• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:07:39 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

DESPERATION

Started by Taichii, January 17, 2012, 02:02:12 am

MysticKnightFF5

Actually, I think it best if me and st4r's characters made that decision rather than us.

Taichii

yes yes i understand luna :)
sorry XD
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

MysticKnightFF5

Anyways, do we have enough to begin?

formerdeathcorps

We have 4 people, but we have 6 characters.  It's Taichii's call, but I'm ready to write in any case.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

st4rw4k3r

January 17, 2012, 11:51:40 pm #24 Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:45:36 pm by st4rw4k3r
-Name: Mother
-Gender/Sex: Female
-Race: Human
-Personality:
Very kind and understanding, but also quite blunt. Acts motherly at times.
-Appearance/Clothing:
She wears a long Red Robe. Long Wavy Silver hair.
-History/Background/Motivation/Goals:
Mother lived her entire life in the church, everyone was her family. She rose to the rank of Bishop, where she stayed with her church for 2 years, until it was burned down. Mother never went back to another church. She believed that if one were to truly do such a thing, theres no point to stay in one area and help all that come by. She must head to all areas and help people, spread kindness and love.

-Name: Sir McCloud, Cipher McCloud
-Gender/Sex: Male
-Race: Human
-Personality:
Can't think outside the one task at hand, and only follows as Mother says. He is very kind, but rarely shows emotion, and basically requires Mother's help to lead him through life.
-Appearance/Clothing:
Almost always is wearing Full Plate, with a sword and shield by his side. Short red hair.
-History/Background/Motivation/Goals:
McCloud devoted his entire life to protecting Mother so that she may continue her quest.
McCloud, son of a knight, was saved by the church when his father died in battle.
There he was raised as a Knight of The Church.
When Mother, his best friend, left to go on a journey, McCould vowed to protect her at all costs.

Dokurider

January 18, 2012, 03:55:33 am #25 Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:14:55 pm by Dokurider
Clayton
Male
Human
25ish

Job: Illusionist/Illusion Arts
Description: Illusionists have the ability to create light, sounds and sensations.
It has no casting time and it's MP use is small. However, the more quickly an illusionist has to cast his illusions, the less detail he can add into the illusion. Illusions are purely perceptional; they cannot have a direct physical effect. They cannot be used to light up a cave, damage eardrums, or be picked up on camera. Light and sound have reasonable ranges, but sensation magic is too complex to be cast and maintained over a distance. It must be cast via direct touch. Casting via secondary contact (touching someone with something) is also effective, but diminishes quickly over distance.

Major Tactics:
Camouflage: Blend into your surrounding. The higher your perception of the envirnoment, the more effective Camouflage is. Movement causes blurring.
Disguise: Use illusions to disguise yourself. Be aware of lighting.
Debalance: Sensation illusion throws off the target's balance. Must be touching.
Numbness: Target cannot feel pain. Useful for poisoning the target. Must be touching.
Image: Create an mirror image of oneself. Watch for lighting.
Flurry: Creates mirror images of your attack, making it difficult to avoid.
Wound: Adds extra pain and creates the illusion of worse wound. Must of touching.
Communicate: Communicates with allies via illusions.

Secondary: Toxic Arts
The identification, creation and application of poisons. Methods of application include gas smoke bombs, injection, food and water poisoning, coating weapons with poison and splashing poisons on fresh wounds. Poisons must be mixed with it's method of application before use except for poison splashing. Mixing takes up one turn.

Major Tactics:
Gas Bomb: Throw a bomb that throws out a lingering poison gas cloud.
Injection: Uses a syringe to directly inject poison into a target
Poison Coat: Coats weapon with poison
Poison Splash: If target is wounded, splash poison onto their wounds.

Innates:
Poison Resistance: Unit is resistant to poison.

Appearance: TBA

Background: Clayton was a illegitimate child of a powerful family of assassins specializing in poison. His father had eloped with a commoner, which was strictly forbidden and was hunted down and killed. A newborn Clayton was only spared because the family desperately needed a heir. Unfortunately, his mother's blood diluted his poison assassin abilities, specifically, his poison resistance is low compared to his family. However, he in exchange, picked up a talent for the Illusion Arts.

One day, his family home was attacked by a rival family and was wiped out. Clayton was nearly killed himself, but managed to fool the rival family into believing he is currently dead. He is now in hiding, taking jobs as an assassin/spy, and plotting revenge against his family's killers.

Ryqoshay

January 18, 2012, 05:58:12 am #26 Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:55:25 pm by Ryqoshay
Name: Anita Scythryn Zainthrony
Aka: Needa (self-referral)
Birth Name: Unknown
Role: Ranged Caster
Class: ...
Race: Human...?
Height: 4' 2"
Weight: 67 lb
Eyes: Slate (left) Obsidian (right)
Hair: Sable
Skin: Deathly Pale
Appearance: Wears white clerical vestments with yellow and gold trimmings. Proudly displays a sizable silver cross as a pendant. Hair falls loosely past shoulder blades, though she ties off a small ponytail high on the left side of her head, often adorned with a flower. Uses a set of manacles as a belt, off which several daggers of various types hang sheathed, as well as much of her supplies. Carries a stuffed panda in her arms. Strapped to her back is a large, well-crafted scythe with intricate runes covering its blade.
Personality: Extremely hyper emotional. She is well aware of the fact that she can appear cute and helpless and has no qualms about using that to her advantage in or out of battle.
Backstory: Anita was born in Ithanburg, a small town largely ignored by much of the kingdom. It was here that several practitioners of the darker arts found refuge and their continual studies and rituals saturated the area with an almost palpable aura. Anita's mother's bloodline was particularly sensitive to magic so the girl was born steeped in demonic energies.
When she was about three or four, one of the young mages lost control of their spells and the town found itself under siege by undead forces. By the time the military arrived, the town was lost. Strangely, Anita was the lone survivor. She latched onto the general, calling him "Mama," which confused him greatly, but he did not correct her. He immediately sensed something in her.
As a powerful mage himself, the general soon theorized why Anita had been spared; the young girl emitted an aura of black magic that the mindless creatures mistook for being one of their own. He believed her to be a powerful source of dark energies and wanted to use it himself. He began to study ancient spells and rituals that would transfer her power into him.
Anita tolerated being subjected to the experiments and rituals because in her eyes, he was still the man who had saved her and now took care of her. She was actually happy to be able to assist her precious Mama.
The spells twisted her mind and turned one of her eyes black, but the worst side effect would not be noticeable until years later.
The general was partially successful in tapping some of Anita's potential, but found even he could not handle taking it all. He learned that he could only use her power if she was within a certain range, so he started bringing her along, as a portable battery of sorts. She was thrilled.
However, fortune did not favor the general and not long after, he fell in battle. His infamous scythe that had cut down countless foes would never slay again, for with his dying breath he gave it a new purpose.
The soldiers of the opposing force thought they were rescuing a helpless girl, but she refused to leave her Mama's side. A man who was used to dealing with children hefted her onto his shoulders despite her protests and the group made their way back to camp. They never could, however, pry the scythe out of the girl's death grip.
She made her escape one night and has wandered ever since. Occasionally, the loneliness will win over and she will find a group of travelers to attach herself to. She will designate one of them as "Mama" and begin worming her way into their hearts. She may stay with a group a year, two, or even three, but always leaves before they notice anything strange. Often, she fakes her own death so as to avoid the group searching for her later.
She has lived a beggar and has limited ability to live off the land, but she ultimately prefers the company of others whenever possible.
At one point, she was found by a group of bandits who used her cuteness as a lure for travelers along the road. When people stopped to question why a girl her age was out alone on the road, the bandits would strike. Life was good for several years until a local militia stumbled across the bandit hideout. Anita wanted to help her friends, but lacked combat skills. Her frustration grew and suddenly, tendrils of condensed dark magic sprung up across the battlefield. The chilling tentacles quickly surrounded, attacked and entangled anyone in reach and caused heavy losses on both sides. Terrified, Anita fled back into the wilderness.
In the years since, she has learned to harness the dark energies within her. She is still learning, but she becomes more proficient the more she uses her magicks. Whenever she learns some new ability, she hones it, tweaks it and makes it her own, leaving her with a rather unique set. These powers give her a sense of pride because she knows she can be of use to parties she joins now, instead of simply freeloading.
So now, the loneliness has driven her, once again, to seek out a new Mama...
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

Taichii

thank you for joining Ryqoshay and Dokurider :)

"Desperation"

efrate

so would each NPC then take a portion of the plot and rp that out, depending on time and stuff I might work out my empath and use it to solidify ideas before I transition it to 3.5 dnd.  PM me or post the message here, fdc mentioned it in chat briefly and it seems like a solid idea, but ya'lls call.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Taichii

XD mind my slow brain for the matter Xd but i misunderstood some of your messages XD
anyway.. disregard everything that i said except that Characters definitely has diff. stories but will eventually meet up in the middle.. they can meet anyone in the character list but they should also follow the main plot.. and also.. ask FDC for more info as he is the original maker of this RP XD we just changed the characters except FDC and me i think but we will be adding new things XD thank you.. i hope you can join the RP XD

"Desperation"

formerdeathcorps

January 18, 2012, 12:05:48 pm #30 Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:14:12 pm by formerdeathcorps
Quote from: Taichii on January 18, 2012, 10:34:43 am
anyway.. disregard everything that i said except that Characters definitely has diff. stories but will eventually meet up in the middle.. they can meet anyone in the character list but they should also follow the main plot..

That is what usually happens, since it is definitely more fun that way (and the story usually tries to link the causes behind everyone's trouble, giving reason for a common cause), but the characters needn't "meet up" permanently since it's very possible for someone to RP as an antagonist or the occasional traveler who flits in and out of the "group" while influencing the world through their solitary actions.  However, I do discourage people from taking long extended sidequests unless they can involve more than just themselves.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

st4rw4k3r

MysticKnightFF5

FDC, you forgot to post your character sheet.

st4rw4k3r

you don't have to post your character.
or make a character sheet.

MysticKnightFF5

...then how will we know anything about these characters? I.E. How they look?

st4rw4k3r

Well. You can describe it in game.

MysticKnightFF5

Updated my character sheets to now have 9000% MORE PICTURES
PICTURES HERE AND THERE
OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND PICTURES

st4rw4k3r

interesting way of counting there, 0... 1... 9001!

Taichii

hohohoho :)
FDC, that's right :))

st4r .. yep it started and i think its your turn to post. :))

"Desperation"

st4rw4k3r

I'm going to hop in in a better place and time, if that is okay