• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Shadow Panther

Started by SentinalBlade, April 22, 2009, 12:41:36 pm

SentinalBlade

April 22, 2009, 12:41:36 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade

Shadow Panther: A Wispy and Evasive form of shadow, mostly seen in deserts and plains at nightfall. Few have made appearances to menace townspeople during daylight.

Shadow Panther is basically a dark-aligned cat, with a half-collar(as in it doesnt wrap all teh way around) and juts out into spikes.

Purpose of this post is to come up with at least 3 UNIQUE abilities(one for each variation), and the monster skill for this thing.

His pallete is not final(as of now i hate it). but the other 2 versions are more purple with red spikes, and the last variation is a bit green with blue spikes.

Skip, this is where you step up :)

Edit: I am taking suggestiosn on what to do with the tail... maybe ad a shuriken type wheel at the end? scythe? i dunno, something interesting please.

Xifanie

April 22, 2009, 12:49:01 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
can't see a damn thing... give it a transparent or white background and save in a decent format.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

KazeKasano

April 22, 2009, 01:21:25 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
Kinda reminds me of some designs for panthers in Dirge of Cerberus.
I like it so far, but I also agree with Zodiac.
We will build cities in a day, we will build towers to the heavens. We will be heroes.
This sleeping city doesn't know what's coming. She doesn't feel the heat.
Even when the darkness surrounds us, we shall light up the night.

philsov

April 22, 2009, 01:21:35 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Status Betrayal:

Cancels any positive status on the target(s), and adds on their negative counterpart.  MA + Y%.

Haste -> Slow
Protect -> Don't Act
Shell -> Don't Move
Reraise -> Death Sentence
Regen -> Poison

Devour -- Deal 100% damage and heal self for that much.  MA + Y%.

Pounce -- Long-range PA-based ability which also causes knockback.

Regarding the tail, I'm leaning toward a scorpion-esque stinger, though it may be too manticore like at that point, dunno.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

SentinalBlade

April 22, 2009, 01:32:20 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Ill try that tail ideaout philsov. Also, i like several of those idea, but is the first one possible without ASM?

I noticed what zodiac is talking about, but on a white or transparent background, the shawdowed pixels show, whereas on a map like mandalia that part blends in, but helps with the overall image. if i just did it on a white background, it would look edgey and unsmooth.

Also, its blurry cause of photoshops Scaling Transformations... Asmo showed me how to do it in paint to prevent blurriness, but ill post a new image after i finish the walking and a few attack poses.

Skip Sandwich

April 22, 2009, 01:37:56 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
i'm partial to the idea that as one goes further down the length of the tail, there is more and more exposed bone/exoskeleton, which finally ends in some sort of spike or barb

Anyway, on to abilities, here's some initial ideas

Innate Concentrate, Caution, Cannot Enter Water
Element: Immune Dark, Half Fire, Half Thunder, Weak Water

Pounce: uses poison nail animation, basic attack, range 2v3

Coffin Nail: randomly inflict non-monster unit with Slow, Don't Move, and/or Don't Act

Swoop: Inflict Float and Haste on self
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

philsov

April 22, 2009, 01:41:38 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
QuoteAlso, i like several of those idea, but is the first one possible without ASM?

I dunno how the cancel X add Y deal works, much less for multiple statii.  I suppose a "seperate" flag may suffice...
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

SilvasRuin

April 22, 2009, 02:47:47 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Depending on what you do with invisibility:

Shadowmeld:  Heals self and adds invisibility.

Basically the idea would be to allow it to melt into the shadows, recover a little, and ambush you afterwards.

akwikone

April 27, 2009, 11:29:13 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akwikone
I like devour, but it's kinda broken, that is if it's availible to the player, if it is I would say more of a cannablize skill, it's basicaly devour but you can only target allies, but I don't know how well the AI would use it...

also, for the tail, if it looks like it would have a use(like it having a scorpion stinger or shuriken)then it should probably be used in its action animation(like how the bombs have the special self destruct animation)

Goomba

April 27, 2009, 11:32:07 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
Yeah, I thought it was impossible to add a status and then take one away at the same time?

SentinalBlade

April 29, 2009, 09:42:59 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Im not sure. maybe if you use the "seperate" flag and select reraise and poison. it might cancel the reraise if you already have it, if not, it might give it to you....which is a bit to risky to put it in a serious move... =(