• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:35:51 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Sprite Project! Bikke the Pirate!

Started by LastingDawn, November 07, 2009, 03:54:24 pm

MiKeMiTchi

QuoteGuys, Gambler is a fatal base, lot of colors issues, arms issues, legs issues, and preety much everything. Srsly, on what you based him Bloodthirster? Cause Gambler just is a big problem.

Frankly, it is, bec. the gambler was my first sprite ever. Well, ATLEAST I FINISHED IT.
Sorry if I haven't been participating in this project though. I'm losing my study habits.. :(

Stick to simple ones guys.
(aquablack's version + the new hat and colors)
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

jimmyjw88

Hmm...Mike's got a point. Not the part "your first sprite ever" (your sprites are great ^^) but the part, using Aqua's attempt. I think that's kinda nice.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

I've always been a fan of Aqua's version. You guys decide--you're the ones who will inevitably work on this, not me.

jimmyjw88

Let's see what Sir LD thoughts about Aqua's version. And then, its up to them ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Bloodthirster0

Aquablack's version is good,but for a sailor,not for the badass captain and it will be basically a thief with a pirate hat
Need something useful to write here

LastingDawn

For simplicities sake, we need to tone down what we *think* we can get and observe what we can get, starting small is best, and Aquablack's version was pretty decent, besides Bikke himself doesn't look that impressive within his own game.

Of course if someone is willing to go the extra mile, then they certainly can to make a more unique looking sprite.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

jimmyjw88

So, its not impossible right? Using Gambler as the base...

Kagebunji

I will work on Aqua's version and touch it up a little, we will see what I can get later :)

QuoteFrankly, it is, bec. the gambler was my first sprite ever. Well, ATLEAST I FINISHED IT.
Hey I didn't said it's bad, it's just that it has too many problems when trying changing it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

I looked at Aquas version and saw the palette... I have 6 colors slot to use, now I don't want to fuck it up, so I want you guys to give your suggestions. If someone forgot how Aquas Bikke look, then it is on first page in this topic.

mav

You have six color left? If so, try giving him white pants (like the male Thief), brown boots and beard, and if there's still room, a gold belt. That's a lot though, so I dunno.

Kagebunji

Yes, Aqua only used 10 colors, and maaaany shades of blue/dark blue, so I might get even more space.

mav

Awesome news. If you can incorporate any of the changes I suggested, I think you'll be right on track.

jimmyjw88

Kagebunji

Beard and boots will probably take 3 shades of brown colors, white 3 shades as well, I might find space for gold.

Kagebunji

Well, it has been a loooong time, but I finally did this new Bikke with that base Aqua posted, here is how it looks. I must do sumthin with the boots...

Cheetah

I don't quite understand sleeveless with the arm bands, but other than that he looks great. Nice use of that belt buckle.
Current Projects:

mav

Heh, sleeveless with cuffs is indeed interesting. I like the sprite overall...but where did his neck go?

Kagebunji

Well, he was sleeveless all the time, all I can do is make the arm bands smaller(will do the one he got now loks too big). Neck is not visible because of his bulky body I suppose. well, then I quess I can work with the rest of the sprite.

mav

It's all good, Kage--I can't wait to see the completed sprite.

jimmyjw88