• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:25:31 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT Arena Stream day

Started by CT5Holy, May 12, 2014, 05:58:10 pm

CT5Holy

May 12, 2014, 05:58:10 pm Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 01:35:55 pm by CT5Holy
So, I'd like to have a few days during the summer where I stream FFT Arena! Most likely, there will be matches with commentary, where you guys send in teams and request matches and etc live. Another idea I had was for all of us to essentially build a team together! And we can talk through our decisions on equips and abilities and themes maybe and all that fun stuff.

I'm not too sure how many opportunities I'll have to stream though, due to work and/or housing situation. Work for me prob won't start till June, so I'm thinking of having at least one of these stream days (well, it obviously won't be a whole day, but for as long as there is interest, I suppose) in the next week. I'm thinking of having the first one be on May 21, Wednesday, 4 PM Pacific Time (GMT -7).

Stream link: http://www.twitch.tv/ctfive

Are there any specific days and times of the week people prefer? Sundays usually won't work for me, as an fyi.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Dokurider

May 12, 2014, 06:09:22 pm #1 Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 06:28:10 pm by Dokurider
That sounds like an excellent idea. The streams I did back when I had home internet seem to really help out and entertain. If only I was able to figure out how to play sound without that nasty feedback loop...

Zotis

Awesome, I'd be interested.

silentkaster

Sounds fun. I think I can be there for that one. Sundays and Wednesday afternoons usually are best for me.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Zotis

I just realised I'm working on the 20th... balls...

CT5Holy

Alright, let's make it Wednesday the 21st then? XD

Also, there will probably be some echo unless I figure mic stuff out (but I probably won't cause lazy! maybe someone can help while the stream is going or something? /shrug).

Barren

Hey CT5Holy is there a way we can both do duo commentary together while you stream?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

silentkaster

Wednesday is even better for me :D

CT5Holy

Quote from: Barren on May 12, 2014, 10:30:33 pm
Hey CT5Holy is there a way we can both do duo commentary together while you stream?

Ooh, that would be fun! Um, I'm not particularly tech-savvy unfortunately, so I dunno. We could try Skype, maybe? So you watch stream and commentate via Skype call? Anyone else know a better way to make this work?

Zotis

Yeah, the 21st works for me.

Barren

Quote from: CT5Holy on May 13, 2014, 01:15:30 am
Ooh, that would be fun! Um, I'm not particularly tech-savvy unfortunately, so I dunno. We could try Skype, maybe? So you watch stream and commentate via Skype call? Anyone else know a better way to make this work?

I do have a skype, give me your skype name and I will friend request you. If I have work next wednesday then I will be around another day. I usually work weekend mornings 7am to 3pm though

ShadowDragon15

May 13, 2014, 11:48:35 am #11 Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 12:10:37 pm by ShadowDragon15
I have skype, and I am fairly accustomed to it. I can help out in some way. What's your plan on how to stream this? I know if we make a big skype group call, you can share screens and then all of us will be able to hear you and see the match as it plays on your screen.
Strategy is just magical.

CT5Holy

Barren: well, stream should be starting at 7pm your time - hopefully that works?

ShadowDragon15: Oh, duh. Stream link: http://www.twitch.tv/ctfive

Barren

May 13, 2014, 02:15:33 pm #13 Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:33:40 pm by Barren
Ill let you know if i'll be around

Edit: I'll be around for next week at 7pm so get ready for me and CT5Holy to provide commentary

silentkaster

I am geeked about this!!! I will be there :D

ShadowDragon15

Just so we(mostly me) are clear... what time is this in my time zone? I am in the Midwest(Central Timezone).

CT5Holy

6 pm for you, ShadowDragon15.

The stream will be up a few minutes before designated start to time so Barren and I can hopefully get duo commentary going (with some troubleshooting time thrown in). I think my stream has a bit of delay between 'real time' for me and what you guys see on stream (if that makes any sense), so for communication purposes, let's use the FFH IRC channel instead of twitch stream chat? or does anyone have a better idea?

ShadowDragon15

Skype chat screen sharing. but that's the only other thing I can think of. that goes directly through skype, and not through a browser, so it could be better? maybe. I'm not 100% on that.

Barren

I know me and CT5holy would have have some kind of video chat with microphone working and everything. I did do it before with Mando but that was like 3 years ago. Hopefully it can be all figured out soon

Zotis

Team Speak is better than skype for voice chat because it picks up less background noise, but it has no video.  Soyou could use it alongside your video stream to talk amongst yourselves, and/or bring the viewers into chat.