• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:25:00 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Help! Shishi editor not updating sprite!

Started by Valkirst, June 05, 2018, 11:24:03 pm

Valkirst

June 05, 2018, 11:24:03 pm Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 12:15:26 am by Valkirst
I have never had this problem come up before. Whatever reason whenever I go to update my Fran sprite it actually reverts to an earlier version of the sprite than the one I'm trying to upload. I tried resetting everything including my computer and then I tried a fresh version of Shishi and fresh ISO, I renamed the sprite and nothing is working. I even tried to upload a different one and that works but when I go back to upload again, It just keeps going back to the previous version! Haaalp meee... 😭
  • Modding version: PSX
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

3lric

Well you have to be doing something wrong if you tried a fresh iso and a fresh shishi. As neither of those would have access to the old file, unless you are linux and simlinked them or something, but i kinda doubt that.

Maybe put the would be sprite into palette editor, and see what happens?

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Valkirst

OK, so I tried the pallet editor and that didn't work either and no my ISO is not read only. However, I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier all I did was Select all and copy and then pasted it onto a blank sheet and voila! lol a stupid solution to a stupid problem... but why!?
Completed Sprites

Nyzer

I dunno, did you have a .png and .bmp with the same name or something?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Valkirst

Definitely not I wouldn't be editing on a sprite in png., the problem occurred while editing, ctrl+s than went to hit ctrl+r to check the frame on shishi and that's how it started. Reverted back to an old version and whatever I did it wouldn't pop back up.
Completed Sprites