• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:36:16 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

ff4(2us) hack lol patch

Started by Zozma, February 02, 2011, 09:51:27 pm

Zozma

July 06, 2011, 06:18:42 am #100 Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 06:21:22 am by Zozma
Absorb was used as Chakra for Yang, so that's out

Holy ray, maybe but it still might look odd for him to take a defensive stance for something like that.

Vampire/blood suck, i don't think thats fitting for a paladin even one thats just a disguise by a monster.

Ill think it over some more. too bad i dont have a way to recreate cecil's dark wave into a light wave version lol, thatd be perfect.

Edit:

so anyway, since Baigan can't normally do a multi target attack, and he cant jump like kain, i figure ill give him Holy Ray, as suggested.

it would look like maser or something of the sort, doing damage based on caster hp/2 + holy damage bonus

he has kain's hp growth so it should be decent but not over the top. still i do not like the defensive stance for the animation... I'll figure something out.
----
Update:
Palom and Porom

Problem 1 of getting them back solved by use of empty event space from changes in my patch, their remaining magic is added to their magic lists in order from highest level learned to lowest though several events in the game after the time they have left your party but completed by the end of tower of babil2. adding their spells in reverse order eliminates duplicate spells filling their magic lists.

Problem 2 they would start on level10. easy fix now as well as all the other reset characters, I will simply create lvl50 startup data for them. their hp and mp will be the max possible for their level by natural progression.

Problem 3 (up for debate) when they come back, the twin command should be excluded to eliminate bugs. you cannot make every combination of party members as long as they have twin, because palom will ignore porom and twin with either Golbez or Anna if either of them are in the party...

Another thing, I finally managed to make Anna  join you even though it may seem odd the way she comes back. will work more on this later
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Fenrir90

Palom & Porom: Well, their Twin command will be less useful at end game to be honest. With Palom having Flare, Bio, and Quake just to name a few and Porom have more useful white spells compare to when you get her near the beginning. I doubt people will pick it. You did the right choice by removing it, even if it was for technical reasons.

Baigan: Curious, does he share the same spell list as Kain? As for the Holy Ray, well your pretty much limited with what you have and you have to make the best of what you got unfortunately. Question of concern, does it work properly in battle? You see all laser hitting all monster and such, the reason I ask is because... well, its an enemy ability. I mean on large groups of enemies like the 3 Imps and Needler or the 8 Imps, etc.

Zozma

July 06, 2011, 04:56:16 pm #102 Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:58:18 pm by Zozma
I test it and I do not think the laser animates properly used against the enemy, even targeting only one at a time.

the twins Twin spells are very scalable now due to me changing the damage to one being based on caster hp + holy elemental damage and and the other being based on enemy hp/7 + holy elemental damage. Still at the end of the game, they will individually be able to do max damage with their Meteo and Nova spells....

removing that twin command will make them more like generic mages but it will eliminate a serious problem

Fenrir90

Ah, that's right. You gave the Focus command to the other Black Mages as well, I can see what you mean about them looking like generic mages.

Zozma

July 07, 2011, 01:52:24 am #104 Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 02:12:08 am by Zozma
so Zeromus needs some serious tweaking.

these are lvl55 ish characters and he's nothing to them.

how the heck are ya gonna do 900 damage with meteo and big bang, that aint gonna fly

This final party is pretty good despite having 3 low hp casters, their high magic defense helps a lot here.

with exception for text changes and tweaking the enemies things are pretty much done. all the mechanics for character level development is set.
now to make it so you can get back the other party members.... Tellah, Rosa, and Baigan are still stored in the shadow party

Cid, Yang, Palom, Porom will need new level50 loading data so that you don't have to start all over.
and I guess ill need to utilize the developers room for the party switch? im not sure.

-------------
Remaining bugs and non complete items:
npc, characters the wrong ones in the wrong places still in a few spots due to party changes.
the showdown between zemus and golbez/fusoya currently loads golbez and tellah instead lol
Harley's shop has not been added
Agrias fights have not been added
various weapon adjustments
Chest items from start to finish need to be changed.

dwib

Any progress being made on this Zozma?

Zozma

I'm close in most aspects. the only problems are incorrect npcs' which has created a slowdown....

all the characters work correctly and join/leave at the right times. getting lost characters back has not yet been implimented yet.

Fenrir90

Will there be any universal shields? You know, like in FFVI. Shield for the mages.

Zozma

Perhaps i might throw in one. well see...

efrate

How's it coming Zozma?  Still following even if I don't comment often. 
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Zozma

This will continue. I have had to halt because i am in the middle of a move and havent had the opportunity to set up my desktop. the game is already fully playable, just text changes and npc changes that might be a little annoying.

MasterGrand

how many project you work Zozma ? i see ff4 but what about ff5 or ff6 ?
Let's be together !!

Zozma

not working on anything else at the moment

MasterGrand

Zozma do you have program for sprite ff4 like FFT ?
Let's be together !!

Zozma

October 06, 2011, 05:55:25 pm #114 Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 05:56:03 pm by Zozma
nope, i use TileED and SnesPal

MasterGrand

hmmm you hacking ff4 for snes not psx i think.
Let's be together !!

Zozma

MasterGrand

October 10, 2011, 06:40:35 pm #117 Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 06:45:24 pm by MasterGrand
what do you mean Zozma by oldschool ff4 ?
Let's be together !!

Zozma

that yes it is the SNES version

MasterGrand

Hmm, but why don't do  that to ff4 in psx ?
Let's be together !!