• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:13:56 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Talking With Yasumi Matsuno (And his ideas for a FFT2!)

Started by Eternal248, June 28, 2011, 05:50:25 pm

Kagebunji

Surely he has some influence. Besides, people around the world would surely buy this perl.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

LastingDawn

He is currently working on another project at the moment, but its hard to say what he'll do next after he's finished with it. If he liked working at Level-5 that much he may stay there. If the CEO tries to curtail his vision he'll likely finish up his current project then leave.

He doesn't have as much pull as you might think mainly because he is extremely individualistic and when corporations require you to assimilate or flounder his unique outlooks aren't very welcomed.

This CEO of Level-5 is giving Matsuno free reign though, at least that was the deal.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I liked Jeane D'Arc, but Level-5 produces a lot of anime-style artwork, and their games often have furry characters, which I loathe, althought they aren't as disturbing as anything you'll find on a chan.

LastingDawn

Hideo Minaba and Yuka Miyamoto will be the two artists apparently and they have worked on Ivalice projects before, all of the "screenshots shown" are apparently of units wielding various weapons and a sorcerer unit. Hopefully we'll get to see those pictures soon ourselves.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

MysticKnightFF5

I feel furries in games are just fine, (I LOVE YOU STARFOX) because it's an ancient concept, far more ancient then your bloodline even.
There's something to be said for old fashioned ^_^
And if nothing else, the very existence of these boards prove that.

Kaijyuu

I don't get what some people have against anthropomorphism. Even more confusing is often such people are fine with bugs bunny and other earlier cartoons.

Getting offtopic there, though.
  • Modding version: PSX

Tigerspike

Back on topic, Level 5 did the development of Dragon Quest VIII, which is a property of Square Enix.  Taking that into consideration, Matsuno could still work on a War of the Lions game.  I hope he does.
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

MysticKnightFF5

DQVIII also sucked hard. But, I haven't played any other DQ games as a comparison.
Also, like I said a few posts back, I hope he doesn't work on WotL now, because that'd mean Level 5 would be the one helping him.
Nothing against them (even though I've been dissing them this entire thread), but they make children's game, and FFT is no place for children, FFTA proved that.

Kaijyuu

Eh. I haven't played any of L5's recent games, but I absolutely loved Dark Cloud 1 and 2.

I wouldn't say they make "childish" games, though maybe childish stories. Just make sure they're far away from the writing. Level 5's rather... baffling at that (dark cloud 2's story and main character were almost as bad as FFTA's, but the side characters had some serious depth. I still wonder if there were two separate writers working on it).

DaveSW

Oh, Eternal, next time you ask him stuff on twitter, ask him if it was his idea to put "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead" on all the traps in FF12.
I am awesome.

Havermayer

He replied to my question!

QuoteWill_Boddicker William D.
@YasumiMatsuno Have you ever thought about writing a manga?

@YasumiMatsuno
松野 泰己
@Will_Boddicker yeah, of course, I have thought so. someday I'd like to write the original. thx.

http://twitter.com/#!/YasumiMatsuno

LucasTizma

*sigh* I would gladly give my left arm for a TRUE sequel to FFT. Sadly, I imagine it would be cell-shaded or 3D in some respect, and I honestly would probably dislike that a lot. I'm a sprites guy for life! :)

LucasTizma

Quote from: Dunkelritter Luna on July 02, 2011, 11:14:11 am
...and FFT is no place for children, FFTA proved that.

Childish?! How much darker and more mature can you get than a schoolyard snowball fight monitored by your teacher? ... ...  :roll:

**YELLOW CARD** No having fun! **RED CARD** No interesting characters or story!

:gay: :gay: :gay:

EmmaNigma

The "Hero" of FFTA forcibly removes himself and his friends, especially one who is crippled in the real world but not in Ivalice, back to the real world for no other reason than he feels it's for the best. He is actually the villain of the story. Sounds pretty twisted and adult to me.
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Kaijyuu

Quote from: SilentB on September 13, 2011, 10:50:53 pm
The "Hero" of FFTA forcibly removes himself and his friends, especially one who is crippled in the real world but not in Ivalice, back to the real world for no other reason than he feels it's for the best. He is actually the villain of the story. Sounds pretty twisted and adult to me.

From what I've heard, the localized version has a simplified version of the story. Marche wasn't meant to be a villain protagonist; that's a (rather plausible) alternate interpretation. The original japanese version of the story wasn't so ambiguous.

(all this is hearsay so I could be wrong)