• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:47:27 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Otabo

People still use summoners? Heh. Good match, otherwise.

Elmdork

yuup. summoners are great when you wanna do a lot of damage to a lot of people, without some fancy "strategy" Bahamut, i choose you!

shadowdragon's punching paladin has won my heart. no, i don't think he's perfect, but every time he counters someone with his fist, i raise my hands far above my head and yell "THIS IS SPARTAAA"

gg, gentlemen. i have a revised ladies of the night and a new team i would like to see checked out.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

CT5Holy

I'll do Elmdor's Operation Repo vs ShadowDragon's Honor-Bound and ShadowDragon's Darkness Rises vs silentkaster's Long Live the King within the next few days.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Otabo

January 16, 2014, 11:28:31 pm #2864 Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 11:34:28 pm by Otabo
Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on January 16, 2014, 11:04:33 pm
yuup. summoners are great when you wanna do a lot of damage to a lot of people, without some fancy "strategy" Bahamut, i choose you!

I guess. I don't have a problem with summon magic itself, but summoner class is too damn squishy for my tastes, especially pure damage summoners. Rather run summon magic as a secondary on a scholar or a geomancer or a bard or something. But that's just me. I've never been fond of them in Arena to be honest with you.

Elmdork

thanks ct5 holy! they have alternate fire and ice shields, so hopefully you got my update in time. it's an old gimmick that i never really found useful in fft vanilla, but it actually works out really well in this situation. i'm sure somebody uses the left shield two sword, though i haven't seen it yet.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Zotis

I think Fenire lost the first match because the map layout caused his Summoner to get abandoned.  But good job ShadowDragon15, you're doing well.

Fenire

First off I don't like summoners either, but I love summons and time magic. So summoner was the better choice for a single unit with both skill sets. Secondly the ninja can heal the lancer with the one ton, and the others were just to use excess JP.

Barren

January 17, 2014, 11:16:54 am #2868 Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 11:43:52 am by Barren
Just keep one thing in mind Fenire, RavenOfRazgriz has talked about it before: Its not always necessary to fill your JP cap to 3000 if the rest of the skills you have serve no purpose. Sometimes limiting the AI's options can be a good thing if you want a unit to do something that is only designed to do
You dare cross blades with me?

TrueLight

Quote from: Barren on January 17, 2014, 11:16:54 am
Just keep one thing in Fenire, RavenOfRazgriz has talked about it before: Its not always necessary to fill your JP cap to 3000 if the rest of the skills you have serve no purpose. Sometimes limiting the AI's options can be a good thing if you want a unit to do something that is only designed to do

Agreed. There was a recent AI tournament on Gamefaqs a couple of months ago where players would completely master their unit's primary and secondary job classes. This was a bad idea as units wasted their turns doing pointless actions because there were just too many options. Sometimes it's just better to limit your unit's options to make sure they do their job the way you want them to.
  • Modding version: PSX

Fenire

I will keep the dark element ton and lose the rest. I'll make those changes later today.

ShadowDragon15

January 17, 2014, 12:10:15 pm #2871 Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 02:56:42 pm by ShadowDragon15
updated teams all ready to go... can't wait to see more battles!

@Fenire, we had a good match, watching all 3 battles I know now that my team winning the first was only luck. good match! however, you're updating your team, I've updated my team, so how about a rematch? Returners vs. MLLE.
Strategy is just magical.

Fenire

My new team has been updated. The ninja has finger guard in case the samurai gets charmed. With 40 faith and brave a most reactions would not go off very often.

Malroth

well dark is the most commonly absorbed element so a ninja with only Meiton can be a good healer, but it shouldn't be relied on as a main source of damage.

DomieV

CT5Holy, If you don't mind would you like to give my famous knights a go with a team. I need to know if I need to make any changes to what was once an impressive squad. Maybe it still is?

silentkaster

Good match Shadowdragon15...you really almost had me a couple times. Without that re-raise, you did have me. Poison is a huge problem for that one archer...I'll have to look at that...

GG!
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

ShadowDragon15

January 17, 2014, 08:55:59 pm #2878 Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 09:14:58 pm by ShadowDragon15
GG to you too Silentkaster, I've got my own things to look over as well. may our teams meet again on the field of battle!

EDIT: Darkness Rises should be ready to go now. for good.
Strategy is just magical.

Otabo

I'm starting to like Dudes That Bring Double Trouble. Some equips/setups could be a bit better, but otherwise I like it. Now to do something about Divas. (AGAIN)...