• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:35:19 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] AI Battles topic!

Started by Dome, December 30, 2011, 12:50:22 pm

Dynablade

Then, that's 210 per Chakra (20*7 (1.5)), and his attacks will be a bit weak due to Protect, which is too much math for me to want to go through right now.

If he gets ANY status effect off (other than berserk) early, Ninja wins. He misses a couple and the Knight gets in range, Knight wins.
But even that is tough to say, since the knight will only get one turn up close before the ninja gets outta dodge, unless said ninja goes crazy and decides to just attack.

If I were a betting man, I'd go with the ninja, only because I value speed and a skillset that can disable over PA and HP. But it looks to be really close.
Will the ninja be throwing stars as well? Can assume hes going to toss balls because of his 108 gems, and hell that increases dark damage too so why not toss those Yagyus. But then she might get enough speed during those throws to become as fast as the ninja..

When it's decided, it will be quick. There's no room for back and forth in this battle, since the Knight hits too hard and the Ninja has the opportunity to kill the Knight without even touching her.

Dome

So, are you going to bet on the ninja?
IS THAT YOUR LAST WORD?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Dynablade

I'm going to give it to the first person to land an attack.

Ninja hits with Death Sentence/CT 0, ninja.
Knight hits first (and brings ninja to critical), Knight wins, since being in critical would force the ninja to fight to regain his HP, and in a straight up fight, he'll lose every time.
Or would he? If going into critical, would he just opt to throw items and attack with status effects?

There are a few variables that would wildly change the outcome.
Plus there's the variable of the terrain itself. There are maybe a couple jumps that the knight wouldn't be able to make with 3 jump.

fuck it, ninja wins. his move, speed, and skill set all allow him to control the flow of battle. If he wants to attack up close he can (and not have to totally worry about retaliation with 30% dodge), but if he wants to just play keep away, it'll be easy for a long time, even if Speed save activates every time.

Dynablade

lastly, the knight is female, which means her HP and PA are a little lower than what they could be as a male. HP isn't that big of a deal, but she'd have maybe 2 or 3 more PA, which would be a decent boost for Wave Fist, Earth Slash and Chakra.

Dome

Ok,you bet on ninja
Remember that you can see the stats on the .img I posted before

Dynablade

Yea, been using those stats thoroughly
and i didn't even bring in MP Switch into the equation, that means he's almost guaranteed to survive one attack, unless he gets REALLY unlucky. That further allows him to fight how he sees fit without concern for getting OHKO'd.
Ninjas are just amazing.
I just noticed that he's using gear I have right now, where the Knight is using some end-game DD items. That alone should speak volumes to the Ninja's innate power.

Are the thrown balls physical? Or is it half physical and half magical? That's pretty huge too, since if they are based on magic, the ninja will never have to worry about protect.

Dome

Physical
P.s: Knights are very underrated >_>

Dynablade

then hm

that mixes it up a bit as well. he won't be able to run and gun because it'll be massively ineffective..
uuuughhhhh this is crazy, theory crafting is hard.
Now it's a case for her that she is a walking tank, he can't do enough damage to kill her without getting lucky on a status effect.

Joseph Strife

Nice topic Dome! This is going to be great, i'll bet on the knight, a hard battle, but with chakra the knight can heal himself good enough to support  lots of hits for more speed then kill the ninja. When are you going to post the battle record?
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

HebrewToYou

I'm going with the Knight.  When push comes to shove, I think the knight skillset will come out on top.

3lric

I just wanna see the video o.O
  • Modding version: PSX

shoruke

I'm gonna bet on the knight, but there's a lot of "if this attack hits with only a meager hit rate, then they win easily".
For instance, basically any of the talk skill debuffs, besides maybe sleep...

Dome

December 31, 2011, 04:41:08 am #32 Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 05:42:50 am by Dome
Remember, do not spoil the result of the fight
If you want to discuss/swear/whatever about the result, please do it under "spoiler"

Eternal

...a 2% miss changed the entire outcome of that battle. Junk, you have been bludgeo'd for hammer.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

She would have survived with 66 Hp even if that 98% hit landed.
What really turned Junk into...junk, it's that 25% weapon proc

Dynablade

yay i am happy. something told me berserk would ruin that ninja, and it did. but it -was- close. i can understand wanting to stop her chakra or break skills, but at the cost of making her insane with damage? not that good of a trade. then he fucked up further by staying up close, but like we were talking about before, his throw skills wouldn't do that much damage. MP Switch activated, he got a dodge off, he was just silly in choice of status effect. 
loved that intro you made, classic.
more of these would be cool!

Dome

The second fight has already been recorded and uploaded (It's just hidden) but I don't want to clutter the topic with discussion for the new fight yet

TrueLight

Killed by an ice 2 proc, how sad. I knew talk skill was going to be the ninja's downfall, but not in the form of berserk.
  • Modding version: PSX

Dome

December 31, 2011, 11:15:33 am #38 Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 05:54:06 am by Dome
AI fight 2: Female Samurai Vs Male Geomancer

VS

Eternal

Going to go with Samurai on this one. She's immune to the Geomancer's debuffs, and I (think) Salty Rage gives Auto: Shell in FFT+, lowering Geomancy's damage. That failing, she has Murasame, Kiyomori, Masamune, and Chiri to help. Damage Split might be her undoing though, along with the Geomancer's Auto: Regen.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817