• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:20:22 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Plans for new sprites, whats everyone working on?

Started by Zozma, April 24, 2008, 08:34:17 pm

Lijj

Is at least the head custom? Not bad color selection though.
  • Modding version: PSX

DeadManWalking

It's a headswap with Algus if I'm not mistaken.

murak

The head was from Teioh, although I believe it was based on Algus IIRC.

I myself was going for a look similar to a design I made for another game, and the edited Algus head fits the character's personality, but I do make custom parts when needed.

(such as when I made a completely custom trenchcoat for a character before)

and for the one i showed before, I'm probably going to change his arms to something with short sleeves and make a fair few misc changes to it here and there.

Atma

don't worry, kagebunji.  it's just my weekend, so i haven't been working on it.  it's also my lil nephew's 1st b-day.  i'll get back to it in another day or two.  don't worry it's not forgotten already. :)
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Kagebunji

Thank god, I worried you abandoned it. It is too good sprite to just abandon it :D

Will you do palettes for her too?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

Yeah Atma  both those sprites are turning out supreme and would be good replacement generics for samurai especially. Not familiar with the game their from though.

SilvasRuin

Disgaea 1 shouldn't be too hard to pick up.  PS2, DS, PSP, maybe on the PSN too.  The DS wins in my opinion because it's the only version with the Prinny Commentary.  Tactical RPG series for the most part.  The three games have an inverse relationship between story quality and gameplay quality, but don't think that means the gameplay is crappy for the first one.  They just got better at balancing the characters and diversifying your options later on.  I'm thrilled to see a Disgaea sprite so close to completion.

Lijj

Is there a psp emu in existence?

Somebody must make the ultimately intimidating
 Chihuahua Knight! Way tougher than a dragoon or a Wolf Knight! :mrgreen:

Atma

i just recently found a PSP emulator... not sure how well it works since i haven't tried it, yet.  but it sounds promising.  Disgaea is the only SRPG besides FFT that i've actually liked playing, so if u get a chance to play it, you should.  i'm back from my weekend distractions, so i'm gonna get back to the sprite  :P  gotta head to work, but i'll try and get all the attack animations done when i get back.  when that's done, i've just gotta do ALL the arms... operation 'turn FFT female samurai to Disgaea ronin' continues!  stay tuned.

Kagebunji

Lookin forward to that, Atma.

Chihuahua Knight looks good, but the name and helm are.......off.

Lijj

hehehe! He's just here for kicks. Kinda looks like a bat.

Wolfran

Jajaja. Lijj, why  you use a Chiguagua it's the shame of all Canine, In my opinion the chiguaga isn't a dog is just a Rat with Bath ears...
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Atma

k, here's some more work done on the Ronin sprite.
[attachment=0:149fr9as]Samurai - Ronin 04 - by Atma WIP.png[/attachment:149fr9as]
all the body is done!  what's changed since last time i posted a pic was the attack frames.  they seem to look pretty good.  i'm pretty sure a lot still needs to be tweaked.  the arms don't line too well.  i thought the body might be off a bit since it's a different type, but i overlapped it on a type 2 and it seemed to line up pretty well... then i tried with type 1 arms... still looked pretty bad, maybe even a lil worse.  i don't wanna move the hands in case it looks weird with weapons, so i may just redraw the part of the arm that attaches to the body and keep the hands where they are.
ugh, my eyes hurt... that's enough for now.  sleep time :P

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

So far it looks awesome. Don't mess with Type 1 or 2, if it is type 2, leave it. I just dunno what original samurai's arm was type...

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Yeah, that is what I feared. If someone would want to replace Samurai with it, he couldn't, since it is sprite type 2. There is also this option in ShiShi, but I don't trust it :/

Atma

yeah, samurai is originally type 1.  i don't really trust the option in shishi, either.  my issue is that i used parts of sprites from 2 different types.  the arms are from Reis (human) and she's type 2, however seeing as how the samurai was type 1 it's not lining up very nicely.  so, i've gotta do a lot of tweaking to line it all up, BUT since i have to do all that manual stuff anyways, i'm gonna line it up using type 1 so it's gonna be ready to go if u just wanna swap it as is with samurai.

Kagebunji

Why don't ya just choose other arms? Find something suitable, less troubles.

R999

@Atma,

1. Work on the sprite with Shishi on the side when working with arms.  Fix every frame, every pixel. Done.  (You'll get better at it the more you do this).

2. Changing the Sprite slot's TYPE from 1 to 2 or 2 to 1 in ShiShi is 100% issue-free.

3. Check out my TYPE1 <-> TYPE2 Head Alignment Conversion chart if you are interested in conversion.
link: http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5026