• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:35:12 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Seushiro's Sprites... Redoing some sprites

Started by Seushiro, August 19, 2009, 12:12:50 am

Seushiro

Coming up with parts for the 4 heroes and Bravely Default just got harder my mind just can't give me the combinations I want to make it happen. Not even just as a concept.

Finished up my Squall sprite. I got the head for the front frames from Twinees Squall concept, Missing pieces from Cronos Aragami's unfinished work, and a lot of fixing as the colors and flesh they had in those were broken up. Lastly Jimmy's Portrait since I cannot find my own Squall Portrait from way way back. Just need to make the bangs move in the back facing walks.

Lijj

That looks great. The black is very black though.
  • Modding version: PSX

Seushiro

March 31, 2014, 02:02:33 am #562 Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:42:24 am by Seushiro
Thanks for pointing that out Lijj. I think that is why when I play the sprite and he goes to a darker area like under the castle wall his darker colors look bad. I have a better graphics card here in the office so I fixed things up with graphics Gale. Also noticed some arms not looking right so changed it from the squire set of hands.

Edit: updated Squall Sprite again saw some excess pixels in-game

Seushiro

March 31, 2014, 11:12:56 am #563 Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 12:03:22 pm by Seushiro
The blue shades for Squall was not fun in game so I switched the shade to brown again and re uploaded.

I looked back at jap_tac's Rinoa and reduced it to 16 colors I think with a thief's body it can be done.

Sprites I did before that I should redo and finish:

1. Genesis
2. Ryu BOF
3. Golbez
4. Exodus
5. Fei Fong Wong
6. Strider
7. Chun-Li

But my priority is still the 4 heroes of light and Bravely Default. If only I can get a good concept through inspiration.

Dante

Gj Seu!!! Really good concept !!! :P Goku Gohan Goten so awesome. Pls finish them !! Haha :twisted:

Seushiro

While conceptualizing for Genesis I had a look at the existing Zach Fair sprites and tried to come up with my own.

Which head resembles mature Zack the best?

Kagebunji

Personally, I like Genesis quite a bit. Did a few tweaks to the hair, cause it really deserves it.

Also, I have a new Zack sprite in my files, it's a portrait and concept so far, but I will finish it eventually. Twinees did the port and helped me on the concept stage. Take a look.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Seushiro

April 01, 2014, 10:20:14 pm #567 Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 10:57:57 pm by Seushiro
I like the sprite concept it is very well done but with huge changes to belt straps and gloves that will be a very long edit from the cloud base unlike what I would be doing and already did. Hope you do finish it (you must please!). For the portrait it is way better than the Aliste mod but I feel some thing can still be done. I'm taking that Genesis head you edited and will try it on the JOT5 Sephiroth as a start to get me going

Edit: 2 tone the ear in the concept

Kagebunji

Haha, good catch on the ear, I forgot to change it. I will finish him for sure eventually, but right now I have a couple of other sprites that need to be done, so he is on a hold.

Good luck with Genesis, I always liked his character, heh.

Seushiro

April 02, 2014, 11:20:50 am #569 Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 12:06:37 pm by Seushiro
The overall Sephiroth sprite has minimal distance of colors so modding it to Genesis is a total failure.... Any other good open coat characters? I would try Agrias but that is still a major overhaul effort.

Since I already started my Zack concept before knowing of Kagebunji's project I went ahead and did a head swap :) I think I will still finish my Zack Sprite just so I have another head base in the fodder. My concept does resemble hair for Brave Fencer Musashi Anyway.

Luiakyn

April 02, 2014, 05:51:58 pm #570 Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 06:07:53 pm by Luiakyn
I reworked a bit of Golbez to prepare him for animation, but I went more off of the FFwiki:

Yes, it needs polishing and tweaking.
Edit: some more tweaks

Seushiro

Very refined :) He looks more slick and awesome now fit for a boss. I'll take a closer look at it to see what else to tweak.

jimmyjw88

Welcome back Seushiro! Great job reviving the sprite section! Keep'em up!!
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Seushiro

Hey Luiakyn you made it 15 colors so I got room to fix the cape :) Well the original goal was to make him bull demon size so I buffed the arms and made it look like it can grab a head and crush it. I also used Anti-Aliasing on the rough edged pixels.

Lijj

Kagebunji

True, he does. It's kinda disproportional though. His head is as big as his chest, and it gives off a weird feeling.

For future, could you please post it on black background? It's easier to judge it then, heh.

Seushiro

April 04, 2014, 01:53:13 am #576 Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:59:52 am by Seushiro
The disproportion is good news cause it needs to be huge as a Lucavi which have barely no chest and huge heads and arms... so I need to beef up the arms more like Hashmalum, Adramelk, and Velius

Edit: Although it would be awesome to continue it in Lucavi size as planned. Someone with higher spriting skill should refine this idea further.

Seushiro

April 04, 2014, 07:38:43 am #577 Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 08:19:41 am by Seushiro
I was messing with Shishi and passed by Rudvich.... seeing the half of the sheet green and white I thought I'll try fixing... To my surprise there is a 3rd palette that matches the lower half colors with his main frames thus completion is possible. The tested head on young Rudvich is a concept of MikeMitchi

I tested and the lower half is a fit version of Rudvich... but nonetheless reverse engineering is possible so reassembled the third frame and can finish the entire sheet.

Edit: Same with Draclau

Luiakyn

Quote from: Seushiro on April 04, 2014, 01:53:13 am
The disproportion is good news cause it needs to be huge as a Lucavi which have barely no chest and huge heads and arms... so I need to beef up the arms more like Hashmalum, Adramelk, and Velius

Edit: Although it would be awesome to continue it in Lucavi size as planned. Someone with higher spriting skill should refine this idea further.

I'll see what I can do :P Many we'll just ping pong it between the two of us XD

CONMAN

Ah damn dude I have been working on both of these (at least a little!)  Let me show you what I have.  Largely finished draclua - and started to reset the arms on rudvich.