• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:15:11 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

ENTD clarification: Randomly Present

Started by Kaijyuu, July 09, 2015, 07:03:40 pm

Kaijyuu

Just how random is the randomly present flag? Is there a set number of units that it needs to show, are each rolled separately to appear, or? I don't want to have sprite sheet limit issues.

As a side note, I was looking through a bunch of the story battles and whatnot and found some weird combinations of the flags. Some things have both always present and randomly present selected. I'm guessing it has something to do with events and/or dummied out data, but not sure.
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

July 09, 2015, 08:03:10 pm #1 Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 07:13:56 pm by Elric
(You've been here forever, no idea why you thought to post this in the FFT Hacking section...)

Quote from: Kaijyuu on July 09, 2015, 07:03:40 pm
As a side note, I was looking through a bunch of the story battles and whatnot and found some weird combinations of the flags. Some things have both always present and randomly present selected. I'm guessing it has something to do with events and/or dummied out data, but not sure.

Those are for events.

QuoteJust how random is the randomly present flag? Is there a set number of units that it needs to show, are each rolled separately to appear, or? I don't want to have sprite sheet limit issues.

To the best of my knowledge, at most you will normally only see 5 different spritesheets in random battles. Whenever there is more than 4 sheets, then 2 of the sheets will share the same coordinates, in which you will only have one spritesheet or the other, two sprites won't spawn on top of each other when set to Randomly Present.

Kaijyuu

Quote from: Elric on July 09, 2015, 08:03:10 pm
(You've been here forever, no idea why you thought to post this in the FFT Hacking section...)

I started searching for similar topics in help, then hit the search button, came across some random topics in hacking, forgot I was still there, and hit post topic.

tl;dr: Whoops.

QuoteI don't the exact answer, but to the best of my knowledge, at most you will normally only see 5 different spritesheets in random battles. Whenever there is more than 4 sheets, then 2 of the sheets will share the same coordinates, in which you will only have one spritesheet or the other, two sprites won't spawn on top of each other when set to Randomly Present.

The same coordinates thing does make sense. I'll keep it in mind for my own random battles.