• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:48:25 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Help with renaming in battle...

Started by Desril, November 05, 2008, 10:18:48 pm

Desril

November 05, 2008, 10:18:48 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Desril
I've got everything working except names of abilities, jobs, etc in battle, and my sprites, I've given up on the sprites but how do I get the names working in battle?

TacText doesn't have anything for it, I've looked in all the options there, so unless it can open the Battle.bin and I just don't know how, then that's not it.

I can't figure out how to find anything, much less work it, in the HEX editor thing, so can someone please explain how to either work that, in detail, or what I need to do to edit this in TacText?

Lydyn

November 05, 2008, 10:28:12 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
FFTacText does work, though it's glitchy. I use it, much to melonhead's dismay. Just make a new PSX text and go through and edit names (not descriptions, they don't seem to really work) and when you get to WORLD.BIN ... you need to keep byte length the exact same as it was. Actually do this for anything that looks like it uses WORLD.BIN ... also you must keep it the same for section by section. As in, if you went over a byte editing Job Names, delete a byte IN Job Names, nowhere else!

Another thing, add [8] bytes to the <Nothing> in Ability Names (I Just add 8 spaces) or it'll glitch as well. After you're done, two things will glitch. Job Wheel Descriptions and Shop Text. There's no work around this unless you hex edit.

Desril

November 06, 2008, 05:13:42 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Desril
It's the PSP version.  Also, the names changed in the formation (pre-battle) screen, but only the job names and descriptions, not skill sets or abilities.