• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:05:32 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Lion editor for iPhone?

Started by Samb, May 03, 2012, 08:23:54 pm

Samb

Long time lurker first time posting. I've played FFT on the PS1 and the original game save editor from this very site. I never got the PSP but just recently got the WotL on iPhone and I love it. But not being able to get the multiplayer items really bums me out. After two patches, multiplayer feature were not added and don't ever seem to be. Lion editor also doesn't work on these newer versions.
I was wondering if it was possible to develop an lion editor app for the app store. I certeinly would pay for that app, afterall I did she'll put 15 dollars for the game (most expensive I have ever made on the app store).  Are there copyright issues preventing this? 

Barring that is there a way to patch the lion editor so that I can work for the newer versions? 

Thanks in advance.

Eternal

Not sure about there being an editor, but I've heard that multiplayer items unlock in the Fur Shop after beating the game.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Samb

I hear that the multiplayer items are not availible at all.

Just tried to import an edited save and no luck. Is there a patch on the lion editor for the iOS version?  It would be much appriciated.

Samb

No one has any insight into this?  Help a fellow fanatic out here.

Eternal

The problem is that the iPhone version isn't really documented well, and I don't think many people here have the means to play it. I'll see if I can get you some help though.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Samb

Thanks for the help eternal.

You used to be able to access the save file with a firmware, use lion editor, place it back into the game and play.  But the newer versions don't read the edited saves at all.  Trying to install an older version is not possible without jailbreaking my iphone, which i don't want to do (and can't thanks to the new software update).  Plus the old versions are hard to find and had considerable slowdown issues.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Post one of the saves for the iPhone version, I guess?

ET, is this the sort of thing a spreadsheet does well?  I could maybe help out with this, provided some searchable lists of vanilla data.

Samb

Excuse my amertuerism but how exactly do I post a save?  What is it supposed to look like?  It's a .bin file that somehow isn't read once it is edited by the game. I have no programming know how so please keep it in laymen's terms.

I'm also baffled as to how the app can tell an edited save file from an unedited one. Thought is was just a bunch of hex lines.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Just put it in a zip file, and upload it to the forum.  Leave the rest to me.

When you upload your save, tell me exactly what the stats for all your characters are, along with how much Gil you have.

This would be a lot easier if I had some documentation for PS1 and PSP save formats for FFT, if anyone has info on those.

Samb

Here's the link for it.

http://www.2shared.com/file/7_F2AIqM/FFTSAVE.html

It has two saves on it, I'll give you the later one.

Gil: 31060
Ramza ninja 54: hp=212, br=84, fa=70, mp=39, sp=12, PA=13, MA=7
Osric black mage 51: hp=216, br=51, fa=60, mp=103, sp=8, PA=7, MA=13
Arkeisios red chocobo 8: hp=82, mp=9, br=46, fa=57, sp=7, PA=467, MA=9
Orrick geomancer 49:hp=271, mp=66, br=72, fa=61, sp=8, PA=12, MA=8
Dametta geomancer 50: hp=265, mp=65, br=73, fa=63,sp=9, PA=8, MA=12
Helena Arithetican 49: hp=190, mp=50, br=74, fa=74, sp=5,PA=3, MA=6
Katherine black mage 49: hp=198, mp=103, br=46, fa=63, sp= 9, PA=5, MA= 15

more later...

Pickle Girl Fanboy

0x0928 : HP, 0x00??, Position 1 (Ramza)
^Can I get a verification from anyone that this is correct?  I don't have a PSP anymore.

Give me the following values for the character in position 1 (which is always Ramza):
*Level
*Experience
*HP (212)
*MP (39)
*Brave (84)
*Faith (70)
*Equipped Items (Include nothing if nothing is equipped)
**Right Hand
**Left Hand
**Head
**Body
**Accessory
*Equipped Abilities
**Secondary Skillset
**Reaction
**Support
**Movement

Gil: 31060

And double check that the stats you post are for the save you posted too.

Samb

equiped itmes
right hand: ninja blade
left hand: iron flail
head: green beret
body: Brigandine
accessory: power gauntlet

abilities
secondary: mettle (ch 2,3)
react: adrenaline rush
support: poach
movement: Move +2

Samb

Still no luck?  Anything I can do to help?

Pickle Girl Fanboy

May 17, 2012, 03:26:20 pm #13 Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 03:32:45 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/World_Stats

Quote0x07 - Secondary Skillset
0x08 - Reaction Ability
0x0a - Support Ability
0x0c - Movement Ability
0x0e - Head
0x0f - Body
0x10 - Accessory
0x11 - Right Hand Weapon
0x12 - Right Hand Shield
0x13 - Left Hand Weapon
0x14 - Left Hand Shield
0x15 - Experience
0x16 - Level
0x17 - Brave
0x18 - Faith

This will probably be the easiest chunk to find.  I'll plug in the hexes for the stats you provided and search for them now.  I got sidetracked with college.

Nope, I got nothing.  It looks like it's compressed.  You might wanna ask Archemaic.

Samb

Compressed?  Would that be why it can't be read by the new versions of WotL?  Because lion editor can only alter uncompressed save files? 

I guess I'll have to jail break my phone and install an older version of the game (if it even exists). Who is this Archemic?  Is he someone who can decompress the save (so it can be edited) and recompressed (so it will read on the iPhone)? 

Pickle Girl Fanboy

A ZIP file is compressed.  It just means that I can't find the values that I KNOW are in there - Ramza's equipment - so it must be either compressed or encrypted.

I'm sure that LionEditor has information on this, you may want to ask Glain as well.

Archemaic just knows a lot about the PSP version, and would know what to do next.

IIRC, there was some kind of tool that could search through an unknown file and look for familiar things to try to determine what kind of file it is.  It would tell you if saves are compressed with a popular format, like 7zip or gzip or something.  Don't remember what it was called though.

Glain

I don't have anything in particular to say about this, as it happens. The file may indeed be compressed. Checking for known compression formats isn't a bad idea, really.

I thought I had something good when I found "02 00 59" at 0x48c, as that could be 02 Ramza, 59 Ninja; then the Brave/Faith values (0x54 = 84, 0x46 = 70) are also found consecutively near that (0x4aa, 0x4ab)...

But it might just be coincidence. That's really all I found that looked right... there's too much that should be in there that isn't, so it seems like this can't be the raw data, and so, compression is the obvious thing to look for... as you mentioned already.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Samb

Hmm I need to find this tool then.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

http://mark0.net/soft-trid-e.html

Here's the tool.  It's Windows only so I can't use it.

You could also post your save file to Romhacking.net, and ask them if this save file is compressed, and if so then how is it compressed (they'll reply with something like LZS, which makes no sense to you, because it's an acronym for a compression formula - needless to say, tedium is in your future).

Samb

Ah thanks.

I think I will just jail break my iphone and install an older version.... just have to wait for the jailbreak for 5.1.1 to come out....

Lesson: never upgrade your iOS or games unless it fixes something really big...
Thanks everyone.