• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 5 ☢ ☢ ☢

Started by Barren, August 29, 2016, 09:46:38 pm

Barren

Also to the hosts of the tournament, please make a playlist for the FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 5 when you upload your videos. Thank you
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Shintroy

Twin single target faith based burst vs Oil strategy.
Neither team seems to have status. I think skiploom will have the advantage due to burst damage usually beating aoe/status teams.
R1 - Pretty convincing win. Looks like a heavy range advantage for the most part.
R2 - Same deal. Range advantage[
GJ to Skiploom. DW's team just wasn't threatening in the mid range.

Earth absorb vs unorthodox balanced team
No clue who will win this. Betting on DomieV due to being a fan of his S3 Run.
R1 - Pretty convincing. Andrew just couldn't get any offense started.
R2 - Great opening for Andrew. I don't see him losing this unless the scholars go down some how. One of Andrews Scholars goes down making it an even match. Real shame for DomieV to lose this due to three failed revival attempts.
R3 - Missed Lay on Hands does it again. The Geomancer held the team back.

GG. Didn't know Spin Fist was smart targeting. Pretty OP since it also got a vertical buff. Must have been last minute again.

The other two I didn't watch since at the very beginning of the other videos the scores are displayed. Can the uploader show the entire team then go back and comment on each unit? A lot of teeth sucking or wincing in commentary, it's not good on the ears at all.
Some day my people will be free.

Kurosabes

Here's the rundown on which videos spoil results

Match 1 will not spoil because it's the first match
Match 2 will spoil Match 1, skip to 1:08
Match 3 will spoil Match 2, skip to 0:20
Match 4 will not spoil Match 3
Match 5 will spoil Match 4 until 5:22
Match 6 will not spoil Match 5

I recommend that you just watch them in ascending order
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Kashkabald

Will be fixed next time, just need to restart the stream after each match. Sorry for the inconvenience~

skiploom188

Holy shit what did I just build?

I only came up with this team on one night and did not test it on Arena even ONCE. Because back then my only concern was submitting on time. And after seeing them perform... I only hope dw6561 can forgive me.

Also, why is my team color blue? That's not the color I asked for back then. That being said, can you please do one thing and keep it blue! I seem to like this color better now.
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

gatebuster202

Vs. Otabo.

I knew this was going to be one sided when I saw the team. I retested after with my autoporion build. It didn't save me either.

That is one F...Ed up build. And it has little opportunity to be countered. It feeds itself MA, heals efficiently. Immune to Earth... Just... Well. I'm glad I fought this now rather then later.
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Jumza

Quote from: skiploom188 on August 31, 2016, 10:32:21 pm

I only came up with this team on one night and did not test it on Arena even ONCE. Because back then my only concern was submitting on time. And after seeing them perform... I only hope dw6561 can forgive me.

Also, why is my team color blue? That's not the color I asked for back then. That being said, can you please do one thing and keep it blue! I seem to like this color better now.

I fear I have submitted a lesser version of Skiplooms team...
Crap.
Anyway, good show so far everyone. Looking forward to the rest of the matches!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

dw6561

Quote from: skiploom188 on August 31, 2016, 10:32:21 pm

I almost cried. I was complaining in the discord for about an hour, I was absolutely humiliated. Your team actually has some of the most powerful things in 140a: White Magic and Spell guns. I tried telling them to nerf the range on those things after we buffed the WP, but nobody listened...

Congrats on the win though Skiploom. I knew this was coming as soon as I saw your team lol.

Quote from: Shintroy on August 31, 2016, 06:39:55 pm
Twin single target faith based burst vs Oil strategy.
Neither team seems to have status. I think skiploom will have the advantage due to burst damage usually beating aoe/status teams.
R1 - Pretty convincing win. Looks like a heavy range advantage for the most part.
R2 - Same deal. Range advantage[
GJ to Skiploom. DW's team just wasn't threatening in the mid range.

Trying not to be very salty here, but...my team didn't get to do ANYTHING AT ALL. There was no time to even have an offense because the 10 SP Archers have a whole 2 points of speed higher than my samurai so both go and sequentially render her useless. I'm trying to be objective about my match but it's not working at all. And yeah, like you said, range has A LOT to do with it too. I needed luck guard on the samurai, but couldn't fit it anywhere (believe me, I tried)... :(

This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Otabo

Quote from: gatebuster202 on August 31, 2016, 10:41:10 pm
Vs. Otabo.

I knew this was going to be one sided when I saw the team. I retested after with my autoporion build. It didn't save me either.

That is one F...Ed up build. And it has little opportunity to be countered. It feeds itself MA, heals efficiently. Immune to Earth... Just... Well. I'm glad I fought this now rather then later.

I'm on a mission this time - to prove to myself that Dance isn't an even more shitty skillset now than it was back in 1.39. Plus, I decided to be 'that guy' to run both Dance and a full immobile team. I might not even get that far; despite the fact that there are only a handful of Rubber Costumes, I'll eventually run into the plethora of Diamond Armlets + Defense Rings and get shit on anyway by speedy high damage units or talk skill or yin yang magic or something. But we'll see, I suppose.

gatebuster202

Quote from: Otabo on September 01, 2016, 01:19:05 pm
I'm on a mission this time - to prove to myself that Dance isn't an even more shitty skillset now than it was back in 1.39. Plus, I decided to be 'that guy' to run both Dance and a full immobile team. I might not even get that far; despite the fact that there are only a handful of Rubber Costumes, I'll eventually run into the plethora of Diamond Armlets + Defense Rings and get shit on anyway by speedy high damage units or talk skill or yin yang magic or something. But we'll see, I suppose.

Oh, dancer never sucked. But it needed a very tight setup. However. Your dances aren't the problem. The Lore is. The oil procs were just kill securing, but even without oil, the abilities would do enough damage. A berserk team with a ton of HP would be a viable counter. As long as it didn't run giant axe.

gatebuster202

Shintroy

Only got to see match #14 live on Gatebuster's stream.
Balanced Team vs Charm/OHKO
Rouroni will take this due to speed advantage. 13 Speed, Haste, high Evasion, GL overcoming that.

R1 - Good start for Argy. Didn't see the Blast Gun. Rouroni's may have the speed, but it doesn't matter when you can't stand up to single target burst. Phoenix Down revival seals it.

R2 - Same deal here up until the Charm. Good comboing Kiyo + Evasion. Charm's great to gaurantee crystals. GJ this round.
GG

R3 - Started out even with teams spreading out way too much. Rouroni keeps turn advantage for the majority of the round with charm, kiyo, slow, and haste. So many wasted turns on Argy's side. What a turn around this has been.

GGs. Pretty heartbreaking for Argy to do so well then have charm take it all away... slowly. Good thing everyone's got a shot with this format

Some day my people will be free.

gatebuster202

I will stream at the above link tomorrow early in the morning to finish round 1 Matches 15-20. Uploads done by Saturday night.

Barren

Just at least wait until dw did her matches as well. Because then we can upload the matches chronologically
You dare cross blades with me?

Elmdork

You can't do that to me Bro! (still haven't read the spoiler)

Great to see you all! Awesome turnout, think people are really enjoying the new patch. Ya'll did a great job over the last few months revitalizing the game, you should be proud. I'm going to post a couple teams in the submissions and we'll be back in action like old times.

Also holy shit otabo (hi)

Best of luck Argy in our upcoming match!
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

gatebuster202

Check back in 30 minutes or so for my Twitch link. (We might just stream this whole Tournamnet at this rate.

gatebuster202

reinoe

Hey all.  I noticed that MP SWITCH is back.  What's preventing players from running the infamous MP SWITHC/MOVE MP UP combo?  Is there a gentleman's agreement to prevent it?
My dreams can come true!