• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:43:59 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT: Parted Ways Item Discussion (Current: Knives)

Started by Eternal248, December 18, 2010, 09:52:21 am

DaveSW

I love your ideas, but I would strongly suggest running the numbers for how much damage these weapons would actually do.  What do you expect endgame PA MA and Speed to be, on average? Once you set down a good base, being able to see exactly how much damage each weapon can do would make it MUCH easier to balance. 
As for the Tonberry Knife, it is a great idea, I was wanting to do the same thing, now I feel like a copy cat.... As for balancing it, how much HP, on average, do you expect knife wielding characters to have endgame?
I am awesome.

Eternal

And surprisingly it works. Sometimes. But yeah, I mostly start with theme and do balance towards the end. >_>
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

DaveSW

Ok then. I'll do it for you if you want.  The main thing is what kinda speed are we looking at?  Once I know that, I can give you a better set of numbers.
I am awesome.

Eternal

I need to review Paheej's video about Speed growth. After, I'll be able to accurately ascertain what Speed system I want.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817