• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Can we skip the politics with 1.3 already?

Started by Ansehelm, July 29, 2017, 10:32:25 pm

Nyzer

QuoteIf someone loses their mind over ... someone else being an asshole then you don't want that person in your community.

I'd rather just not have the asshole in the community at that point.

QuoteYou need a mechanism to weed out thin-skinned types because otherwise everyone spends their time sniping at each other and backstabbing, and no time doing whatever it is your community is intended to do.

So blocking the entire team of admins from doing anything and supposedly having the site under the control of a ban-happy ex-member hellbent on a childish revenge - for multiple days - is the opposite of unproductive?

I feel like your experiences are isolated from the greater whole of reality and aren't really indicative of any realistic expectations.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

nitwit

Quote from: nyzer on August 06, 2017, 04:20:57 pm
I'd rather just not have the asshole in the community at that point.

Point out an internet community without assholes.

Quote from: nyzer on August 06, 2017, 04:20:57 pm
So blocking the entire team of admins from doing anything and supposedly having the site under the control of a ban-happy ex-member hellbent on a childish revenge - for multiple days - is the opposite of unproductive?

I feel like your experiences are isolated from the greater whole of reality and aren't really indicative of any realistic expectations.

It depends on the site.  One that doesn't get a lot of activity would benefit from the attention, especially as inactive members here about the "coup" and come in.  This is magnified when they realize it's a joke.

And given the nature of Voldemort, it shouldn't be simply revenge.  It should be some grandiose plan that has no chance of ever working.  Something that will get people arguing over its merits and feasibility.

It's not like we can't write down notes in text files and post them later.

3lric

Quote from: nitwit on August 06, 2017, 03:47:45 pm
Even just downloading someone's mod and playing it through to the end should get a minor badge.

K, here's your badge
  • Modding version: PSX

Bonesy

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386