• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Mercenaries: Evtchr Sprite Requests

Started by LastingDawn, November 16, 2008, 11:33:13 am

LastingDawn

November 16, 2008, 11:33:13 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I have been given much assistance from the spriters here and continue to rely on your magnanimous aid. So without further ado...

There are still many, many, evtchr's that have yet to be dealt with. and all of the event scenes in between the battles aren't done because of... well... evtchr's.

Let us take the planned scene of Ramza first becoming a Mercenary, that will take an immense amount of evtchr replacement to have Rad and Gafgarion sitting down at the bar, what to use as reference for this would be the Beowulf and Deep Dungeon scenes, located deep in the evtchr's. The artistic direction from that point on is up to the spriter.

As well, when the crew makes it to Igros, I need an evtchr for Blansch IX's father Blansch VIII, now Blansch himself is quite old, so imagine what this fellow would look like? Heh... Using as base the "First visit to Igros" with Delita, Ramza, and Algus around the table, so just change those three to Lavian, Ramza, and Gafgarion, with Rad standing up, but that won't require an evtchr of course. Dycedarg's part would be Blansch the VIII, for easy remembrance.

Before Igros there is after Mandalia, when the troupe meet Lavian formally, replace Algus with Rad, Ramza with Lavian, and Delita with Gafgarion, Ramza can just stay to the side, he doesn't need any evtchr there.

I think that's all for now, oh yes, a generic Female Dark Knight, if possible as well, feel free of your own choosing for that, they play part in a couple of battles.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

LastingDawn

August 14, 2009, 03:04:50 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm... now that we have actual spriters this topic may get some notice. The Bar event and the After Mandalia event's evtchr are pretty much worked out. Though Blansch the VIII would be a great addition, I could get to work on that event then, once I have all of the evtchr's in place for that.

Aside from that, The event after Dorter (if you recall Rad gets pretty badly beaten) I would love to have him in the Hospital in the Slums map, and just a lying dow, covered up Rad with a pained look on his face would probably suffice.

There are some tools you might want for that though... the Japanese have created an Incredible Evtchr importer and exporter!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/isjbq8

Though the program is in Japanese it is very easy to figure out.

Art of War

MiKeMiTchi

August 14, 2009, 06:46:13 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
^ Can you give us a detailed procedure on what to do?
So we can work it out. :)
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Cheetah

August 14, 2009, 07:29:59 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
What!? I didn't know about this program. Was this info posted anywhere else?
Current Projects:

Zozma

August 14, 2009, 08:02:42 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
what the eventchr thingy? isnt it nice?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

mav

August 14, 2009, 09:38:59 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Quote from: "MiKeMiTchi"^ Can you give us a detailed procedure on what to do?
So we can work it out. :D
What he said.

Looks like things are really in motion now--the excitement is getting to me.

LastingDawn

August 15, 2009, 12:12:02 am #6 Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 10:51:02 pm by LastingDawn
Alright, now the first few events have been pretty well to go for... ages now (except the Bar event, that's still Cheetah's brain work, the longer it takes the better it will be) Aside from a slight fix to the Meet Lavian evtchr event, which we will get to in time, we can make do wth what we have here, and that's meeting the Hokuten Council (Or... Gallione Triumvirate),

I will need three new portraits, one for each of the Gallione Triumvirate.

The leader of the Triumvirate is Blethin Blansch VIII, a celebrated war general who is getting on in years. A scandal shortly after the ending of the Fifty Year War cost him his noble standing. When word had gotten out that he had his wife killed so he could marry her niece, his reputation was ruined, though he still held very high clout in the government. The Gallione Triumvirate was once led by Balbanes Beoulve, though when he died Dycedarg Beoulve was Advisor to Lord Larg and Zalbag Beoulve was leader of the Order of the Northern Sky's army, so the position fell to Blethin. His son, Blansch IX, has never forgiven him for what he had done to his mother and tries to avoid contact with him at all costs. He has called Gafgarion, an old friend of his, on matters of his son's recent activities.

Blethin is a very aged man, with a withered face and furrowed brow, his hair is curled up and put into a bun, similar to the style of the bygone Oracles of a past age. He wears very expensive and fancy robes and a very tall hat.

Similar to...

http://www.kongming.net/i/?game=11&path=/i/p/port_lg/&image=Created-Male-099.jpg&width=255&height=255

The oldest member of the triumvirate is Marin Forthel, she has watched over the lands of Gallione under the Larg family twenty years before the Fifty Years War, she was responsible for much of the defense planning of Gallione when it came under attack, a devout believer of the Glabados Faith, she is rumored to have been the one to suggest the falling bridge strategy to the young High Confessor Funeral, even though she had always denied credit for it. She had twelve children in her youth and four husbands throughout her life, yet she has outlived them all. Her devotion to the well being of her province is second to none. She has a personal dislike for Gafgarion and mercenaries altogether, she believes that Faram and the law should be the ones to mete out justice. Of the three the  people look to her for council.

Marin is extraordinarily old, yet still kicking. For the past 40 years she has hidden herself in a veil, ashamed of how her body has decayed with the passage of time, she is only seen wearing heavy and baggy robes that one would be shocked to find an aged noble lady underneath.

(No picture for this one, sorry)

The youngest member of the triumvirate is a wordy and bookish man named Zefane Timerius. A man raised on vice and want alone. He is the son of a nefarious nobleman by the name of Lord Gleros Gilford who forbade his consorts to name his children after hs family. This boy was his favorite of his 27 illegitimate children, he doted on him especially giving him everything he had ever wanted. In essence he had created another version of himself. In a grab for power Gleros put his son as the head of the Triumvirate when Balbanes Beoulve met his end. Though he was at first accepted, he immediately caused disruptions of order in Gallione through absurd charters that varied from territory to territory. In Gariland the enforced charter made it that only Magic Users could live in the walls of the city, thereby creating the infamous "Gariland Ghettos", noblemen were excluded in this charter. In Dorter he created a charter that forced men and women to live apart to curb the over population problem in the city. The hammer came when he tried to enforce a charter on Igros which would make the common people living there, slaves of the nobility, as "indentured servants", for five years to fuel the rebuilding process of Gallione after the Fifty Years War. With this move he caught Dycedarg Beoulve's ire. Dycedarg petitioned the throne to have him removed as leader of the Gallione Triumvirate. The petition succeeded and he was to be removed. Though just as his father was mounting a defense against all of this, he died of a sudden heart attack. Zefane stood down on his own accord and allowed Blethin Blansch as the official leader. In the present day he attends these meetings as ways to pass the time, but does not really give much say into things. He is notably one of the head backers of the Lesalia Laboratories.

Zefane is many years younger then the others, with a full head of short hair, though slightly greying. He has a wiry look about him and a consistent smirk on his plain looking face. He wears a white lab coat, though he is not a scientist, as he spends much of his free time at the Lesalia Laboratories.

His look should be similar to...

Wow, a lot of work for characters that show up for only one scene... hopefully Zefane and Marin will be in a couple of sidequests.

Art of War

MiKeMiTchi

August 15, 2009, 12:50:57 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
This is some work.
We can do this! Give us some time.

I won't be around the next few days,
but hope that I have finished something.

mav

August 15, 2009, 12:54:26 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Interesting stuff--I mean, my goodness the mini biographies for these characters are spectacular!

Anyhow, I have a feeling that Marin's and Zefane's portraits will be doable with a lot more ease than Blansch's, though all three will likely be a bit more challenging than what I've done so far. You've done a great job detailing their looks and providing pictures, I just have a couple questions: what are the ages of all the characters (doesn't necessarily have to be exact, but it might help those making portraits) and what kind of veil and robes does Marin wear? I don't want to end up giving her something like a Burqa, when that's not necessarily what you want.

LastingDawn

August 15, 2009, 01:06:10 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah, well Zefane is in his early 30's. Marin is early 90's, Blethin is 68. The robes are... hmm... something very heavy looking, with a lot of padding, the Veil should actually come down from the top, not showing her face clearly at all (not even sure if that's possible...) if that doesn't work a Burqa is fine.

Art of War

MiKeMiTchi

August 15, 2009, 02:19:35 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Do you also need sprites? Yes, right?

So, where will we base their looks (regarding their sprite)?
Imagination? haha.

The last character can be done.

LastingDawn

August 15, 2009, 02:45:28 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah, well basically the template set up in the description would be the preferred version. But as of now just those frames, for that evtchr up there would suffice, though if anyone would like to go the extra mile for Marin or Zefane I would be pretty appreciative.

Art of War

mav

August 16, 2009, 04:37:34 pm #12 Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 01:06:23 pm by mav
Current Work In Progress: Blethin Blansch VIII

For the sake of keeping things somewhat organized, I'll just keep updating this post, with the latest version being the visible attachments, and all others being in spoilers. Scratch that, apparently I deleted the other versions...whoops...

LastingDawn

August 16, 2009, 04:40:19 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Whoa! That is good! He looks as old and withered as I had hoped and you even managed to fit in the hairbun!

Art of War

Cheetah

August 17, 2009, 09:16:31 am #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Very good looking portrait. The shading on the robes just looks one color short, especially with all that black around the rim.
Current Projects:

mav

August 17, 2009, 12:03:32 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Yeah, I'll have the black changed out on my next upload. What color should his robes be? I've been going through a handful of colors trying to figure out what comes of as both refined and colorful...Yellow was my first choice, but picking the right shades of yellow is a little tough. Right now I have him wearing a sort of dark teal color, but will that come off as elegant? I'll post Version 3 in a bit...

LastingDawn

August 17, 2009, 01:16:03 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I like the robe he has currently, but perhaps it might be best to see the third one before I judge this one.

Art of War

mav

August 17, 2009, 01:23:47 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Technically that was the third version, but I'll give a sort of re-post of the second version--i.e. the one with the yellow robe.

Cheetah

August 17, 2009, 07:26:59 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Mix in some of the darkest shade that you have on the rest of him into the robe to see if it looks better. Three shades just isn't doing the trick for some reason.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

August 18, 2009, 02:51:21 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
To be honest, that Zefane looks like he is from future ;) And besides, is he a gay? In one photo he looks like one, bu it's just my opinion here.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown