• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:50:41 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Tactics Ogre.

Started by Havermayer, May 16, 2010, 03:41:49 pm

winshmo2

too bad ffta2 has a short and sucky story.. Tactics Ogre remake would be a remedy to the awful srpgs nowadays (not counting Valkyria Chronicles 2, this shit is fun)

philsov

I don't know if anything ever got done with the project but Town Knave (he wrote the Tactics Ogre BMG!  /swoon) talked about hacking it some time ago.

*uses Forum-fu*

here we go...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1218
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Havermayer

Quote from: "Kaijyuu"Curious; what bugs out about the patch in ZSNES? ZSNES sucks so it's not impossible for it to be the emulator's fault, but most of the time it allows stuff it shouldn't rather than the other way around.

Which snes emulator should I be using?  I have noticed some slowdown in Zsnes, and SNES9X can be a bit glitchy at times.

Zozma

FFTA 2 what a shame, the game is to easy to end, storywise... I would have liked to have been forced to do a few more of the sidequests just to open the main story but whatever.... I mean, i only wanted the story from the beginning so i started the game with a copy of Frimelda with Illua's job... of course that put an end to the game pretty fast
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

SilvasRuin

The only part of the story worth anything in FFTA2 are the longer sidequest chains, specifically the one involving the that ninja and his allies.  The main plot itself was rather horrid.  They REALLY could have done more with the whole Heritor bit too.  It ends on a rather ambiguous note, you having learned nothing about them, and the final skill flat out sucks.  I mean, sure, it has its uses, but a melee range, single target regen is not very impressive, even if it doesn't have an MP cost.  Spending every one of her turns just applying regen to everyone is just wasteful.  If it effected a somewhat wide area around her, it would at least be a good opening move.

Kaijyuu

Quote from: "Havermayer"Which snes emulator should I be using?  I have noticed some slowdown in Zsnes, and SNES9X can be a bit glitchy at times.
BSNES is by far the best emulator out there, but quite CPU heavy. Most emulators take shortcuts to speed up emulation... this one doesn't. Use it if you have a decent computer.

Otherwise I never really had any problem with ZSNES. From a programmer point of view, it sucks because the video and sound processors are far from accurately emulated. Most commercial games run identically on it though.
  • Modding version: PSX

Zozma

I was playing FFTA2 and got bored halfway thru, so then i started over with a level1 Frimelda but with the Nightshade job

yeah thats a lot funner, and, needless to say, she makes the herator job look like crap. that spell "Sheol" is great! I know I'm wrong for that but still. lol
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!