• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:15:02 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Help with Skillset fix for "Draw Out" and "Throw" outside of their native jobs.

Started by DuMa_GaMeR, December 17, 2014, 08:50:19 am

DuMa_GaMeR

Hiya!

I decided to start my patch anew, now really changing and rebalancing almost everything (planning to post it) but i Stumbled on these two hardcoded skillsets.

I'm using Xifanie's skillset fix to make both Samurai and Ninja emulate Squire and Knight respectively. Here, everything works just fine, i can use any skill with them. But then, i wanted to give to the bard job, and Malak's, "Throw" and "Draw Out" Respectively. On this case, the option to use the skills stays unlit, or just don't work at all.

I already tried to make the "Un-Truth" emulate the "Draw out", and tried as well, to emulate the "Throw" with the Bard. It didn't worked.
I also tried to let them "FF" and didn't work too.

PS: The Action Menu is set accordingly with my proposal. (Samurai and Ninja with "Default" [OK]), and (Bard and Hell Knight with "Throw" and "Draw Out"[Not working]).

So, am i making some misuse on the hack? Or is it an issue with my Action Menu ?

PS 2: I hope i made myself clear, These posts here are really putting my english to test!

I may get it from the first time.
Or maybe not.

But Eventually, i'll surpass everyone's expectations...

3lric

Pride, you didn't read the whole message he put. He knows about the generic skillset fix, but is having issues getting certain things to work right.

Wish i could help, but I know nothing at all about ASMs
  • Modding version: PSX

Pride

I know silly but his issue is xiffy's hack not set properly to allow the units access to it.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

3lric

Ah okay, so then he may not be able to do what he is trying to do with the current hack then. Atleast we have an answer :P

DuMa_GaMeR

IS it impossible then, to use throw and draw out in other jobs after the hack is set?
Maybe i could use another unused skillset for the main jobs ("ninja" and "samu") and then give the other classes the original Jump and Throw...
Well, i'm going to run some test then, i'll be back as soon as i have the results!  :mrgreen:

It will be a shame tough, if it turns out impossible to do  :cry:

I'll be back!
Or maybe not.

DuMa_GaMeR

I'm posting again, because it's another day, i hope it's ok  :lol:

So, my endeavor ended with no relevant conclusion.

I tried several things with the ASMs but they didn't work out as planned. So i decided to just kick the two skillsets to outer space, and keep working with 2 original ones.

Anyway thanks for the responses, and unless there's more into it, i'll call this one solved!

Oh, and btw Elric... Still dying for "The Lion War" to come, to play and use it as base patch hahaha :cool: OMG that hype....

Thanks guys!
Or maybe not.