• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:51:16 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Event Give Away!

Started by Jumza, May 30, 2014, 08:33:37 pm

Jumza

Event #2 is complete!

[youtube]BCEXWQTjsVM[youtube]

Hope it makes you laugh just as much as the original video does!

I had to make a few edits to the general movement of the characters so that it didn't look very strange, but I think it turned out well.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Dome

9/10 just because it lacks the awesome SF music
But epic work anyway

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Jumza

Quote from: Dome on September 06, 2014, 02:39:06 am
it lacks the awesome SF music

:o It does! I had completely forgotten, sorry Dome :P

Event 3 should be done soon, I finally got my laptop repaired (yay!) and so I have access to my full screen rather than my little 1/3 that wasn't cracked :P
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

scorpiova

Not sure if you're still doing this or not. If you are, I have 2 events that I would like to do up. But I think I would need a lot of time (or a really thorough tutorial) to understand the different commands and codes to make an event work.

If you are still willing to help out, I would really appreciate it (said the random guy asking for help lol).

Anyhow, if you are interested, the two ideas I have are: (these would occur during the main storyline of FFT, to go with my sprite/class/skillset overhaul patch). I would also write up the dialogue for these scenes if your interested in helping out.

Event 1:

Before the end of chapter 3, after Yuguo Woods unlocks, a new map appears with a new event or the event could occur on an existing map.

-The scene could be a ruins of some sort, or any type of interior that could work like a church or cave.
-Ramza would enter, and inside is a female unit (Going to use the Demagogue skin), who is petrified in the center of the area.
-A demon of some sort, any type of enemy would do, is talking to the status, saying how she is the "True Princess", and that her power will theirs to consume.
-Ramza attacks the demon, his team versus the demons team (again any assortment of monster that seems appropriate could work).
-When the battle is won the petrified woman is freed, and a conversation happens between her and Ramza. She explains that her true name was Ovelia and that she was abducted at a very young age from the monastery where she lived, because her life was in danger. She was raised by a sect of Samurai who have protected and trained her. At some point she was petrified by an unknown enemy and the samurai were either killed or left.
-Ramza is shocked that she is the "True Ovelia" and that the Ovelia he knows is a fake princess.
-She swears Ramza to secrecy, and offers to join him to stop the evil of the Lucavi. But her true identity, despite her resemblance to Ovelia, must remain a secret. She wants nothing to do with royalty. Her Princess class would be different from Ovelia's in that she is capable of using Samurai swords and some samurai abilities, along with some princess skills (mbarrier).
-She goes by the name Caitlan, as she gave up "Ovelia" long ago.
-She joins up.

Event 2: This event could occur anytime in chapter 4.

-This event is a different character. In this scenario, a mysterious woman is said to be fighting monsters and demons in the mountains not far from where fort Zeakden was. When the player lands on the map a battle appears.
-A battle appears in which a woman (Tietra as per the sprite on this site), is battling against a group of monsters.
-Ramza is shocked that she is alive and hardly believes its real. He helps her defeat the enemies.
-Tietra's class will be "Valkyrie", a spear user with some jump skills, along with an assortment of White Magic skills.
-After the battle is complete, Ramza and Teitra discuss her survival.
-She explains - the spirit of the Valkyrie saved her soul. That the Valkyrie took pity on her lost innocence and possessed her body. Bringing her to life and imbuing her with the power of the Valkyrie to fight darkness.
-She also explains that she does not want to see or confront Delita - does not want to tell him that she is alive. She fears that he is corrupted with evil in his quest for power - and that if she talks to him the power of the Valkyrie might want to destroy him.
-Ramza offers for her join him in the fight against corruption and evil, to which she agrees.

If yuo or anyone else is interested in writing these scenes, feel free to let me know. If not, thanks for considering it.

I can trade art work for your efforts, as I am an artist/illustrator. :)

• Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

... This is a 3 year old topic and Jumza is hardly even active.

You should just download EVSP and make the events yourself.

CONMAN

Elric is correct.  In fact, he has an excellent tutorial on how to do these things yourself.  Really, it's not terribly difficult to make a reasonable event, but it does take a fair amount of patience.  BTW, I think everyone would love if you tried your hand at spriting, if you have some artistic talent.

Jumza

Yeah, sorry, now that I'm in uni I'm a touch too busy for something like that :P Events such as these where it's basically people standing around and talking before a battle starts are pretty easy to put together though! You'd be surprised :)

scorpiova

Quote from: CONMAN on April 04, 2017, 11:33:54 pm
Elric is correct.  In fact, he has an excellent tutorial on how to do these things yourself.  Really, it's not terribly difficult to make a reasonable event, but it does take a fair amount of patience.  BTW, I think everyone would love if you tried your hand at spriting, if you have some artistic talent.

Yeah for sure - I figured it was a long shot at getting some events done up. I have been reviewing the tutorial, so it will take some time to learn how to set up the commands to make the events work. The tutorial is great so far.

In terms of spriting I am a little hesitant - I can only imagine how easily it would be to get hooked on making sprites. I know the class mods that I have done for Darkest Dungeon have been quite addictive to make. So just debating how far into modding FFT I want to go. Right now there is an extensive variety of character sprites on this site that are quite awesome.

And no worries at all Jumza, I just wasn't sure if you were still doing events at this point. Thanks for the tutorials :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL