice to see someone doing something with the Iron Giant.
If you continue with this one, can you do a palette to match this?

XD Yes. I created the Ogre for my mod for Terraria -- So I have something for a palette to start with.*

Quote from: Choto on March 18, 2014, 08:50:50 am
<3 those ogres. I tried making a concept for one awhile ago, yours looks much better than mine though. 3 cheers for big monsters =)

Do you have a link? I might be able to see what you did better than me and fix some issues.

Quote from: Jumza on March 18, 2014, 10:01:53 am
This is some seriously awesome stuff :)

Also did the concept for the Hill Giant(Gigas)

Also small update on the Iron Giant. I've got to fix his attack

3lric

Dem Ogres.... fucking awesome

Damn teasers

Seushiro

Very nice concepts and hope you figure out what you want with the attack frames that seems hard. I thought for the pose with the sword stabbed to the groud that the cleaver be facing up as opposed to down as the attack animations like slashing, punching and dragoon jump all come from above going below. The giant would get his hands cut off if that was a defend pose :) But that is just my opinion

Celdia

Quote from: Elric on March 18, 2014, 04:51:40 pm
Dem Ogres.... fucking awesome

Eloquently said and I agree wholeheartedly.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Lijj

Hell yeah the pink ogre... can you make one of the palettes of the green sort as well?

A little off topic but;
for some reason the pose of the original Final Fantasy's troll enemy has always stuck with me (makes me laugh):

"I'm going mad because you tiny little sprites keep irritating me!" it seems to say.