• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:22:40 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT: HyperDrive (WIP)

Started by theultrawolf, November 09, 2015, 03:26:57 am

theultrawolf

November 09, 2015, 03:26:57 am Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 03:51:46 am by theultrawolf
Final Fantasy Tactics: HYPERDRIVE

(I'll post a real logo soon)

A project 4 years in the making.

FFT: HyperDrive is a patch that I've been working on at various speeds and proficiency over the years, but now, with enough time to really put some work into this mod, and a desire to actually see it go somewhere since I've played and completed most of the other mods that are available for this game, I'm going to see it through. The main goal of this patch is essentially a hard-type mod; I really enjoy having a lot of difficulty in games like these and I find the frustration makes getting new things more exciting. That being said, many events, characters, jobs, and almost all items have been changed and or are going to be changed. Items will have essential roles to play and few now actually able to be purchased, making you have to hunt and work towards better equipment. Specials will have unique abilities that distinguish them from generics, instead of just being damage houses with ROFLCOPTER stats. The Deep Dungeon will be hell, and I long to make it the hardest rendition of that famous 10 floor dungeon yet, with battles that are only barely possible, along with a final boss that will make you think that vanilla solo Wiegraf is the easiest FF battle to date. I'm in the process of changing the beloved script to give it a more Vagrant Story/Tactics Ogre feel without all of that Shakespearean crap in it, and I'm going to change quite a few plot elements that are going to make the basic story essentially drastically change, yet the game will for the most part remain the same, as I believe in making a realistic (yet ridiculously hard) patch, and not FFT 2. There's...other...patches that attempt to bring a "difficulty", to this game, but I consider them rather uninteresting and it's my goal to make a patch that will both interest you and challenge you immensely, and so to that end I will say that this is not a "balancing", patch, St. Ajora knows there's been a large amount of those, with only a select few being worth the playthrough. I don't expect to receive any support, but any help received would be greatly appreciated, and I'll push this project to completion with or without assistance.
All of that being said:

I will release a demo patch when I feel enough of the events are done well enough that I want to share them with the community. I'm working on them nearly daily, and they'll be done soon enough.

Current status:
Editing player jobs/abilities
Editing ENTD/Events.
Editing script.

To do:
Editing EVTCHR's.
Editing Poach.
Editing effects.
Still some ASM hacks.

Completed:
Editing items.
Deep dungeon battles.
Most storyline battles.
Most animations.
Enemy jobs.
Changing weapon formulas.
Most player sprites/WLDFACE/UNIT.bins
Attack.OUT edits.

I'll be updating changes as I go, because there are quite a few, and it's hard to list all of them in one sitting because
I've changed it over the years but I'll list a few to start off with.

(EDIT: I'm going to start making edits on an entirely new ISO and start changes over again because everything is messy as hell. Going through multiple different FFText/FFTPatch files is annoying.)

Job Changes

Squire (I like this for the most part)

Squire > Warrior. I have TO:Luct for the PSP to thank as inspiration for this. I wanted a class that focuses mainly on its
weapon, being diverse in all kinds of physical abilities, but being "meh" at magic, therefore being the perfect
start to a physically-oriented person.
Abilities:
-A-
Stand Ground: Inflicts "Defend" on an ally. AOE: 0. Range: 2. MP: 0. Non-elemental. JP 150.
Cast Stones: Essentially the same as vanilla. No JP cost, however, as well increased range. AOE: 0. Range 8.
Berserk Slash: Attacks all around the unit for reduced damage. AOE: 1. Range: 0. Non-elemental. JP 250.
Mighty Impact: Attack for slightly increased damage. 100% hit. AOE/Range: Weapon. Non-element. JP 300.
Double Attack: Physically attack twice with a lower hit rate. AOE/Range: Weapon's. JP 300.
First Aid: Restores a small amount of HP and MP to allies. AOE: 0. Range: 2. Non-element. JP 100.
Cheer Up: Raises Brave by 1 point. Note that permanent Brave alteration has been removed. Range: 3. AOE 0. JP 250.
-R/S/M-
Two Hands: Equips a weapon with two hands. This is essentially the same as vanilla, but with reduced JP cost.
Weapon Guard: Blocks with W/EV. It has a higher JP cost than other mods, at 300 JP.
Move +1: Increases move. This has a reduced JP cost.
Rail Against: Verbally assaults enemies for reduced damage. Max range: 10.  This has no JP cost.
Equip Change: Same as vanilla.

Chemist (I'm gonna change them)

Chemist is unchanged due to its fundamental role. However, its abilities have been severely tweaked.
It no longer is equipped with "Throw Item". (a possible requirement of a Slingshot item would be awesome though
that would probably require quite a bit of ASM)
Abilities:
-A-
Potion: Same as vanilla. HP Res 40. JP 0.
Hi-Potion: Different. HP Res 80. JP 100.
Ether: Different than vanilla: MP Res 60. JP 0.
Turbo Potion: New. HP/MP Res 100. JP 300.
Muddy Eye: Cures stone. JP 100.
Panacea: Cures berserk/confusion. JP 100.
Poultice: Cures Don't Act/Don't Move. JP 100.
Cureall: Cures Poison/Darkness/Oil/Slow/Sleep. JP 200.
Lilith's Kiss: Cures Frog/Chicken. JP 100.
Holy Water: Cures Undead/Blood Suck/Death Sentence. JP 200.
Phoenix Down: Revives a unit. JP 0.
-R/S/M-
Auto Potion: Uses a basic potion whenever injured. JP 150.
Throw Item: Allows one to throw items to distant locations. JP 200.
Move-Find Item: Same as vanilla. JP 100.
Equip Gun: Allows one to equip guns. JP 300.

Knight (NEW and Improved)

Knight's names are unchanged, but their ability set has been altered completely. They now
have growth and abilities reminiscent of a cross between the Paladin in FFTA and the Knight in TO.
New skillset: Chivalry
Abilities:
-A-
Parley - Chance to cancel charging and performing. JP 150.
Sanctuary - Inflicts Don't Move/Don't Act on all Undead units in range. AOE 2. JP 250.
Disarm Strike: Breaks enemy's weapon. Range/AOE: Weapon's. JP 400.
Null Treatise: Removes "Invite" and "Charm". Range 2. AOE 0. MP 10. JP 200.
Phalanx: Wall status on self. Duration: 2 turns. Range/AOE: Self. JP 300.
Treat Wounds: Heals HP around user. Range Self. AOE 1. MP 8. JP 100.
Guardian Force: Protect/Reflect on allies in AOE. AOE 2. JP 300.
-R/S/M-
Equip Armor: Equips armor and helmets. JP 400
Equip Sword: Equip swords and knight swords. JP 300.
Caution: Instant defend when attacked. JP 200.

Priest (Might change, too close to vanilla)

White Magic > Priest Magic. Why? Just because!
New Skillset: Priest Magic
Abilities:
-A-
Cure - Cures a moderate amount of HP. Power 25. Range 4. AOE 0. JP 100.
Major Cure - Cures some HP to an area. Power 20. Range 3. AOE 1. JP 200.
Surging Balm - Gives "Regen" status. Range 3. AOE 1. JP 250.
Spiritsurge - Deals light damage. Power 24. Range 4. AOE 0. JP 200.
Star Tiara - Deals light damage to all enemies. Removes undead. Power 18. JP 400.
Mysticism - Gives self faith status. Range Self. AOE 0. JP 200.
Exorcism - Turns undead into crystal. Range/AOE: Weapon's. JP 300.
Revive - Heals an ally for 25% max HP. 100%. JP 200.
Reraise - same as vanilla, reduced range. JP 300.
Ease - Removes status effects. Less effective than Esuna. JP 250.
Prostasia - Basically protect, but without AOE. JP 100.
Barrier - Basically shell, but without AOE. JP 150.
Holy - Deals heavy holy damage. MP 44. Range 4. AOE 0. JP 500.
-R/S/M-
Regenerator: Gains instant regen on hit. JP 200.
Spell Defense: Same as Mag Def UP, lesser paramaters. JP 300.
Accrue HP: Gain HP when you move. Slightly less than move HP up. JP 250.
Levitate: Grants float status. JP 150.

Wizard (Also might change, I find it similar to...THAT patch)

It's the same thing with the wizard: Black > Wizard Magic.
Wizard Magic
Abilities:
-A-
Napalm: Deals fire damage, adds oil. Range 4, AOE 0. JP 100.
Tri-Fire: Deals fire damage randomly in an area. Range 3, AOE 1. JP 200.
Thunderbolt: Deals heavy lightning damage. Range 4, AOE 0. JP 150.
Solid Shock: Moderate lightning damage to an area. Can cause stop. Range 3, aoe 1. JP 250.
Blizzard: Heavy ice damage to an area. Can cause Slow. Range 3, aoe 2. JP 350.
Dark Chant: Heavy, non evadeable dark damage. Can cause undead. Range 3. aoe 0. JP 300.
Vortex: Moderate wind damage to an area. Can cause float. Float = weak to wind. Range 3, aoe 2. JP 400.
Tremor: Deals heavy earth damage in an area close to self. Range: 0, AOE 2. JP 400.
Explosion: Heavy non elemental damage. Can remove charging, performing. Range 3, AOE 0. JP 400.
Morph: Turns into a frog or chicken. Range 3, AOE 0. JP 200.
Dark Holy: Deals very heavy dark damage. Range 4, AOE 0. JP 500.
-R/S/M-
MA Save: Increases MA by 1. JP 300.
Geomancy: Strengthens all elements. JP 200.
Spellcraft: Same as M-Defense Up with reduced parameters, only increasing ATK. JP 300.
Accrue MP: Gain MP when you move. Slightly less than Move MP UP. JP 250.

Holy Knight (I do like this however)

Holy Knight > Warden (For Agrias' replacement). This is for slight storyline editing.
Holy Knight > Chevalier (For Delita) He has different abilities than this that you'll see yourself.
Holy Sword > Warden Sword. All "Knight" classes have innate "Defend".
Holy Sword name unchanged for Delita. He however does not have innate "Defend".
Abilities:
-A-
Icesworn Strike: Same as Stasis Sword, but no added PA. Also has Ice element. JP 0.
Divine Sword: Same as Split Punch, but has vastly improved vertical. Maintains increased PA. No longer inflicts Death Sentence. JP 300.
Felling Strike: Same as Crush Punch, but has decrease in PA. Both sword-skills lose their element. JP 300.
Holy Revive: Restores a unit with 50% health. Range 3, AOE 0. JP 200.
Holy Crush: Removes Charging, Performing, Defending statuses. 100%. Range 3, AOE 0. JP 500.
-R/S/M-
Equip Sword: Same as Knight's ability. JP 300.
Maintenance: Special to "Knight" classes. JP 250.
Critical Quick: Same as in vanilla. JP 400.
Move +2: Same as vanilla. JP 300.

Bard/Dancer - still considering (NEW and Improved)

Both consolidated into Terror Knight
(Edit: I got rid of the Rune Fencer thing and consolidated it into Geomancer's skills)
Command: Torment
Also based on LUCT. I really liked the idea of adding LUCT's Divine Knight class (Angel Knight for you oldies) but since there's already a Divine Knight class and the mechanic for adding TO's version would be too difficult, I made it a special class instead and added this to be kind of like a Dark Knight counterpart, except not.
-A-
Zombie: Inflicts "Undead" status on one unit. Range 3, AOE 0. JP 250.
Drain Heart: The oracle's old HP absorbing skill. Since the Oracle = gone (I hated that class) it fits here. JP 100.
It has the same limitation as Beowulf's skill. MP 12.
Drain Mind: Same thing, but the MP skill. JP 200. MP 1.
Fearful Impact: Ranged attack which inflicts chicken. Range 3, AOE 0. MP 14. JP 300.
Shadowbreak: Removes "Haste" and "Transparent" from surrounding units, hits for 100%. AOE: 2. JP 300.
Dead Lamentation: Reduces Brave/Causes "Fear" status on units surrounding the within 2 squares. Hits allies and enemies. JP 400.
-R/S/M-
Meatbone Slash: These guys deserve this. JP 300.
Fortify: Casts protect on self. JP 300.
Flourish: Makes abilities hit 20% more efficiently. JP 400.
Accrue EXP: Move Gain EXP with a higher amount. JP 600.

(I would add Drain Power as a skill that drains CT, but as far as I know it might be impossible to make such a formula)

Dycedarg's Elder Brother

Hah...you thought I would spoil the glorious reveal of D.E.B.'s visage?!
You thought wrong!
I'll give you one skill of his though that I think you'll like!
He's basically a novelty character, but he is very powerful all the same.
-A-
Grand Charm: Charms all enemy units. 100%. Range/AOE: 255.

Miscellaneous changes:
Quite a few characters from vanilla have been replaced
No weapon in the game has a WP over 20
No shield has an EV over 50, with one exception
No armor/helm gives an HP bonus over 120
Either bombs or piscodemons are going to be replaced.
Deep Dungeon is nearly impossible (trust me, I've playtested it near 100 times)
Trying to implement a battle with D.E.B. (it's been a dream of mine for years now)
Altima is now the hardest boss in the game
Go back to the world map after "the end". Possible save prompt before hand but idk
Trying to find a way where after "the end" you can fight in Murond like the D.D. but currently it seems impossible, although this is likely because I don't know how to do it
Teta is recruitable
I want onion knights and dark knights in, but without being like the patch-which-will-not-be-named
In fact this is all an attempt to make a better hardtype patch than the forbidden one's (not exactly true, but I don't like...that patch...)
Debating on whether making Lavian, Alicia and Rad specials is a good idea
Added Ritz from FFTA as a playable character, might replace her with Catiua or Eleanor if I can make/receive sprites for that
All units can change their names for maximum lulz
Nerfing swordskills even more than usual, I don't like them at all to be honest
Many end game enemies have ??? stats, especially those in Murond
Counter Magic is now Counter Skill, I'll add this to the Job Changes when I get around to posting the rest
Byblos is now extremely OP, but that's okay since Elidibs is a Saint Ajora-damned nightmare
Some weapons now have drawbacks; for instance the most powerful one-handed sword has a chance of quicking enemies
Almost all equipment has some kind of use now with the exception of beginning-game equips
Calculators are gone (this seems like a common thing to do) for players only. They still exist in the enemy ranks (although I hope they use their abilities, I can't seem to recall if they do or not in vanilla because I hardly remember Vanilla at this point)
Yiazmat boss battle in END, I made him as obscenely hard as possible without being "lolz" level. You can
"farm" rare equips from him.
Most Specials nerfed, including the popular nerfable Orlandu, though he serves a new purpose
All "Swordskill" knights exist on a spectrum now, ranging from Divine (stat based) Holy (damage based) Neutral (both) Dark (absorbing things) and Death/Blood (status effects)
In keeping with Vanilla tradition, the Wiegraf solo fight is technically the hardest fight in the game again, due to his abilities of removing all buffs, Don't Move/Don't Acting you instantly, and hitting you with linear damage from across the map.

• Modding version: PSX & WotL

theultrawolf

November 10, 2015, 12:22:28 am #1 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 04:09:03 am by theultrawolf
More job updates:

Archer (They're alright. Anything's better than charge.)

Archer > Forester. They have some good monster culling techniques, as well as some good statuses.
Charge > Forestry. Charge will still be used on several enemy groups as well as a few guests. (Charge + 99?!)
Abilities:
-A- (all abilities = weapon range. Possibly require bow)
Vitals Aim: Poison, Berserk and Charm on a single monster unit. JP 100.
Composition: Increases PA by 1. JP 250
Blackout: Darkness on an AOE. JP 100
Arm Aim: Don't Act on a single enemy unit. JP 200.
Leg Aim: Don't Move on a single enemy unit. JP 200.
Phosphorus: Crystallize a single undead unit. Low hit rate. JP 300.
Armor Aim: Breaks an enemy's armor. JP 400.
-R/S/M-
Concentrate: Same as vanilla. JP 300.
Arrow Guard: Also same as vanilla. JP 200.
Critical Quick: New to the Forester. JP 300.
Move +2: Also new to forester. JP 350.

Calculator (I always wanted a Lich in FFT)

As I stated in "Misc Changes" above, the Calculator itself will become an enemy-only job, seen mostly in "elite", groups of wizards.
It's even more OP than in vanilla for them, but you'll never get to use it in any capacity. However, the Calc has been replaced by
the Lich, an undead magus who can cast some of the best spells in the game. They have permanent Undead to make up for their
immense magic power which doesn't revolve completely around darkness but certainly contains a lot of it.
Math Skill > Arcane Magic
Abilities:
-A-
Comet: Deals random damage to an area. Range 4, AOE 2. JP 200.
Graviton: Reduces HP to 10%. Has a dark elemental. Range 3, AOE 0. JP 350.
Dispel 2: Removes many status buffs. Range 3, AOE 2. JP 300.
Abyss: Deals heavy dark damage. Causes Sleep. Range 3, AOE 2. JP 400. F(MA*29)
Starfall: Deals heavy holy damage. Causes Confuse. Range 3, AOE 2. JP 400. F(MA*29)
Doom: Causes death sentence. Range 3, AOE 0. JP 200.
Ease 2: Cures more statuses than Ease, but still probably less than Esuna. Range 3, AOE 0. JP 300.
Flare: Heavy non-elemental damage. Range 3, AOE 2. F(MA*31) JP 500.
-R/S/M-
Damage Split:
-CHOICE BETWEEN-
Instant Charge: Yep, Non-charge in all its glory. JP 1500/2500.
Short Charge: A little less over the top. JP 350.
----------------------
Equip Rods: Exactly what it says. Rods, Staves, and Poles. JP 300.
Teleport: A little less effective (18% drop in effectiveness) but still very versatile. JP 350.

Cloud (You might get replaced even though I like what I did with Limit)

Cloud's not changed as of yet, mostly because I like him in the context of FFT, but who knows, this may change with time.
His abilities however are and I really made a point to reflect their use in FF7 as well as giving them a hardtype use. (every ability and item should have a use in my personal opinion)
-A-
Braver - Y changed to 22. Has instant effect. MP 10. JP 0.
Cross Slash - AOE changed to 2, Y changed to 12. MP 14. JP 200.
Blade Beam - Range reduced by 1, but now has AOE. MP 18. JP 300.
Climhazzard - Not much changed here, but ranged reduced from 4 to 3. Follows target. MP 22. JP 400
Meteorain - Hits randomly in an area, similar to the Lich's Comet ability. Has "Holy" element. Y is changed to 8, strikes up to 8 times. AOE changed to 2. MP 26. JP 400
Finish Touch - Chance to inflict Stop and Death Sentence on enemies. Range reduced, follows target. MP 30. JP 500
Omnislash - Range/AOE reduced. Hits randomly in an area, up to 5 times. Y is changed to 19. MP 34. JP 600.
Cherry Blossom - Un-counter skill-able. Deals fire, earth, ice, and lightning damage. Y is changed to 28. MP 38. JP 750.
-R/S/M-
Short Charge - You know the drill. JP 350.
Counter Skill - A useful ability, I chose it because of the ability to counter with Materia in FF7. JP 400
Move +2 You know the drill.
Innate Defend - he's the only non-"knight" unit to receive the Defend ability

Steel Giant (To be honest I want to replace him too)

He's got a very high HP and PA amount, but his abilities shave a lot of HP off at once.
-A-
Giga Drill: Extreme damage on one enemy, inflicts dead. However, the user takes massive damage. Range: 1. AOE: 0.
Explosives: Heavy fire damage to an area. Random hits. Range 4, AOE 1.
Dispose: Has a lower range than in vanilla, reduced to 5. AOE still 0. Cannot be evaded.
Crush: Inflicts Don't Move/Don't Act.
-R/S/M-
Comes with defense UP. Has ignore height as an innate, as well as Counter Skill.

Mediator (I like as of right now)

Talk Skills and Mediator remain unchanged in name, but have received various buffs/nerfs, depending on how you define both terms.
-A-
Recruit: Same as invite, just a different name due to range. Range 2. AOE 0. JP 100.
Advice: Gives an ally Transparent status. Range 2, AOE 0. JP 200.
Meditations: Restores a small amount of MP. Range 2, AOE 0. JP 200.
Intimidate: Gives an enemy "Chicken" status. (This basically just cancels their turn) Range Range 3, AOE 0. JP 300.
Sermon: Gives a unit the "Faith" status. Range 3, AOE 0. JP 300.
Lecture: Gives a unit the "Innocent" status. Range 3, AOE 0. JP 300.
Fearmonger: Stops a unit. Range 2, AOE 0. JP 400.
Put Down: Cancels Performing, Regen, Protect, Shell, Reraise, Haste. Range 2, AOE 0. JP 500.
Provoke: Causes berserk/confuse status. Range 3, AOE 0. JP 350.
ASMR: Sleep/Slow to an AOE. Low hit rate. Range 3, AOE 1. JP 400.
-R/S/M-
Ear Plugs: It's just "Finger Guard" renamed. JP 300.
Polyglot: Can use Mediator skills if not a Mediator. JP 400.
Equip Books: Sounds about right. JP 300.
Walk on Water: Heheheheh. JP 300.

Summoner (Considering changing completely)

Yep, Summoners have been nerfed a bit. Summoner > Evoker, like in FF3.
"Espers" is now their thingy-ma-bob. Summons no longer don't target allies, and are unavoidable.
-A-
Shiva: Deals ice damage. Range 3, AOE 2. F(MA*18). JP 100.
Ifrit: Deals fire damage. Range 3, AOE 2. F(MA*18). JP 100.
Ramuh: Deals lightning damage. Range 3, AOE 2. F(MA*18). JP 100.
Titan: Deals earth damage. Range 3, AOE 2. F(MA*20). JP 250.q
Sylph: Deals wind damage. Range 3, AOE 2. F(MA*20). JP 250.
Leviathan: Deals water damage. Range 3, AOE 2. F(MA*20). JP 250.
Odin: Attempts to inflict dead on all enemies in range. Low hit rate. Range 3, AOE 1. JP 400.
Catoblepas: Attempts to inflict petrify on all enemies in range. Range 3, AOE 1. JP 400.
Bahamut: Deals heavy damage to a big area. Range 4, AOE 3. F(MA*28). JP 500.
-R/S/M-
MP Shield: MP Switch renamed. JP 300.
Half MP: Half the MP consumption. Possibly making this Null MP which makes no MP cost. JP: 400. JP if Null MP: 1500/2500
Accrue JP: Basically Move JP up. JP 300.

Beowulf (I like Beowulf but might change him just for the sake of change)

Leech: It's just Drain ASM'd to now only drain a max of 250 HP. That's still a useful amount, though. Just not particularly good for dealing huge damage. MP: 10. JP 100.
Cancel: Removes Charging, Defending, Performing. JP 250.
Confuse: Range reduced here. MP 12. JP 200.
Silence: Range reduced. MP 12. JP 200.
Sleep: Range reduced. MP 14. JP 300.
Despair: Range reduced. MP 14. JP 300.
Break: Reduced range. MP 16. JP 400.
Shock: Reduced range to 5. MP 20. JP 500.
-R/S/M-
MP Shield: The MP Switch ability. JP 300.
Maintenance: All "Knights" have it. JP 300.
Equip Armor: Complementary. JP 400.
Accrue MP: Also complementary. JP 300.

Byblos (Idk if I should replace him or not. If I *do* it will probably be with Ritz from FFTA)

Who knows, I might trade him for another special. As of right now though, here's how he stands:
-A-
Energy: Heals a lot of HP to an area. No longer damages the Byblos. Range: 3. AOE: 2. MP 30. Speed: 20.
Parasite: Range increased to 6, but hit rate dropped. Range: 6. AOE: 2.
Shock: This is now akin to Cloud's Climhazzard. Wait, that's pretty OP... Range: 4. AOE: 0.
Difference: His most OP ability. It can now hit all enemies...MULTIPLE TIMES. Range/AOE: 255.
-R/S/M-
He has Walk on Water now, but loses Secret Hunt. He also gains Ignore Height like his Apanda brethren. Counter is now Counter Geo. In addition, both Apandas and Byblos halve all elemental damage.

Samurai

Samurai > Swordmaster. Their skillset is also completely changed, and I'm debating whether or not to still use katanas (now Great Katanas) as a reagent or to switch that to something else. They can equip all kinds of swords, daggers, and katanas.
Similarly, Draw Out > War Dances.
-A-
Lion Dance: Restores a small bit of MP to a wide radius. (All dances = Range: Self) AOE 2. MP 10. JP 100.
Harvest Dance: Restores a small bit of HP to a large radius. AOE 3. MP 10. JP 200.
Bellows Dance: Inflicts "Protect" to a wide radius. AOE 2. MP 15. JP 250.
Shriving Dance: Removes many status atrophies (Poison, Darkness, Silence, Slow, Chicken, Don't Move, Don't Act, Sleep) AOE 2. MP 18. JP 300.
Comely Dance: Inflicts Berserk/Confusion to a wide radius. AOE 2. MP 18. JP 300.
Torpor Dance: Inflicts Slow to a wide radius. AOE 2. MP 22. JP 350.
Rigor Dance: Damage/Stop on a small radius. AOE 1. MP 26. JP 500.
Succubus Dance: Inflicts Charm to a wide radius. AOE 2. MP 22. JP 400.
-R/S/M-
Preempt: Basically Hamedo. I want to change its formula a tad though to make it so it just attacks first. JP 400.
Mighty Strike: Increases attack power of melee attacks. JP 300.
Mind's Eye: Avoids physical attacks. Like Abandon, but better. JP 350.
Swim: Move around in deep water. JP 250.

Ramza 3

Ramza is now a Lord in this rendition. He's basically a Magic Knight in that sense, with high MA and PA growth, decent HP and MP
growth, and finally "Meh" movement and C/EV. I obviously can't copy Denam's Lord from TO, but I certainly did try.
His new skillset is "Gallantry".
-A-
Cure: It's helpful. JP 100.
Napalm: Obvious. JP 100.
Blizzard: Same. JP 350.
Prostasia: Effective. JP 150.
Haste: Once again. JP 150.
Recruit: Slightly more effective version. Range 3, AOE 0. JP 200.
Cheer Up: Taken from Warrior. JP 200.
Mighty Impact: Also taken from Warrior. JP 200.
First Aid: His First Aid is different. It's a non-charging Esuna like skill. JP 300.
Wish: Ranged revive skill for no MP. JP 0.
Heavenly Judge: Unique holy magic spell that only Alma, Ovelia, Delita and Ramza can cast, along with a small selection of enemies. Deals huge damage to a small radius. MP 50, Range 3, AOE 1. Learn on hit.
-R/S/M-
Counter
Rail Against
Move-Find Item
Equip Swords
Monkey Grip: Unique to all Ramza classes. Can wield 2 handed weapons with 1 hand. JP 350.

MORE MISC CHANGES
No perma-haste on anything. Haste duration decreased.
Wall as a status introduced, reduces HP damage to 10%
Considering using Dark/Evil looking as a status that removes use of skills for the entire battle
Monster skills changed to be much more useful and intimidating - Example: Mind Control (Tiamat ability) Causes Invite or Charm on enemy units. Electrocute (Cocatoris ability) Massive lightning damage to all enemies.
Monsters all have maxed innate slots
Changed Knight Sword formula
Changed Flail and Axe formulas
Staves don't provide any WP with a few exceptions, focus primarily on MA
Shields provide stat bonuses
Transparent is just a free 100% hit
CT 0 abilities enemy only
Ramza's skillset utterly changed
Gun formula changed
Been considering replacing Beowulf
Generics at game's start have assigned names and values
First battle's difficulty increased. You might even get a Game Over :(
Sword Skill formulas replaced
Elemental weaknesses increased
Elemental strengthen reduced
Defend UP nerfed
Magic Defend UP nerfed
Attack UP nerfed
Magic Attack UP nerfed
JP Glitch fixed
Oil fixed
Float = Weak to Wind
Chicken = weak to fire
Considering replacing Cloud "This guy are sick" Strife with someone more interesting.

Jumza

Quote from: theultrawolf on November 10, 2015, 12:22:28 am

Monster skills changed to be much more useful and intimidating - Example: Mind Control (Tiamat ability) Causes Invite and Charm on enemy units.

It's funny because if you inflict Charm and Invite, the monster will join the blue team, then be charmed and continue fighting for the red team (or green or light blue or whatever).

You've got some cool ideas floating around :) If you ever need help with anything don't hesitate to ask!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

theultrawolf

November 11, 2015, 04:00:25 am #3 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:15:20 am by theultrawolf
Quote from: Jumza on November 10, 2015, 11:59:10 am
It's funny because if you inflict Charm and Invite, the monster will join the blue team, then be charmed and continue fighting for the red team (or green or light blue or whatever).

To my knowledge, at least when Charm is already existent on an enemy unit, if you Invite them as well, they are still considered part of the enemy team somehow and thus will remain loyal to you even though they're also charmed. If you remove Charm, they'll act like a regular guest! But the idea I had was more of a "Random" status infliction, so when you cast it (Kind of like Tainted Love in TO) you'll either get Charm, or Invite, but not both.

And definitely! I have a couple of things I might want to take you up on (after seeing the progress for A Stone's Ripple) but that won't be for a little while, since I'm still working on Events and various in-game text at the moment. Also, I'll be updating this probably over the next week, so feel free to critique it (that's open to anyone for that matter) in any way that you feel could be constructive!

theultrawolf

November 12, 2015, 05:41:54 am #4 Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 09:12:55 am by theultrawolf
A taste of the difficulty level:

Deep Dungeon - BRIDGE (my fav deep dungeon map)

Warlock Troupe (Difficulty: 9/10. I've managed to beat this battle using the current meta, so it's not impossible, but definitely requires some prep and since there's 3 other insane battles on this floor, such as the 7/10 Divine Knights, 8/10 Skull Knights and 8.5/10 Demikraken, resets might happen if you don't want to prepare a multi-strategy team.)

12 enemy Female Warlocks equipped with a Heretic Rod in one hand (innocent) and a Serpent Staff (Casts Midgar Zolom, gives a +3 MA boost and strengthens Dark) in the other. They all have Ribbons. Finally a Bloody Robe gives +2 MA, 50 HP. and 120 MP, and allows them to absorb Dark damage.
A Deep Musk (new perfume, gives initial haste + regen) sorts it all out. They have Accrue MP as their move ability, Maintenance, Short Charge, Defense UP, and M-Defense UP as innate abilities, M-Attack UP as their support ability, MP Switch/Counter Skill as their counter ability and finally, their two skillsets:
Warlock Magic:
-A-
Prominence: Non-faith based magic damage. MA*24. Range 3, AOE 2.
Black Death: Attempts to inflict dead/petrify on all enemies. Low hit rate. MP 60.
Lancet de Draco: Like a Draw out Skill. It does damage to a decent radius and absorbs HP. AOE: 2.
Maelstrom: Reduces HP by 1/4. Range 3. AOE 2.
Shadow Flare: Deals non-faith based damage. MA*45. Range 4. AOE 0.
---
Revivification:
-A-
Resurrect: Revives all allies. AOE: 255. MP 40.
Renew: Heals ally 999 HP. Range: 4, AOE: 0 MP 40.
Astra: Gives Wall status. Range: 3, AOE 0. MP 30.
Sophia: Increases MA on a single unit. Range 3, AOE 0. MP 15.

Demikraken (Difficulty: 8.5/10) (Maybe I should replace him with a Nu Mou?)

The Demikraken is a repaletted Pisco Demon as of right now, and might be the only one in the game if I decide to replace them. He's basically an annoying mage who likes to stop/sleep your units, increase his own speed, and do 255 AOE damage.
-A- (Death Grip)
Azoth: The same as FFTA. Inflicts Sleep on all enemy units. AOE 255. MP 55.
Galaxy Stop: Yep. AOE 255. MP 60.
Stardust: Also like in FFTA. Deals non elemental damage to all enemies. AOE 255. MP 70.
Pale Moon: Very heavy dark damage to a unit. Inflicts Don't Move/Don't Act. Range 3, AOE 0. MP 36.
Limit Glove: This pretty much deals 999 damage. Range: 1. AOE: 0. MP 120.
-A- (Hermetic Arts)
Deluge: Light water damage to all enemies and allies. It heals him since he absorbs water. AOE 255.
Elixir: One of the few to have this. You know what it does already.
Demon Fruit: Causes a number of random status ailments.
-R/S/M-
He has innate Short Charge, Defense UP, M-Defense UP, and MP Shield innately. On his person is Speed Save, Throw Item, and Accrue MP. He absorbs Water damage, halves all other damage, and cancels lightning damage.

theultrawolf

November 18, 2015, 05:08:03 am #5 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 03:57:30 am by theultrawolf
ITEM LIST

Knives, Swords, Greatswords

KnivesWPEvasionElementTwo Hands?Two Swords?Rare?PriceStat BonusStrengthenAbsorbWeakCancelHalfSpecial
Battle Knife415NoneYesYesNo200Speed +1NoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Double Attack
Chef's Knife510NoneYesYesNo1000Speed +1NoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Double Attack
Kard515NoneYesYesNo2000Speed +1NoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Steal Clothing
Valiant Dagger710FireYesYesNo3000SP +1, PA +1NoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Parley
Brilliant Dagger630HolyYesYesNo5500Speed +1HolyHolyNoneNoneNoneNone
Marauder625NoneYesYesNo7000Speed +1NoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Double Attack
Predator Knife910IceYesYesNo13000Speed +1IceNoneNoneNoneIceNone
Assassin Blade120DarkNoYesSemi16000Speed +1DarkNoneNoneNoneDark25% Assassinate
Pinion Blade720WindNoYesSemi16000Speed +2WindNoneNoneNoneWindInflict Float
Yama1120NoneNoYesYes25000PA+1NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneDrains HP
Swords
Short Sword415NoneNoYesNo300Move +1NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNone
Spatha615NoneYesYesNo1100NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNone
Estoc Rapier525NoneYesYesNo2000Move +1NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNone
Nimcha715NoneYesYesNo3500NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNone
Burglar Sword915WindYesYesSemi15000Speed +1NoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Steal Accessory
Lightning Sword830LightningYesYesNo5000Move +1LightningNoneNoneLightningNone25% Solid Shock
Walloon Sword1017NoneYesYesNo6500PA +1NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNone
Moon Child1620HolyYesYesYes55000MA +2NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneInnate Regen
Quicksword1425NoneNoYesNo9000NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Cast Quick
Kukri1130NoneNoYesNo12000NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNone
Ice Blade1315IceYesYesNo14000NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNone
Daedalus Blade1522LightningYesYesSemi32000PA+1NoneNoneNoneLightningNoneNone
Brynhildr1225HolyNoYesYes50000PA, MA, SP +1HolyNoneNoneNoneHoly25% Cast Spiritsurge
Greatswords
Materia Blade1420NoneForcedNoSemi24000MA +2NoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Cast Ultima
Rhomphaia1530NoneForcedNoNo28000NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneInnate Defend
Saint Jeanne1715NoneForcedNoSemi35000NoneHolyNoneNoneFireNone25% Cast Major Cure
Anastasia1325HolyForcedNoYes45000PA +2NoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Double Attack
Ambicion1625HolyForcedNoYes55000PA, MA +1NoneNoneNoneNoneHolyNone
Cortana2010NoneForcedNoYes65000NoneAll ElementsNoneAll ElementsNoneNone25% Cast Neutralize

Great Katanas, Katanas, Axes, Rods and Staves

Great Katanas
Asura715FireForcedNoNo1500NoneFireNoneNoneNoneNone25% Lion Dance
Nodachi625NoneForcedNoNo3000Speed +1NoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Harvest Dance
Oakblade815EarthForcedNoNo4500NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Bellows Dance
Helm Halver1015NoneForcedNoNo6000NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Shriving Dance
Zanmato935HolyForcedNoNo8000PA+1NoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Comely Dance
Rainbow Blade1120All ElementsForcedNoSemi16000NoneAll ElementsNoneAll ElementsNoneNone25% Torpor Dance
Crescente1215NoneForcedNoNo11000NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneCauses Berserk
Lightbringer1512LightningForcedNoNo14000PA+1LightningNoneNoneLightningNone25% Succubus Dance
Beadbound Blade1325IceForcedNoSemi20000MA +2NoneNoneNoneIceNone25% Rigor Dance
Kusanagi1710NoneForcedNoYes63000NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneInnate Transparent
Katanas
Heel Blade625NoneYesYesNo1300Speed +1NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneGives Blind
Wakizashi815NoneYesYesNo2600NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneGives Berserk
Obello555WindYesYesNo3900NoneWindNoneNoneNoneWindInitial Defend, Protect
Moon Sickle735NoneYesYesNo5200NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneInitial Haste
Spellblade930NoneYesYesNo7000MA +2NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneInitial Faith
Brahma1223HolyYesYesSemi15000NoneHolyHolyDarkNoneDark25% Spiritsurge
Bakasura1130DarkYesYesYes24000NoneDarkNoneNoneNoneNone25% Blood Suck
Oathblade155NoneYesYesYes32000PA, MA +1NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneGives Death Sentence
Axes
Francisca1030NoneForcedNoNo6000PA +1NoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Double Attack
Guisarme1320NoneForcedNoNo15000PA +1NoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Mighty Impact
Procs1610FireForcedNoSemi22000PA +1NoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Berserk Slash
Rune Axe190WaterForcedNoYes60000PA +1WaterNoneNoneNoneNone25% Aqualung
Rods
Wand420NoneYesYesNo400MA +1NoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Cast Sylph
Element Wand610Lightning, Ice, FireYesYesNo1200MA +1Lightning, Fire, IceLightning, Fire, IceNoneNoneNoneNone
Spellcaster510NoneYesYesNo2400MA +1NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneCasts random spells
Catiua's Rod815HolyYesYesSemi10000Move +1NoneNoneNoneNoneHoly25% Cast Holy
Twisted Branch125NoneYesYesNo6500PA +1NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNone
Priestly Rod620NoneYesYesNo10000NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Renew
Lipul Rod710HolyYesNoSemi22000MA +2HolyNoneNoneNoneNone25% Cast Star Tiara
Heretic Rod640NoneYesNoYes40000PA, MA +1NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneInitial Innocent. Gives target Innocent
Staves
Sibyl Staff415NoneYesYesNo500NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Drain Mind
Purity Staff620HolyYesYesNo1400NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneRemoves Statuses
Healing Cane1515HolyYesYesNo1800NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneHeals HP
Despot's Cane810NoneYesYesNo3000Speed +1NoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Cast Slow
Serpent Staff722NoneYesYesNo6000NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNone25% Midgar Zolom
Vesper1120LightningYesNoNo9000PA +2LightningNoneNoneLightningNone25% Shadow Flare
Wiseman Staff925DarkYesNoSemi18000MA +4NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneInnate Death Sentence
Sage Staff1018HolyYesNoYes40000MA +1HolyNoneNoneNoneHoly25% Cast Ease