• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:10:21 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Questions on TacText

Started by Mental_Gear, July 15, 2009, 10:39:05 am

Mental_Gear

July 15, 2009, 10:39:05 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
I'm still getting to grips with it and have realised that most modifications can be done with the QuickEdit menus (storyline stuff is under all the other ones, from the looks of it). However, I've noticed that you can change the quotes that are sometimes played before abilities.

I also know that some of them list 'no quotes' (or something like that), but if I add a custom quote to that slot (e.g. for 'Dispose', I put in 'IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAH') then does that create a chance of the quote appearing, or does that have to be done in FFTPatcher (if it can be done at all?)

Also, I see that pretty much everything under the quickedit sections comes under the preceding ones (WORLD.BIN and so on), but will editing it in quickedit change it in all menus and therefore the game?

And finally, what's this about editing the 'WORLD [# 1-8].BIN' that I keep hearing of?

philsov

July 31, 2009, 09:45:28 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
if you add in a spell quote, the ability must be flagged in fftpatcher to actually appear.

as for the rest -- dunno.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.