• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:39:15 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Official Sprite Contest: Alma Gets a Job

Started by Cheetah, July 04, 2011, 02:13:49 pm

CONMAN

• Modding version: PSX

Eternal

I love that sprite, CONMAN. Ivalician weight-loss surgery isn't as advanced as it used to be...
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Wolfran

Good job, everyone. I'm glad that are you interested in this ^^.
Btw I'll post my alma's version in a few more days, It'll be problably the most hilarious sprite I ever done. And have a great time and Good luck.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Lijj

Good stuff so far.. I think I've got an idea now.
There's still plenty time so.. I'll get to it soon enough

RedWorld

OMG Kage. Your sprite makes me laugh. xD Actually, a lot of these bring me happiness! ^_^ Anyway, my submission!

Alma - Vocaloid

Alma has been a cleric in the past and in the worlds she traveled to along with her brother Ramza, everyone has loved her very much. She is dead now, but someone has brought her back to life again! Maybe not exactly as a human, but as a pop-star robot known as a Vocaloid! Now she can be loved for an eternity by not only her healing magic, but her voice as well. Her number is 7/24, representing her birthday.

I have found the sprites on spriters-resource.com (was too lazy to use Shishi. LOL!)

Alma (Squaresoft/Enix) - Head and Colors
Female Squire (Squaresoft/Enix) - Dress
Dancer (Squaresoft/Enix) - Shoulders
Female Mime (Squaresoft/Enix) - Boots, Bow, and Sleeves

"Dear God, what's it like in your funny little brains? It must be boring." - Sherlock Holmes

Kagebunji

Her head is bigger than the rest of the body, that is kinda unproportional, haha. Glad you like the Dancer.

Can't wait to see more people's ideas.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

st4rw4k3r

July 05, 2011, 04:50:49 pm #26 Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 05:19:39 pm by st4rw4k3r
Job Title: CatMa Sith
Source: Twinees Cait Sith Sprite ideas, Alma (Square)

Here you go, as promised the fix CaitMa Sith.

Cheetah

No need to post a zoomed in version now, just the 100%. I will make standardized zoomed previews when the time comes for voting.

As a general tip I never use any of the graphic program's zoom/expand functions because they always smooth them out. I usually just manually zoom to 300% and then take a screen shot. That preserves the pixelation
Current Projects:

RandMuadDib

I lol'd forever at Malmboro, Almabot 9001, and Quecklma
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

CONMAN

July 06, 2011, 11:27:51 am #29 Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 10:09:30 pm by CONMAN
I may have made a poor choice on the bikini- but then big girls/Alma often make poor wardrobe choices as well....  
now retouched=crappily

Kagebunji

Everyone are doing Monster Almas, so I decided to do one as well. Alma as Hulk! Base sprite was Belias, then I started changing various thing here and there, most noticeable are arms, also made the legs slimmer etc. Used Altima's chest and modified it as well. I know Hulk was either green or gray, but this color works better in terms of contrast.

Cheetah

Current Projects:

Joseph Strife

Man, it sure looks great, awesome job kangebunji  :shock:
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Cheetah

@Conman & St4r: I'm not sure about how you are trying to change Alma's skin tone right now. I would recommend either changing the palette of the moster to a normal skin tone, that would be interesting, or do what Kage did and match her skin to that of the monster.
Current Projects:

st4rw4k3r

I'm putting a lighty transparent color over here head so it matchs with the monster. Malmoro is lighty pink. I did that because, her hair and skin are the same colour of the malboro's teeth. So a colour that matchs will with green is red, but alma wouldn't look good in red, so I did pink. Turned out well, imo.

I did get a few recommendations to make the monster same skin colour as alma's to make it more creepy.

Lijj

Good stuff Kage Alma really is a she hulk there.

Celdia

Job Title: White Cleric
Sources: Alma (SQUARE), White paletted Alma (I forget who did it but it was someone on FFT here - let me know and I'll credit you properly), Male Priest (SQUARE, for palette)

This is an old idea I never bothered to work on because it was just too niche to bother. As above, I forget who did the white palette version of Alma but I loved how it looked and kind of wanted to put her into my patch with that palette...and I just never got around to it. To fit the contest I thought I'd use that as a base for a White Mage hybrid for Alma. I took the orange colors from the original Priest sprite and even put that on her bow, though it does lose a little something since I can't shade a sprite to save my life. This was really just a quick and dirty submission. I think I spent like...5 minutes on this, tops. >.>
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Kokojo

Job Title: Dark Alma
Source: Mando & CidIII Cecil Sprite, Alma (Square)

A little thing I had to do for lovy little alma. When Ramza told her to go undercover, she forgot some important details.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Kagebunji

Nice submission Celdia, those symbols look especially good on her. I have no idea what to add more to make her even more special.

I told you everything on chat, Kokojo. I will look forward to next version.