• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

This Sprite Needs Some Serious Help

Started by TheSpartanMoose, April 03, 2012, 12:28:59 am

TheSpartanMoose

I am not a fan of the original Geomancer sprites so I decided to throw together my own.  The idea was simple, take the Helmetless Gaffgarion sprite, change the hair color, remove the mustache, swap the arms for the Geomancer arms and bingo.  I thought I was close to pulling it off, but I loaded what I had into shishi and it's a trainwreck.  Arms are floating in space, looks deformed at times.  So I come to the FFHackitcs forums for help!  Here's what I have so far.

GeneralStrife

change the type of the sprite in shishi if its type 2 change it to type 1 or vice versa. See if that remedies the problem.

CONMAN

Some of those colors look a little weird together, but I like the idea.  I HATE the male geomancer sprite.
  • Modding version: PSX

Jon

Haha, looks like Mustadio stole Gafgarion's armor ;)

Make sure its 16 colors, change types, take notes of what frames are wrong and then realign the arms so they are right. You gonna make a new portrait too?
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

3lric

I like it, for some reason at first glance it reminded me of Craven the Hunter. lol
  • Modding version: PSX

TheSpartanMoose

Thanks guys!  Changing the sprite type helped a lot.  Now I've gotta realign some of the arms.  I'm probably gonna play around with the colors a bit, I want the torso to look more white and less gray...or something.  Not sure what I'm gonna do for a portrait yet.  Real life is getting busier so for now I'll probably just get rid of the mustache, do a recolor and call it a day until I can work out something better.  Elric, I was totally going for the sort of Craven thing  :D

GeneralStrife

Remember to use colors from existing fft sprites. You can use most of the sprites from the custom sprites section as references because we do QC. It helps to constantly look at references.