• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:02:11 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

What sprites would you like to see in Mercenaries?

Started by LastingDawn, April 29, 2009, 04:32:39 pm

LastingDawn

June 18, 2009, 05:30:54 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well actually the Cavalier Male is (slightly modified) the Trancer. The redone Agrias looks too similar for the generic Saeru, also I feel that doesn't fit Agrias too well, for some reason. Her character in Mercenaries anyhow. Saeru generic sprite has made it in as the (temporary) female Inquisitor, with Kent as the temporary male Inquisitor.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Kagebunji

July 17, 2009, 12:35:45 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
I have few ideas but I don't know if you will be interested:
1. Maybe you will replace Agrias with Beatrix? I read somewhere on forum that Agrias won't fit in this patch too well. If you wish I can make skillset for Beatrix ( I remember her sklls from FF9), only names should be changed, nothing else
2. Cloud replaced with Zack would be good too, o'course as fully playable character ;) (I can give suggestions of renaming skillsets too)
Well if you want I can think of more, just ask.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

LastingDawn

July 17, 2009, 01:35:43 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "Kagebunji"I have few ideas but I don't know if you will be interested:
1. Maybe you will replace Agrias with Beatrix? I read somewhere on forum that Agrias won't fit in this patch too well. If you wish I can make skillset for Beatrix ( I remember her sklls from FF9), only names should be changed, nothing else
2. Cloud replaced with Zack would be good too, o'course as fully playable character ;) (I can give suggestions of renaming skillsets too)
Well if you want I can think of more, just ask.

1. Hmm... I'm not sure where you heard that, Agrias is the leader of the Supporting Cast, her role is integral to the plot. It's a matter of conflicts, the main Mercenaries story actually has... just very long missions, (that's why I decided to add a series of sidequest to break up the monotony), Agrias is Stoic and Honorable, Gafgarion on the other hand is "careful" and would betray anyone given the right amount of money, but there is a lot more to both of these characters and Mercenaries will do it's best to explain it...

For anyone who's ever read Les Miserables, Agrias is sort of like... Javert, though Gafgarion's troupe doesn't exactly measure up to being Jean Valjean, of course. An onging theme of Mercenaries is conflicting personalities and complimenting personalities, believe you me, Agrias's role is very well cemented

2. The only "fully playable characters" in Mercenaries are Rad and Ramza, they are the two subordinates of Gafgarion, who is the one that decides what they will use in each battle. I would definitely not put in an FFVII character to ruin this precious balance. Zack will probably make it in, but he won't be replacing Cloud, I'll probably have them both as bounties anyhow.

Art of War

MiKeMiTchi

October 09, 2009, 10:52:53 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
I wanna see Doga as enemy
(well if possible)
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

dwib

October 09, 2009, 10:58:02 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
Just saw this thread for the first time... Delita won't be in the story at all?

LastingDawn

October 10, 2009, 03:35:51 am #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Pardon? Delita is one of the main antagonists, hehe. Also I love that Doga sprite! He'll definitely make it in (a sidequest of course) where he shows up. Though wasn't Doga on the side of the Light Warriors? Are you sure he shouldn't be on the ally side?

Art of War

Vanya

October 10, 2009, 03:41:05 am #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
You fight him in FF3 for some reason I am not aware of because I never got that far.
However, you also fight Unne. So it might be cool to have them both.
¯\(°_0)/¯

LastingDawn

October 10, 2009, 03:45:21 am #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hah, shows what I know... but yes, I would love to see a decrepid old woman sprite for Une, that would be a bit of an undertaking though.

Art of War

MiKeMiTchi

October 10, 2009, 03:45:46 am #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Ahh yes, Doga was on the good side. :)
Hmm, maybe put a bounty on him, but the party lets him go, bec. they realize Doga's in their side, or..
he's defeated by the crew but suddenly teleports into another dimension, bec. he still has a mission to make?

LastingDawn

October 10, 2009, 03:52:15 am #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Bounty seems the best way to do it, mainly because it is a Great Tribute, to FFIII, and him vanishing at the end of it, saying something he was gauging the Mercenaries strength or something along those lines. But Doga really needs Une, I feel, they're such a pair... hoping for Xande is too much though, haha!

Art of War

MiKeMiTchi

October 10, 2009, 03:57:26 am #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Yeah.. Unei it is!
Good idea LD, something like that would be awesome.

Quotehim vanishing at the end of it, saying something he was gauging the Mercenaries strength or something along those lines.

However, if I can't make Unne, we still have an excuse since she's sleeping. :)

LastingDawn

October 10, 2009, 04:18:43 am #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Haha, very true, very true. No need to think about it all too much, hehe.

Art of War

mav

October 10, 2009, 11:38:16 am #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
You know what I'd love to see? This (referring to the Gilgamesh, by the way):

Though I don't want to ask Kuraudo to finish it, knowing how busy he is, but I don't know who else could/would...

LastingDawn

October 10, 2009, 12:26:29 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I don't think I ever saw that one per se, but I love the expression on his face, he looks so happy and carefree, which is rather characteristic of Gilgamesh, hehe.

Art of War

Fein

October 10, 2009, 12:40:44 pm #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Fein
Doga would be a terrific addition! I like the idea of adding Gilgamesh as well.

mav

October 10, 2009, 12:47:50 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
The only possible issue with this Gilgamesh is that he's based of Velius's sprite type...so giving him human skill sets and such may be outta the question, right?

Kagebunji

October 10, 2009, 12:55:45 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
I would more worry about sprite than skillset  :?, if Kuraudo won't finish it, then who??

LastingDawn

October 10, 2009, 01:16:45 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Yes, skillset isn't really that important at the moment. It would be a great service to the community over all to finish the Gilgamesh sprite.

Art of War

MiKeMiTchi

October 10, 2009, 01:54:34 pm #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Ashley Riot (Vagrant Story) should be seen in Mercs too.
I believe VS and FFT had the same world and quite the same timeline,
(i think fft came first)

What do you think sir LD?

mav

October 10, 2009, 02:03:09 pm #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Quote from: "Kagebunji"I would more worry about sprite than skillset :?, if Kuraudo won't finish it, then who??
Your guess is as good as mine. Kuraudo had a pretty high level of skill, this sprite seems mostly custom, and I don't know how fair it'd be for us to pick up this sprite without his consent. That doesn't mean that we don't have spriters who could do it, but  I dunno if we should do it.

And I don't really care too much about skill sets--I just wanna see this completed...