• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:49:17 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

equiping enemy units with WoTL items

Started by Neonseraphim, November 01, 2014, 10:18:45 am

Neonseraphim

In my project I will like to equip units with WOTL exclusive items so people can earn them throughout the story.  However fftpacher does not allows me to equip them (they just do not show on the list of items you can equip) with the items if they are WoTL exclusive.  Any ideas?

Timbo

Long story short, they are indeed WotL exclusive. The only way to add them is to manually replace existing items with WotL equipment.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Neonseraphim

I don't think you understand.  this is a WOTL psp ISO I'm working with.  and my version of FFTPATCHER does not allow me to edit enemy troops, I can add them to the treasure hunter move find item abilities, but can't add them to merchants or add them to units when editing ENTD battles.  I think it may have to do with my version of FFTPACHER perhaps there is a more recent version that allows me to do so.

Xifanie

No, those extra items require an extra bit... Normally the max amount of items would be 255.
But Square was like "Let's add more items!" even though they deleted the source of the game decades ago. They created a new item table instead of expanding the existing one.

Result? The bit was only coded into for the item stock, move-find item (apparently) and the player's unit roster... even Balthier has his items hardcoded; you can't edit someone else you want and give them WotL items.

You're pretty much screwed.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Neonseraphim

actually they are not even present in move find items, I guess I was tired last night.  Thanks for explaining this to me